GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,646
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, zalexitt5041
» Online Users: 1,331
1 members and 1,330 guests
SigmaChiCard

Old 10-14-2008, 06:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERTEKE View Post
Lettered 'football jerseys' like this.

And us and PiKapp have polos with our letters/symbol on it. (We have the triangles and they have starshield).

But the jersey thing is big here.
My husband's chapter wears those too. I just bought him a new one to wear at TKE events when he goes back as an alum since his old jersey (which looked almost identical) was from his Freshman year. It's nice to see all the brothers from different generations in them at homecoming.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
My chapter had the baseball jackets back in the mid 80's. They were YELLOW with red writing. Alpha Gamma Delta in script on the back. Our first names were embroidered on the front upper left. I still have mine Tri-Sigma had dark purple with white writing, Alpha Xi Delta had dark blue with gold writing, Sigma Kappa had Maroon with white writing. Lambda Chi were green with yellow, TKE was red with grey, Delt Sig were green with white, Theta Chi were red and white as were Phi Sigma Epsilon/Kappa (they merged while I was in school)... it was cool because, for the women anyway, you knew who was walking down the street from a distance.

A few years after I graduated, they moved to the pullover windbreakers that were popular at the time.
Our campus had them too for all Greeks too. ASAs wore white with red, yellow and white cuffs and bottom. It has 6" letters on the back with our nicknames stitched under the collar. We put our chapter on one arm and pledge class on the other. Our name went on the front and of course it was decorated with all sorts of pins!-such as I<3 XYZ fraternity pins. I still have mine.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
Our campus had them too for all Greeks too. ASAs wore white with red, yellow and white cuffs and bottom. It has 6" letters on the back with our nicknames stitched under the collar. We put our chapter on one arm and pledge class on the other. Our name went on the front and of course it was decorated with all sorts of pins!-such as I<3 XYZ fraternity pins. I still have mine.
Everyone did them on my campus, too, until we switched to the pullover and I'm thinking some of the other groups have, too, different colors and whatnot although both the ASAs and AGDs had white jackets - theirs with red and white trim and ours with red, yellow, and green trim.

Phi Sigs were Yellow, ASTs were Green, TKEs were red, APDs were Purple as were Sigmas, ZBTs were Blue, Delta Chis were Black and the only group that didn't do the baseball jacket thing was Pikes (unless I'm forgetting) - I think they had maroon letterman jackets.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERTEKE View Post
I'm sorry my campus isn't full of fratastic fratstars with a 5 star frat-rating.

We call can't be you, EW.
Ignore him. Apparently his school doesn't do it so he feels it is okay to bother you since yours does. We like our jerseys because that's what the campus does. You don't have to like it EW, you don't go there. Thank god!
I love how each campus has their own rich history in Greek life and their "gear".