GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,702
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, kaylapetrvoz880
» Online Users: 740
0 members and 740 guests
No Members online

Old 03-17-2005, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
NPC Recruitment Styles

Since all the new recruitment styles are in place, i thought it would be interesting to poll everyone to see which style each campus has adopted. Feel free to list the recruitment style your campus has selected (formal/fully structured, partially structured, minimally structured or COR)

If available, include a general schedule (i.e.: Friday night open house, saturday philanthropy, etc - i know some schedules are really detailed, so don't feel you have to post everything!)

my campus:

3 weeks leading to recruitment, we will have a couple of interest building activities, such as a Greek Cafe, maybe a mother/daughter tea or something similar during Move-in weekend and invite anyone who might be interested. Each chapter will be able to set up a table to promote themselves. We are considering allowing a certain number of chapter members to be present to talk to PNMs so they can get excited about recruitment.

We are using partially structured recruitment, so we'll have the standard open house with all PNMs attending each chapter. Then, we'll have philanthropy day, which we haven't quite yet figured out, but it will not be by invitiation (small campus). Pref will be the last day and will more likely than not be invite only.

It's pretty similar to formal, but we are just having more meet & greet sessions earlier in the process. The actual days will be less structured - rounds will be a little different and there won't be party lists.

how about your campus?

Last edited by gpb1874; 03-17-2005 at 04:44 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-19-2005, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Texas
www.texasgreeks.com
14 NPC groups

Recruitment registration will begin on May 1, 2005 and end on August 23, 2005. http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/gle...pc_recruit.php

Aug 24 – Opening Convocation
Aug 25 – Open House - 15 parties (one off)
Aug 26, 27 – Philanthropy - 4 parties each day
Aug 28 – Skit - 5 parties
Aug 29 – Preference - 3 parties
Aug 30 – Bid Day

We used ICS and the new quota system last year, and they seemed to work well.

Last edited by TxAPhi; 03-19-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
As far as I know, we'll still be using the full-structured recruitment. 16 sororites, 1000+ PNM's...I just can't imagine keeping track of everything without it. We played around with the new release figures system last year, and it worked very nicely.

Aug. 7 - Optional Meeting with Panhellenic Counselor (IIX) group
Aug. 8 - Ice Water Teas Day 1
Aug. 9 - Ice Water Teas Day 2
Aug. 10 - Philanthropy Day 1
Aug. 11 - Philanthropy Day 2
Aug. 12 - Skit Day
Aug. 13 - Pref Day
Aug. 14 - Bid Day

I don't know how many parties will be each day, but I believe it's 9 and 7 for IWT Days, 6 and 5 for Philanthropy Days, 5 for Skit, and 3 for Pref.