GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,659
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, KamCumming
» Online Users: 1,380
1 members and 1,379 guests
Low D Flat

Old 10-13-2011, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
GOOD LUCK!!!

I'm also in an NPC and it has been a wonderful experience as well! It can really enhance your time in SAI!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2011, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I always wear (unless the rules say I can't) wear the ring my dad gave me when the family went to Williamsburg, VA, and this necklace that has a coin with a cross on the front and "Rom 5:8" on the back that my mom gave me to remind me that I am always loved. When I wear all three of these pieces, I just feel all the love from both of my families, my biological one and my SAI sisters.

ETA: I could be in bed right now, since I'm on Fall Break. But nope! I'm sewing 7 sets of letters this weekend in between homework. Probably going to sleep in the next hour or so though.

Last edited by clarinette; 10-14-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to SAIchica! That necklace sounds like it fits perfectly with the badge as well.

To AlwaysSAI, that makes perfect sense. One organization can lead to the other at times. And that is cool!

To Clarinette, I love the associations of the jewelry! I love the idea of your entire family being around you. Now I feel like I need to find something to represent the wonderful trumpet families I have been a member of. And why be in bed doing the whole sleeping thing? Mine also began Wednesday, but I am sitting around researching for a paper.

Thank you for answering my extremely random question. It just hit me yesterday when my necklace went missing and I kept trying to remember when my last pin day so I could retrace my steps. I did find it before posting.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

The sleep was because my eyes were getting really tired. I don't know if you've sewn letters or done anything that's really hands-on and minute like that for a long time, but I thought my eyes were about to fall out of my head.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay SAI! I joined SAI my freshman year and didn't join Kappa by COBs until fall of my junior year. But I love both of them dearly!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Another dual membership! Yay!

I'm also an Alpha Gam who also joined SAI first.

I'm also a member of Phi Sigma Pi. So, really, I'm a triple membership.

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 11-04-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I have never been so upset about losing one of my possessions as I was when I thought my pin was gone for good this weekend. Thanks to a really great person, however, it got turned in to the student union, and I got it back!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^My junior year, I left a Phi Sig chapter meeting in the student union and was headed to an SAI chapter meeting in the music building. I got about half way there and realized my SAI badge was no longer on my shirt. I freaked out, turned around and stared only at the ground while I retraced my steps. My badge was in the gravel by the rawk (a place where student groups advertise). It was undamaged, save the broken clasp that made it fall off in the first place.

I felt especially lucky that it didn't get stepped on, further damaged, or snatched because there was also a probate for a fraternity going on the exact location it fell off.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, the straight pin got bent (I think it might have been stepped on), but one of my sisters fixed it.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

It's been an exciting homecoming week here. The Lambda Pi chapter of SAI got 3rd place in our division for homecoming. Also, yesterday, the Sigma Delta Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha was installed at FAU, now with 3 groups, we can do more activities together!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIchica View Post
Also, yesterday, the Sigma Delta Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha was installed at FAU. . . .
Awesome!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, the Lambda Rho chapter of SAI was installed recently! My chapter president said it was in Virginia, but I don't know the specific school/city.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Pre-Initiation tonight and Initiation tomorrow! Can't wait to see the new girls become initiated and get to wear letters!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been asked to speak about alumnae life at an SAI recruitment event for a local chapter.

It's Wednesday night. Yippee!! I'm giddy with excitement! I've missed my collegiate days.

Oh, and the current chapter President and I sang in Chorale together in HS. Lots of us from the elite group become SAI.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

That's really exciting, AlwaysSAI!