GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576

Old 07-17-2006, 02:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
I wouldn't consider him lame -- however I probably wouldn't date him, because I engage in some of those activities from time to time.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2006, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
Not at all! Please send him over here to me!

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Well at 21 I think it would be fine. If he was significantly older, then it would depend on whether he was a virgin by choice (character) or by default (personality).
Old 07-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

I would think he was gay.

And if any girl tells you it's OK, ask for her picture.

-Rudey
--And that's the best advice you will get.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
Well at 21 I think it would be fine. If he was significantly older, then it would depend on whether he was a virgin by choice (character) or by default (personality).
That's what I meant by my earlier post. Thank you for putting it better than I did.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia
Not at all! Please send him over here to me!
LOL, in the case you hadn't caught on yet, I was talk about myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudey

And if any girl tells you it's OK, ask for her picture
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afboiler
I would never date him....seems like he is too clean-cut for me....I like people can drink responsibly in a social situation and have a good time....I find guys like him do not mix with my social responsibilities of my job
How is it possible to be too clean cut? And just because someone doesn't drink doesn't mean that they don't know how to have a good time...in fact, the fact they don't need anything extra to do so would say a lot. What are the "social responsibilities" of your job?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I know some people's jobs "require" them to host clients in bars/restaurants and if you're not having a beer with them, there's something wrong with that.

Not sure I agree, but I wouldn't be having that job myself.

Some people assume that those who DON'T drink are preachy about it. While I have my own feelings about alcohol, and those who need it to have fun, I pretty much keep it to myself unless asked.

I do think drug use is stupid, though I've seen good arguments for legalization. I've never felt the need to impair myself to either relax or have fun.

There are girls out there, and yes Rudey, attractive girls, who will find you attractive. You may be hanging out with the wrong crowd though...
Old 07-17-2006, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKΨ_BRO@DSU
How is it possible to be too clean cut? And just because someone doesn't drink doesn't mean that they don't know how to have a good time...in fact, the fact they don't need anything extra to do so would say a lot.
Exactly. I've never really been flat out wasted before, I'm only a social drinker, and was a non-drinker up until my early twenties. I am in NO WAY a prude or too clean cut. I'm naturally an unhibited person, I don't need that much booze, if any, to act a fool, be outgoing, or do crazy things. It sucks to be stereotyped as some introverted party-pooper who does nothing but play chess and the violin on your weekend nights.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?

Last edited by Dionysus; 07-17-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Exactly. I've never really been flat out wasted before, I'm only a social drinker, and was a non-drinker up until my early twenties. I am in NO WAY a prude or too clean cut. I'm naturally an unhibited person, I don't need that much booze, if any, to act a fool, be outgoing, or do crazy things. It sucks to be stereotyped as some introverted party-pooper who does nothing but play chess and the violin on your weekend nights.
You do realize that you're the god wine, right?

PSimissU
Old 07-17-2006, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudey

And if any girl tells you it's OK, ask for her picture.

-Rudey
--And that's the best advice you will get.
Oh Rudey - some WOMEN are looking for a man of conviction.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKΨ_BRO@DSU
How is it possible to be too clean cut? And just because someone doesn't drink doesn't mean that they don't know how to have a good time...in fact, the fact they don't need anything extra to do so would say a lot.
You might not have intended it, but this quote reveals a bit of why I personally would never date a guy who didn't drink. There seems to be a little high-and-mighty about the way you say "the fact they don't need anything extra to do so would say a lot." What, exactly, would it say? It seems you're implying that people who drink "need" to do so to have a good time. That in itself comes off as preachy to me.

As for the virgin thing, again, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure some women would appreciate it.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a difference between those who drink socially and have fun, and those who feel they HAVE to drink to have fun... or to meet guys or whatever.

The first is not a problem, and I think most would agree that the second is bad. Not drinking means you're definately NOT in that second category.

I don't consider myself a drinker, though when in Ireland and Italy I had to drink SOMETHING so I drank hard cider in the Irish pubs and red wine (only a little, I hate red wine) in Italy. Heck I even played circle of death with cider.

Non drinkers aren't bad people... nor are we more preachy. How many times have I had to listen to... "You Don't Drink? LOSER!" etc..
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
You might not have intended it, but this quote reveals a bit of why I personally would never date a guy who didn't drink. There seems to be a little high-and-mighty about the way you say "the fact they don't need anything extra to do so would say a lot." What, exactly, would it say? It seems you're implying that people who drink "need" to do so to have a good time. That in itself comes off as preachy to me.

As for the virgin thing, again, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure some women would appreciate it.
Actually that was in respose to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afboiler
I like people can drink responsibly in a social situation and have a good time....I find guys like him do not mix with my social responsibilities of my job
I don't think it makes me high and mighty because I don't drink but I find the purpose of doing so meaningless other than to have a good time. And all I'm saying is that I'm not dependant on alcohol to do so. If it is possible for a person who drinks to have a good time without doing so, then why drink?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

You asked for people's personal opinions, and they're giving them to you, so what's the sense in arguing? If you don't want to hear the opinions, then don't ask

For me, the drug thing- well, that's a plus, as I think it would be for the majority of women.

The drinking- no so much a plus. I myself am not a big drinker, I have a few when I go out but I can't even remember the last time I was "drunk". However, nondrinkers (as a whole, because each person can of course be different) kind of bother me usually because they can tend to lecture, make fun of, or just be somewhat of an inconvenience. I don't want to be made to feel bad because i'm getting a drink with dinner. One of my best friends doesn't drink, but it's not an issue there. But then I went out on a few dates with a guy who was a nondrinker, and he was a pain in the ass.

The virgin- sorry, not for me and not for a lot of women this day and age. If it works for you, great, but it's a turn off to many women. I'm not going to judge your values, but can only say that it would be a turn off to me personally.

It's funny, because the guy who was also a nondrinker ended up also being a virgin (declared waiting for marriage- he was 26 when we went out), and was really preachy.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

My intent isn't to argue but just to see where people with an alternative perspective are coming from. Plus, I was accused of sounding high and might and was simply explaining that I wasn't. Question to you: Why is the virgin thing a turn off?