GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,647
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Rachiokzo
» Online Users: 1,118
0 members and 1,118 guests
No Members online

Old 10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

MTSU is not incredibly competitive. Be careful there though. The crime rate on and around campus seems to have shot up recently.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

MTSU has grown considerably in recent years and now has well over 25,000 students. They have been working on construction projects to catch up. It is a good school though. A few friends' children go there as well as friends of my own children. They all like it, though. It now has more students than University of Tennessee but Greek Life is not as huge.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithLove View Post
Thank you for your insight! You actually gave me advice that should help me narrow down my choices I never thought about the "type" of college I wanted to attend I was going more off of my major only but after researching a little more into what you said you are completely right. A commuter school that is diverse is the type of college I should looking into.

University of Toledo
Youngstown State University
UNLV
U of Louisville
GSU

Are the def Universities that I have started to Apply to . Hopefully I can find my home away from home there !
You SHOULD BE looking in to the school that gives you, first and foremost, what you need for your major and once you narrow those down, where you feel the most comfortable. DON'T feel like you have to confine yourself to commuter schools if you don't want that environment. Greek life should be something you think about after you choose your school based on those two things, not before. You are there for an education. If you find a school that has the perfect program for your major and that is the perfect environment - but the Greek life sucks - that is NOT a reason not to choose that school.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You SHOULD BE looking in to the school that gives you, first and foremost, what you need for your major and once you narrow those down, where you feel the most comfortable. DON'T feel like you have to confine yourself to commuter schools if you don't want that environment. Greek life should be something you think about after you choose your school based on those two things, not before. You are there for an education. If you find a school that has the perfect program for your major and that is the perfect environment - but the Greek life sucks - that is NOT a reason not to choose that school.
I'm Not choosing a School based off there greek life if it is good or bad but I do want to make sure that I choose a college that is completely for me major wise, and transfer "friendly".

Thank you to all the ladies that replied to my post I really absorbed your input!