GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,664
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aisabelamaarley
» Online Users: 1,335
1 members and 1,334 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Will do! It may be a while, because rush is a couple of weeks long. But I'll try and remember to post here.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll let you know the instant we decide whether or not to have one. We originally weren't going to do one in the fall for the first time in years. The rush committee had a meeting last week, but we have not heard anything. I'm hoping for yes! One girl in my suite (the only one that isn't a member) wanted to join last year but missed one rush event trying to make sure she could make the financial obligation.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Our rush is almost over, and the numbers are looking really good for fall! I can't give actual numbers because bids haven't been given out or turned in (those fall on this coming Monday and the Friday after that), but I'm really excited! All of the girls who have come to events are wonderful to talk to and really want to be worthy of SAI (which they all are ).
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

We're giving out bids tomorrow! I'm so excited I could squeal if it weren't past quiet hours. Our potential pledge class this year is huge!

I'm going to be a grandbig! I don't know who the girl is yet, but I love them all so much, so I'll be excited no matter who it is.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I know I keep bumping this, but this time I have REAL news....

We gave bids out to 6 wonderful, beautiful ladies. I hope they all accept their bids!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Yay! Congrats! I'm so happy for your chapter and our wonderful sisterhood!

Roses to our newest buds!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really excited, because this class is like 2-3 times our normal fall pledge class size. Once some seniors graduate in December, we'll have 32 people!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

The semester before I pledged, my big was the only person in the fall pledge class. Then, in 2008, we had a fall pledge class of 10.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! 32 is pretty large for an SAI chapter. Yay for a thriving chapter!

I miss my collegiate days. What Province is your chapter in?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

We're in Beta B.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for induction tonight! I think our PO will be there, too, so it'll be extra meaningful to the new girls.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on the nice class and on having a nicely sized chapter!

We decided to only have spring rush, so we are going to have a few informal rush-ish events this semester such as cupcake making and prefinals hangouts! This was decided because everyone wants to get to know my class (12) better before there are even more new members.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

That makes sense. One thing that helps sisters in my chapter get to know each other better is having lunch groups. Our Sisterhood/Archives chairs put together groups of 4-6 girls that are supposed to hang out (they're just called lunch groups because that's what's most often done) within 2-3 weeks of the groups being put together. The most senior sister in each group is the one who organizes the group's hangout time.

We had our alumnae homecoming breakfast today, and I got to see our regional officer and some other alumnae. Then I had lunch with some sisters, which was relaxing and fun.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I will pass on this idea! I actually am on the social committee. With three chairs and me, I get left out a lot, so that would give me something to do! Still trying to figure out the three chairs thing myself...

Glad to hear everything is going so wonderfully!

I have a really random question now. Does anyone have another piece of jewelry they tend to always wear when they wear their badge? My grandma designed a garnet and gold necklace for me a year ago (my birthstone is the wonderfully red garnet) prior to me even rushing. I tend to wear it with the badge since it reminds me of her (she lives across the country, so I don't see her often), the gold tone is such a close match to the pin, and red is one of the colors. Anyone else have something like this? Random things like this make me smile.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I like to wear my sword of honor and officer dangles with my badge.

When I was in college, I ALWAYS wore my SAI badge any time I wore my Phi Sig badge because I firmly believe that I would not have joined Phi Sig if I hadn't first been SAI. If I was just wearing the SAI badge, I didn't wear the Phi Sig one....but always the SAI if I was also wearing Phi Sig.

Does that make sense?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I always wear my pearls when I wear my badge, single strand, almost a choker but not quite that my parents got me when they were in San Fran.

On another note... I'm going through colony recruitment at my school for a NPC. We find out if we're invited to preference tomorrow, about two hours before the event. So nervous!