GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,109
2 members and 2,107 guests
flamboyanttree, Sen's Revenge

Old 04-12-2003, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sistermadly
I would.. but he's in the kitchen doing dishes!

*cracks whip*
Mine was massaging my shoulders while I chatted here on GC.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-12-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally posted by adduncan
Mine was massaging my shoulders while I chatted here on GC.
Maybe I should pass the whip on to you!
Old 04-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

My original badge: (mine didn't come with a chapter guard)

Here's my current badge -- I have a chapter guard with my chapter letters on it, MT:

Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-12-2003, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm going to upgrade in a few weeks/couple of months. I can't wait! I'm torn between the white gold with pearls and tiffany set CZ...
Sistermadly, you were just initiated recently, why didn't you get the upgraded badge at that time? Just curious.

When I was initiated they did not have my badge ready. They said for AI, they waited until after you were initiated to get yours because of the engraving....so my sponsor let me use her little DG recognition pin (the tiny little anchor badge version).

I got mine last week....
Old 04-12-2003, 10:19 AM

LOL @ adduncan and Sistermadly...

I am so envious of those of you who can get upgraded badges. All AEPhi badges are the same - letters in sequence, 27 pearls, yellow gold. The only choice is whether you get a guard or not.

On the one hand, it's nice to know that I have the exact same badge as all of my sisters... but on the other hand, I would have liked white gold
Old 04-12-2003, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DGMarie
Sistermadly, you were just initiated recently, why didn't you get the upgraded badge at that time? Just curious.
See the "broke azz new member" comment to OohTeenyWahine. At the time, I didn't have the $$ to buy the upgraded pin, but I wanted to make sure I had a pin in time for initiation. I could have waited, but ultimately, I wanted to be pinned with my pin, instead of someone else's.

Representing the 'broke azz alumnae club',
C.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
So funny that you started this thread!

I just sent in my order for my ADPi badge.

When I joined Alpha Delta Pi, I did it as an alumna initiate (all 3 levels of initiation on one day, yikes!), and bought the basic badge because I didn't know how involved I'd be with the sorority and I didn't want to spend more than the $63 for the plain badge if I wasn't going to stay active.

It's now our five year anniversary, and I'm getting out of grad school in May. I still go to campus for Homecoming and Founders' Day, and I'll be joining the Naperville Alumnae Association in August, since I will finally have Tuesday nights free again (yay, no more grad classes!).

So I got the mid-level pin-- alternating synthetic sapphires (points and center stone of sides) and pearls (other two stones per side). I also ordered a plain gold guard, plus went to GiftMart and ordered a webmaster dangle (since I do run the thing...)

It's supposed to be 4-6 weeks... I can't wait! I know it won't be around in time for formal or Founders' Day, but it'll be around for alumnae assoc. stuff in fall and for Homecoming!

Oh, and I am *so* jealous of LXA and other fraternities where the plain badge is available gold-plated for $9 and the crown or jeweled stuff starts around $65.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all have such gorgeous pins!

Tri Delta, like AEPhi, has only one standard version of the pin. While I think it's gorgeous as it is, and it's really cool to know that all Tri Deltas are wearing the same thing . . . I am officially jealous after seeing all the upgraded versions that you guys get.

When I'm a rich old lady, though, I am going to upgrade my current lavalier to something like this:

Although, at $495, it's a little out of my broke-college-student price range.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: OTW's "plain" badge...

When I pledged in the mid-70's, it was common for everyone to start out with the one with all pearls. Of course, my chapter was only 2.5 years old when I pledged, so there wasn't the tradition of going with the plain badge to start off with. Not sure when it switched. (FYI, my pledge trainer only earned 12 pearls so she wanted to make sure we all earned 13 for our badge!)

Something I have noticed, is that none of the collegians (at least GTaus) ever order the chapter guard. Not sure why. I'll have to ask next time I think of it.

Because I got the pearl badge years ago, last year I ordered the plain badge to wear some times.

Side note, after a couple of decades, I finally got another new green jersey with red yellow (gold) green letters outlined in white, GT in white on the sleeve and my name in white on the back. ! The GTaus wear them Bid Day and I was tired of feeling out of place with my other jersey, lol.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Thanks Sistermadly.

I never bought a chapter guard because I thought that they were too expensive. My big sister had a pearl chapter guard that was more money than the badge. I didn't know that they sold less expensive plain gold guards which I would have bought at that time.

Question: where can I buy a chapter guard and dangles. I held a few offices in my chapter.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Since Alpha Sigma Phi prohibits jeweled badges (all badges are the same size (except for the chapter president during the term of his office) and unjeweled), the only option I have is to upgrade my badge from the 'GI issue' Balclad to 10K. (Dunno if they make a 14K, and I doubt I could afford one. )

I could have my chapter guard jeweled but in keeping with the badge being plain, the guard should be plain as well.

The only jeweled badge is the sister pin, worn only by the wives, mothers, sisters or daughters of an Alpha Sig. Basically it's the seven-pointed star of the old Alpha Kappa Pi fraternity with the letters Alpha Sigma Phi and crossed swords replacing it and optional jewels on the gold edge.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 04-12-2003, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream

Question: where can I buy a chapter guard and dangles. I held a few offices in my chapter.
Check with your international HQ, or visit the website for the company that makes the D Phi E badge. I know that Masters of Design includes dangles and chapter guards in the Alpha Phi brochure.

Edited to add: I need sunglasses after seeing that Diamond Delta!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Check with your international HQ, or visit the website for the company that makes the D Phi E badge. I know that Masters of Design includes dangles and chapter guards in the Alpha Phi brochure.

I found it. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I know! That's why I'm going to have to be both rich AND old when I get it -- rich enough to afford it, old enough to get away with wearing something that flashy!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

But it's gorgeous, sugar and spice! I don't think any woman can go wrong with diamonds.