GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,637
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, bvelesymaarey20
» Online Users: 982
0 members and 982 guests
No Members online

Old 02-13-2003, 06:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
The Symphony of Alpha Xi Delta:

These things do we earnestly desire:

A clear vision of life, that with gracious and kindly hearts we may share in both joy and sorrow, and bring into the living reality the sisterhood of women.

An appreciation of real merit and worth; steadfastness of soul, and that without bitterness or defeat we may encounter misfortune, and with humility meet success.

These things O lord help us to instill within our hearts, that we may grow in courage, graciousness and peace.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-13-2003, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Beta does not have what I would typically call a creed like other organizations do. It is not something that I think most chapters require new members to learn or remember, nor does it have quite the poetic nature of some of those that are listed here. But I'll give the Objects of the Fraternity (from the document of incorporation).

The Objects of Beta Theta Pi:

Beta Theta Pi is formed for the purpose of the promotion of the moral and social culture of its members; the establishment of confidence and friendly relations between students of various colleges and universities; and the perpetuation of a fraternity that recognizes mutual assistance in the honorable labors and aspirations of life, unsullied friendship, unfaltering fideltity and the cultivation of the intellect as objects worthy of the highest aim and purposes of associated efforts.

If you'd like to see the Men of Principle Initiative Mission Statement and Vision Statement then go here
Old 02-13-2003, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
The Creed of Phi Beta Fraternity

We, the members of Phi Beta National Professional Fraternity for the Creative and Performing Arts, express reverence and love for these, the beautiful teachings of our fraternity. Our belief is that they will carry us to the final attainment of a life well lived and a goal honorably achieved.

To promote the best in the creative and performing arts. We believe that it is given to each of us to be creative. All talents we possess have been given us that we may develop and use them for the preservation of the highest artistic standards.

To live a life of service. There is great joy from working zealously at a genuinely worthwhile task. What we put into life-just that much is returned to us, and no more.

To seek and develop the highest type of humanity. Herein we strive to look for the outward qualities which are the reflection of inner beauty, to keep constantly before us the attributes of love and sincerity, and to hold fast to Truth and the beautiful things of Life.

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 02-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Sigma Nu and Phi Mu creeds very similar...

Is it just coincidence or is there something to it?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 02-13-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I think there's somethign to it, but I don't remember... but anyways

Sigma Nu + Phi Mu = LOVE HONOR TRUTH!!!!

KLTC
Old 02-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
I think there's somethign to it, but I don't remember... but anyways

Sigma Nu + Phi Mu = LOVE HONOR TRUTH!!!!
If anyone could fill me in on that one I'd be really interested.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 02-14-2003, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aufocus1
I believe in Theta Chi its traditions and its ideals. Born of sturdy manhood, nurtured by resolute men, enobled by high and sacred purpose; it has taken its place among the education institutions of america as a promoter of knowledge, an advancer of culture, and a builder of character.
It ispires true friendship, teaches: Truth, Temperance, and Tolerance. Extoles virtue, exacts harmony, and extends a helping hand to all who seek it.
I believe in the primacy of alma mater, in the usefulness of my fraternity, in its influence and its accomplishments. And I shall do all in my power to perpetuate its ideals, thereby serving my god, my country, and my fellow man.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sigma Nu and Phi Mu creeds very similar...

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Is it just coincidence or is there something to it?

Don't know about Phi Mu, but you should be checking with Alpha Xi Delta since Sigma Nu was instrumental in their founding in 1893 and they pulled things from the Sigma Nus!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I've also always wanted to know about the similarities of Sigma Nu and Phi Mu... Does anyone know?

On a side note, we are paired with Sigma Nu for Greek Week and we couldn't be more excited! We can exemplify Love, Honor, Truth while we kick some tail! hehe
Old 02-14-2003, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma's Philosophy

Delta Gamma offers to women of all ages a rich heritage; continuity based on sound and tested principals of personal integrity, personal responsibility and intellectual honesty. Delta Gamma's primary purpose is to create an environment for its members in which lasting friendships are established and in which members find the processes, the experiences and the disciplines that will stimulate clear thought. Its aim is to foster an atmosphere in which women will develop a deeper love and consideration for mankind, a more profound understanding of the purpose of life and a basic wisdom upon which to build their lives.
Delta Gamma's purpose is accomplished through planned collegiate and alumnae programs that provide intellectual motivation, the opportunity for graciousness in daily living, and community awareness which will enrich the lives of members and instill in them a respect for the enduring values to be gained from the Fraternity.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
I've also always wanted to know about the similarities of Sigma Nu and Phi Mu... Does anyone know?

On a side note, we are paired with Sigma Nu for Greek Week and we couldn't be more excited! We can exemplify Love, Honor, Truth while we kick some tail! hehe

YAY! We are paired with the hotties from Sigma Nu for greek week as well! How cool! Delta Sigma Phi is our other partner and we could not be MORE excited!!!

Anyway, as for the creeds of us and Sigma Nu, I always wondered this as well....anyone know??
Old 02-14-2003, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

The Chi Omega Symphony

The symphony is so pretty!!!! I love it. However, I have such a hard time remembering the whole thing off the top of my head, and inveitably I start saying the Girl Scout Law. ha ha ha
-M
Old 02-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

I have a framed copy of our creed among my other "awards":

The Creed of Alpha Delta Pi

I BELIEVE in Alpha Delta Pi. I BELIEVE that my sorority is more than a ritual or a symbol; that it is a way of life. I BELIEVE that the principles established by our founders in 1851 are enduring attributes, exemplifying the highest ideals of Christian womanhood. I BELIEVE that our motto “We Live For Each Other,” expresses the true spirit of fraternity; and that by living this motto my life will be enriched by true friendships and by unselfish service to mankind. I BELIEVE that the privilege of membership in Alpha Delta Pi brings the responsibility to do my best in whatever I undertake, always remembering that leadership requires confidence tempered with humility and courage blended with tolerance. I BELIEVE that I must strive to become a well-balanced person by following the dictates of the four points symbolized by our diamond-shaped badge: first, strengthening my own character and personality; second, watching my attitudes toward my fellow-beings; third, recognizing the value of high educational standards; and fourth, developing faith and loyalty. I BELIEVE that these four guide-posts, guarded by the stars and friendly hands clasped in the Adelphean bonds of fellowship, will lead me to achieve a rich and useful life.

-Caralee Strock Stanard

I believe!

honeychile
Old 02-16-2003, 01:21 PM
hendrixski

my pledge class motto was "Absolut Greek"

Kappa Delta Rho's open motto is "Honor Super Omnia" or honor above all things.

and all the other things are too long to copy

My personal motto "Can't spell drunk without KDR!!!" woo