GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,645
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Pinkiepolice
» Online Users: 1,400
4 members and 1,396 guests
babobygooglet93, PrettyBoy

Old 04-17-2023, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Is Troy the FSL advisor at CSUDH now? Asking as my son will start as a transfer student this upcoming fall.
Troy works in the office of Student Life at CSUDH. Not sure of his position (Director, assistant Director?).

They only have one IFC fraternity there, but several Hispanic and NPHC Fraternities and sororities. There is no NPC chapter there at the moment, but I think they would be receptive to expansion.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-17-2023, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Troy works in the office of Student Life at CSUDH. Not sure of his position (Director, assistant Director?).

They only have one IFC fraternity there, but several Hispanic and NPHC Fraternities and sororities. There is no NPC chapter there at the moment, but I think they would be receptive to expansion.
There was a chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma there until it closed in 2018. They were possibly supposed to reopen in 2020, but I suppose covid put a stop to that. One of the founding members of the chapter used to be a member here at GC.

True and Constant
Old 04-18-2023, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
There was a chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma there until it closed in 2018. They were possibly supposed to reopen in 2020, but I suppose covid put a stop to that. One of the founding members of the chapter used to be a member here at GC.
Cal State Dominguez Hills has about 16,000 in enrollment so enough students to have an interest in Greek life. It is more of a commuter school, but so is Cal state LA and they have NPC and IFC chapters. Would love to see Phi Sigma Sigma recolonize or another NPC sorority to charter there. (And no doubt, Troy would help them thrive!)
Old 04-18-2023, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

DU has five expansions planned for the 2023-2024 school year , Villanova, Virginia Tech,University of Washington,UNC -Wilmington and Stockton University. This comes on top of four expansions this year , Oregon St. , University of Tampa,University of Kansas and NC State.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Cal State Dominguez Hills has about 16,000 in enrollment so enough students to have an interest in Greek life. It is more of a commuter school, but so is Cal state LA and they have NPC and IFC chapters. Would love to see Phi Sigma Sigma recolonize or another NPC sorority to charter there. (And no doubt, Troy would help them thrive!)
https://www.csudh.edu/Assets/csudh-s...mpus-facts.pdf

The student demographics indicate that ~66% are latina/o and 11% black. Caucasians (white) are only 6% of the school population. This is one of those campuses where multicultural/latino greek organizations are preferred and will thrive. A NIC (Phi Kap) or NPC organization will have sustainability challenges at this institution. BTW, Phi Kap has been a colony here since 2019.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Kappa Alpha will be colonizing at Pepperdine University in Fall 2023.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrO1J5CPtu2/

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 04-20-2023, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity Inc. has managed to establish a provisional chapter at the University of Texas at Austin and will have its first ever probate there this weekend. I saw a picture of one of the Hermanos there posing alongside the Senoritas of Sigma Lambda Alpha too, I wonder how close the chapter of SLA there will be LUL since they're based on the SLUs, who are basically the sister sorority of LUL. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrFE3..._web_copy_link
Old 04-21-2023, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DovahDuck View Post
La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity Inc. has managed to establish a provisional chapter at the University of Texas at Austin and will have its first ever probate there this weekend. I saw a picture of one of the Hermanos there posing alongside the Senoritas of Sigma Lambda Alpha too, I wonder how close the chapter of SLA there will be LUL since they're based on the SLUs, who are basically the sister sorority of LUL.

Take out the words "managed to". No need to downplay your accomplishments.

La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity Inc. has established a provisional chapter at the University of Texas at Austin.

Felicidades!

True and Constant
Old 04-21-2023, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
3 closures have been announced for Alpha Xi Delta ����
Beta Chapter at Iowa Wesleyan University - the Board of Trustees voted to close the University
Epsilon Xi Chapter at the University of Missouri-St. Louis Iota Sigma Chapter at Virginia Commonwealth University

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 04-24-2023, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Kappa Phi will be colonizing at the University of Illinois in the fall. https://www.instagram.com/pikapp_illinois/

Since 1888

Old 04-24-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirt5721 View Post
3 closures have been announced for Alpha Xi Delta ����
Beta Chapter at Iowa Wesleyan University - the Board of Trustees voted to close the University
Epsilon Xi Chapter at the University of Missouri-St. Louis Iota Sigma Chapter at Virginia Commonwealth University
I had read about Iowa Wesleyan closing and forgot to share it on here. Sorry to hear about all the closings.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-24-2023, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu Delta

Phi Mu Delta fraternity has begun the search for a new national director. Tom Murphy, the current director, retires in June.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmanning View Post
Phi Mu Delta fraternity has begun the search for a new national director. Tom Murphy, the current director, retires in June.
Best of luck. We recently hired a new CEO.

https://www.phikappatau.org/news/202...tau-fraternity
Old 04-25-2023, 08:24 AM

Sigma Chi chartered the associate chapter at the University of Delaware. Congratulations to all the new members.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-26-2023, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Kappa Phi will colonizing at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in the fall. https://www.instagram.com/pikapp_rpi/

Since 1888