GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,649
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, ilovepuchi
» Online Users: 1,414
0 members and 1,414 guests
No Members online
View Poll Results: Learning BGLO chants and steps beforehand is...
...a good idea if you know you're going to do it. Just keep it to yourself! 2 18.18%
...cheating, and disrespectful (elaborate on the disrespect) 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
Hehe, I knew we would get an interesting thread out of this one when she told MysticCat to "chill"

Food for thought: don't learn chants, etc. of an organization THAT YOU DON'T BELONG TO (and likely will not ever belong to with such an attitude)
Honestly, she/he can learn whatever public info she/he chooses to learn on his/her own time. He/she probably won't be running around using these strolls, chants, steps, etc. because there's no venue conducive to that.

JustThinking is just trying to rile feathers. He/she already knows the answer to all of these threads and posts.

He/she also knows that there are tons of people who chose to learn chants, steps, etc. and are STILL only aspirants 20 years later. It is what it is.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I voted for the option that's basically "don't do it."

There are just better things to do with one's time. They could ban stepping and step shows TOMORROW and learning an organization's steps would be for naught, even if you did make it.

No matter how MIP or pledging changes over the years, history is history, and I would never fault someone for wanting to learn it.

But the cultural aspects of BGLOs.... nah, just let that be the "cool" parts of making it, if you make it.
Since you are scared to, I do.

^^^ That's JustThinking's signature. Stop giving serious, well-thought answers to this username. LOL.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't get to be mature at work today, so I have to have that outlet someplace!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Honestly, she/he can learn whatever public info she/he chooses to learn on his/her own time. He/she probably won't be running around using these strolls, chants, steps, etc. because there's no venue conducive to that.

JustThinking is just trying to rile feathers. He/she already knows the answer to all of these threads and posts.

He/she also knows that there are tons of people who chose to learn chants, steps, etc. and are STILL only aspirants 20 years later. It is what it is.
I like your answer. I think it was the answer that based my argument FOR pre-learning on. I also like the last part, too. I feel that if you know it, it won't hurt you, and if you don't make it, oh well. But I'm not trying to "rile feathers." I would hope no on on here has any.

And I know you like that signature. Stop hatin'.

"I think it's really sad when people try to elevate these things beyond GC and into real life."
~ SenusretI

(This also applies to people who form real opinions and emotions regarding usernames.)

^^^
I didn't realize you had so many groupies, Senuset I! He's all yours, Phillip! :-)

Last edited by JustThinking; 06-24-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know, Dr. Phil, I don't think Just Thinking has done anything too too heinous as not to deserve a polite answer. I'm not endorsing her or anything, just trying to be courteous...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThinking View Post
I like your answer. I think it was the answer that based my argument FOR pre-learning on. I also like the last part, too. I feel that if you know it, it won't hurt you, and if you don't make it, oh well. But I'm not trying to "rile feathers." I would hope no on on here has any.

And I know you like that signature. Stop hatin'.
Have fun.

You could be a 90 year old man named Bruce Leroy, so do whatever makes your toes curl.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
I don't know, Dr. Phil, I don't think Just Thinking has done anything too too heinous as not to deserve a polite answer. I'm not endorsing her or anything, just trying to be courteous...
So?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm just saying that I don't really have any reason to believe ill of her (or him/her if you prefer) so I'm just putting my opinion out there just like everyone else on GC.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Banned

uh...congrats?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
It seems as if Masons and OES are the only orgs who do not jump on the pedestal and belittle prospective members.
LOL. You definitely have limited interactions with Masons and OES members then.

You're clearly trying to pick a bone and prove a point that most of us don't give a damn about. Find a site with young members who would care about your opinion. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL. You definitely have limited interactions with Masons and OES members then.

You're clearly trying to pick a bone and prove a point that most of us don't give a damn about. Find a site with young members who would care about your opinion. Good luck.

My whole fam is consistent of FMs/Stars. And I didn't ask you to comment. If you want to waste your life commenting on things you don't "give a damn about," blow me and keep it moving. Simple as that.

Last edited by JustThinking; 06-24-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: First one was way too respectful for this piece o' ...
Old 06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Since you are scared to, I do.

^^^ That's JustThinking's signature. Stop giving serious, well-thought answers to this username. LOL.
I am so incredibly happy someone pointed this out. Reading that signature made my head hurt.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
My whole fam is consistent of FMs/Stars.
So?

Quote:
And I didn't ask you to comment.
So?

Quote:
If you want to waste your life commenting on things you don't "give a damn about," blow me and keep it moving. Simple as that.
Blow yourself while you learn some chants and steps.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I am so incredibly happy someone pointed this out. Reading that signature made my head hurt.
LOL. He/she thinks he/she is here to tell us the error of our ways. Nothing groundbreaking or longlasting there.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:06 AM

Johnny Boy loves this thread