GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,261
1 members and 1,260 guests
No Members online

Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

This is why people keep coming to GC for info that is best obtained elsewhere. After all of the smartassy responses GCers will eventually provide the info. Womp womp.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
This is why people keep coming to GC for info that is best obtained elsewhere. After all of the smartassy responses GCers will eventually provide the info. Womp womp.
sorry, runs back to lurkdom...

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
sorry, runs back to lurkdom...
Don't you dare!

I'm lane swerving anyway....
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Don't you dare!

I'm lane swerving anyway....
egh, swerve all you want.

and honestly, the backroom IMO is more fun anyway-- you get the best gossip back there -- and if you are serving food/drinks, you get to sample it. and depending on your role, you don't have to dress up (that might depend on the chapter though)

Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe cuz ur now fat, LOL!!!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM

If you're in nursing school, how do you have time to be an active member anyway? Reasoning is probably that you're not going to be around that much, so having you in the front room to influence rushees' decisions (either positively or negatively) is kind of pointless.

And LOL at the whole concept of this being upsetting. Anyone who would have LOVED to be in the back room (hell, who would have loved to have a back room period) throw your hands in the air and wave 'em like a grizzly bear.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Old Row beat me to it!

^^^

Old 05-17-2012, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe you make really good sandwiches? :-P

I for one thing love being assigned backroom roles. But because of my super OCD personality, I am much better suited for that kind of thing. But I can also switch into Super Rush mode if I need to help out wherever (I just find it quite exhausting, and we already know Recruitment can be SO exhausting)

Perhaps, as ForeverRoses suggested, your Recruitment chairs felt you could excel in such a role.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Hands in the air like I just don't care! One of my best friends was the rush secretary for 3 years. True, she didn't see daylight for about 2 weeks because her office was in a windowless room in the basement, but she was happy and would have not done well on the floor. But in our chapter, we didn't have any spares to hide in the basement. If you do have one of those kinds of roles, you will know A LOT more about what's going on than if you're in the middle of it. I hope to assist with a rush one of these days, and WANT to be down in the cave, or whatever the Southern California version of that is. But I'm an analytical person who enjoys the numbers. Would that possibly describe you?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
But I'm an analytical person who enjoys the numbers. Would that possibly describe you?
YES! Formal Recruitment is amazing for stats lovers hahah
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

We have SO much fun in the back room and all of these posters are right. You will know exactly what is going on from a different point of view. Our Advisors usually get so delirious by about day 2 that we start putting on a comedy show. I never laugh so hard at some of things we come up with to keep ourselves entertained. There is never a shortage of girls that want to be the information chair after hearing about all the antics going on in the back room. Enjoy your time back there!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh and you really get to appreciate being able to sit down/taking your heels off ;-)
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Man, I wish I was in a "real" sorority. The one I pledged, we used a meeting room in the student center. For informal rush, we just took them to Applebee's.

^^^

Last edited by Dionysus; 05-17-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Hands in the air like I just don't care! One of my best friends was the rush secretary for 3 years. True, she didn't see daylight for about 2 weeks because her office was in a windowless room in the basement, but she was happy and would have not done well on the floor. But in our chapter, we didn't have any spares to hide in the basement. If you do have one of those kinds of roles, you will know A LOT more about what's going on than if you're in the middle of it. I hope to assist with a rush one of these days, and WANT to be down in the cave, or whatever the Southern California version of that is. But I'm an analytical person who enjoys the numbers. Would that possibly describe you?

That's another reason to put someone in the back room: you are thinking of her for a leadership position in the chapter (ie. VP-Membership) and want her to understand the nuts and bolts of what it takes to run a recruitment.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
We have SO much fun in the back room and all of these posters are right. You will know exactly what is going on from a different point of view. Our Advisors usually get so delirious by about day 2 that we start putting on a comedy show. I never laugh so hard at some of things we come up with to keep ourselves entertained. There is never a shortage of girls that want to be the information chair after hearing about all the antics going on in the back room. Enjoy your time back there!
this. it's pretty sad when the recruitment chair has to come in and ask the advisors to keep it down because we were getting a bit too slap happy.

With ~150 actives, I can't remember everyone's name or even really meet all the women. But I remember all the actives that worked in the back with me!