GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576

Old 03-24-2000, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Fund Raiser

The Brothers of LXA at Pittsburg State U (Kansas) did a Tub-A -Thon and raised $2000.00 for the Ronald McDonald House. LXA and ASA together!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-08-2000, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Abercrombie
What is a tubathon?
Old 07-11-2000, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

on my campus, bagel sales are HUGE! you get bagels from a grocery store or bagel shop and the end of the night, when they're going to throw them out anyway, buy ghetto butter and cream cheese (inexpensive=ghetto) and start selling. the day before, or that day, get to kinko's to make copies of fliers promoting your sale, when it is and what house/apartment/dorm number they can call to reach you, as well as the hours of the sale. my sisters and i made about $150.00 working from 10pm-2am delivering bagels. make sure you have plenty of different kinds, as well as a couple toasters. other groups on campus have done the same thing with cookies and milk, grilled cheese, pizza bagels, midnight breakfasts, cookies and condoms, bananas and condoms with a lubricant sample...you can think of more, i'm sure.

we've also done "boograms" at halloween, "smartie-grams" for finals, "a kiss from an SAI" at v-day...you get the idea. it's all cheap, easy and a good way to get some extra cash. something else my sisters and i did which was much harder, but a LOT of fun and very profitable, was we made a CD. being a music sorority, we were able to get access to a recording studio and record some of our SAI songs that we can use outside ritual. we're in the middle of production and editing right now and they'll go on sale at our national convention this august. just my $721.93. if anyone has any questions about any of the fundraisers i mentioned, feel free to e-mail me at leighbwon@gurlmail.com

etienne
sigma alpha iota
hartt school of music, univ. of hartford

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats