GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,701
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, zadisonjnr5478
» Online Users: 748
1 members and 747 guests
g41965

Old 08-15-2003, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
. I know that Phi Mu left the campus in 2001 or 2002, and Delta Zeta left this year. This would lead me to believe that their numbers are decreasing, but like I said, I don't have any complete information. It's really sad that DZ left... their house was so new and beautiful! There is tons of information on recruitment on their Panhellenic website, so that's definitely helpful.
I didn't realize that DZ had left. That really sucks. I don't know what their numbers were like but the girl I knew there was really cool.

They do have a great recruitment website. They even have the statistics from their rush for the past 10 years. They seem to usually pledge around 70% of women or more.

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 08-15-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2003, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Just now looking at the sorority's websites, I realized that another girl I went to high school with is now the president of Zeta Tau Alpha... how very cool!

Edit: Yeah, it was sad. I went to church in my hometown with a DZ, and she is the one who invited me to all of the COB parties. They were really great girls, a little more "down to earth" than your typical Carolina sorority girl.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for your responses! This is the insight that can be very helpful.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
TarHeelGirl, it seems that you have a great attitude towards rush! I'm really excited to have a PNM going through at Carolina (although I am a Tar Heel born and bred, I go to school in Virginia)! Keep your great enthusiasm and outlook and be sure to keep us updated!
Old 08-16-2003, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooooooh yes, PLEASE PLEASE give us a complete rush story. I'd love to hear it! You know that we all wish you the best of luck!
Old 08-16-2003, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

all the best. have a blast and keep your heart open.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

It's my understanding that Chapel Hill makes a real effort to make sure that girls do not go bidless, if they don't drop out before pref. Good luck to you TarHeelGirl!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

[post deleted for privacy reasons]

Last edited by TarHeelGirl; 08-11-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
There are so many chapters at UNC to chose from. Where are you from in NC and what frat is your boyfriend in? I am an Alpha Phi at NCSU this year. I also have a lot of friends rushing this year at UNC (both frat and sorority) Do you know which dorm you are in?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

TarHeelGirl--rush starts tomorrow!! What's up??

GO HEELS!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
EVEN THOUGH my blood runs Wolf Pack red and white, I guess I will wish TarHeelGirl lucks out of neighborly love!!

Just kidding girl! Best of luck druing recruitment! Can't wait to hear about it!!
Old 08-26-2003, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

hey ladies! just wanted to let you all know that,yes, i am alive and well and moved in and having a blast, but i'm not going to post a rush thread (sorry, addicts!!!)...i don't want to have to worry about saying the wrong thing because this is looking really exciting and I don't want to damage my chances. But i PROMISE i will let you know where i end up!! thanks for the good wishes!

~TarHeelGirl~

Last edited by TarHeelGirl; 01-12-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
AWW I wish we would have a rush thread but its ok Good Luck with everything and dont forget to let us know how it all ends up

Nichole
Old 08-29-2003, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
TarHeelGirl,

Best of luck with recruitment.....I know how it is to not be the "typical" sorority girl, and looking for the bonds of sisterhood as a home away from home ~ I went to a university 2000 miles away from where I was from, and without my sorority sisters (and friends I made in the other sororities) I wouldn't have survived the four years at my school. Here's hoping that you find the perfect home for you, and we all look forward to calling you a Greek sister!

polarpi
Old 09-01-2003, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

hi everyone! i've only been through the first round of parties because, as BrownEyedGirl said, they had to break rush up over labor day weekend - however, i am SO excited about skit round! the girls have been so nice and i have had an awesome time. Today i find out which houses I got invited back to! and as far as the football game went - i did try to enjoy myself, but it's hard when your team is getting beat 37-0!!

i'll keep you all updated when things progress a little further, but i just wanted you all to know that i am loving it!

~TarHeelGirl~

Last edited by TarHeelGirl; 01-12-2004 at 10:41 PM.