GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Chi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,175
0 members and 1,175 guests
No Members online

Old 05-31-2008, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

The Sigma Chi ritual [link deleted] found online looks to be pretty realistic, which is unfortunate. I know in situations like this most people like to say sarcastically things like that is a joke or that's not real, but the truth is it probably is. I mean reading the guys reasoning for the site is a very common reasoning for people to turn on their fraternities which is unfortunate. Nearly every fraternity at some point has had their ritual shared, but the extent in which the Sigma Chi one has been shared is pretty sad.

Last edited by SAEalumnus; 06-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-01-2008, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I do NOT know Sigma Chi ritual. I am familiar, however, with the fraternity's published histories and other materials. I find it difficult to believe that a group that otherwise communicates with educated, elevated language would have a ritual that is ( according to the material on the "anti" site ) so poorly written. It reads like something an 8th grader would write. I taught 8th grade English for years, so I know of whence I speak. I am not the betting type, but I'd bet big bucks that Mr. Anti has it wrong.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappasigutc View Post
The Sigma Chi ritual [link deleted] found online looks to be pretty realistic, which is unfortunate. I know in situations like this most people like to say sarcastically things like that is a joke or that's not real, but the truth is it probably is. I mean reading the guys reasoning for the site is a very common reasoning for people to turn on their fraternities which is unfortunate. Nearly every fraternity at some point has had their ritual shared, but the extent in which the Sigma Chi one has been shared is pretty sad.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Just for grins, I've downloaded and read some of the purported Sigma Chi rituals. They are laughable.

The idea that some disgrunted active could get his hands on a copy of the ritual, just lying around, and scan it is ludicrous. I'm not going to say it couldn't happen, but that it is very, very, very unlikely.

I believe this is why Time Magazine is purported to have printed something to the effect that the Sigma Chi ritual was the second most closely guarded non-governmental secret, behind the formula for Coca-Cola (haven't ever verified that, but even if it's not true, it's a great legend).
Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur View Post
I believe this is why Time Magazine is purported to have printed something to the effect that the Sigma Chi ritual was the second most closely guarded non-governmental secret, behind the formula for Coca-Cola (haven't ever verified that, but even if it's not true, it's a great legend).
You even have to wonder if it's true?

It's really not a great legend; it's a pretty silly legend that makes those who repeat it appear ignorant.

Last edited by MysticCat; 08-11-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah the anti sigma chi website is totally bogus
Old 01-02-2009, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

So you found our 'ritual' good work, but- it is probably fake. Along with thousands of other theories on what the sigma chi rituals is. The truth is that there are so many versions of our ritual open to the public, no one who has not gone through the actual ritualistic experience would know if it is real or not. When I was the pledge I did research on the ritual and found a lot of websites. I thought for sure I had it figured out and come initiation, I was completely wrong.

The Ritual is so private because there has been so many people claiming they know it, and non sigs could never distinguish real from fake. It's one of those mysteries that can only be solved one way. And that's being a Sig.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Ignorance is MysticCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
You even have to wonder if it's true?

It's really not a great legend; it's a pretty silly legend that makes those who repeat it appear ignorant.
Funny... calling people ignorant for repeating something they HAVE looked into while in every post you have made you ask for other people's sources... LOOK THEM UP YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

IN HOC Gentlemen
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

This is a really sad post to read. This is Greek Chat meaning most of us should be Greek. We all have our own Rituals and we should be content with them. It's sad that you're not satisfied with your Ritual so you have to look someone else's up. Read your ritual, live it and love it the way your founders wanted you to and mine wanted me to. I have my Ritual and it's all i want or need, I have never and will never look up another Ritual because it means nothing to me.

In regards to all this other stuff, no matter how much you search and look you'll never know the true SIGMA CHI Ritual. It's safe with true SIGMA CHI's, in our minds and in our hearts, the same place your ritual should be with you.

IN HOC
Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Fraternity Rituals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Hmmm

I happen to have come into possesion of the Sigma Chi (s)Ritual and therefore it's whereabouts on the internet. I have no doubts that it is genuine, it is 136 pages or so in length and very expansive and in depth. I have not read it, merely sifted through to check if genuine.

The thing is, I wasn't even really looking for it - I'm a bit of a new found conspiracy theorist and happened to start reading about the Sigma Chi and it's history, only recently.

Anyway, I digress. I don't know what to do - the ritual was hard to find, but if you know how to work the internet, it can be easy enough to come by.

What do I do, if anything?

p.s. I am not a member of any 'club', merely a hobby researcher
What you have found may or may not be the genuine article. Now that we are in the digital age and Rituals of any and all Fraternal organizations are subject to being posted there are a few things to consider regarding the authenticity. First and foremost if you are not a Sigma Chi you can not be absolutely sure that what you have found is the genuine article. Sending a Fraternity's Ritual to the National Organization's headquarters will result in nothing happening, not even a return email in appreciation of your efforts - why? responding to such an email would instantly confirm that you have in fact found the genuine article. No response leaves that in doubt. Another interesting fact that I have discovered is that most fraternal organizations have now made certain that a "dummy version" of their ritual is on line. That is correct - a decoy so to speak. The reason is simple - if there are two documents that are different yet both purported to be the genuine ritual of a Fraternal Organization then again doubt is created.

Last edited by Taggy80; 12-21-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word
Old 12-21-2009, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

The person you're responding to hasn't posted in 3+ years.

And really . . . "most" organizations have made certian that ritual decoys on the net. Like I've said before, I'm skeptical of that claim.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't see why a National org would waste their time making a fake ritual. That doesn't really accomplish too much of anything.. And if it's a Fraternity like SigEp, we have like 4 different major private rituals. Whether there's a decoy up or not, people are still going to find the real one that is up and they're going to read that and they're going to take from that whatever they please. If both the decoy and real are found, so what? They'll read them both and, again, take from it what they please.

I always find it weird, though, that whenever Sigma Chi gets mentioned, it seems like 40 of them come out of nowhere to post once and then disappear. It's interesting lol
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
I always find it weird, though, that whenever Sigma Chi gets mentioned, it seems like 40 of them come out of nowhere to post once and then disappear. It's interesting lol
Sigs are everywhere.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

yes we are. it is nice to see all the sigs on here. and i find it funny myself to hear these accounts that our real ritual is out there. no matter, the understanding of it will be within our hearts and no one elses
Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 AM
GreekChat Member

its unfortunate that stuff is getting out online, who knows if its true or not.