GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 706
0 members and 706 guests
No Members online

Old 09-03-2004, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Trancending, what is that?

I know what Bill is refering to at LXA G A. Many more "Young" than "Old" there, but we all had a common thread.

When I go back to functions, I do not think of the age difference, but, I am sure some do.

At GA, I am sure that was on the mind of many, but not mine. I looked at lifesaver sitting next to me, or crmdogg in front of me or many others not in age but what they were doing and how they were handling themselves. God, was it amazing!

Maybe age should be the other non item, but the million dollar idea would be the thread of Brother/Sisterhood regardless of the age difference.

Generation gap of social gatherings, would be maybe because of where certain people are. Alums in an area not in the local Chapter Area.

The Chapter Actives live with each other and see each other daily.

That to me is the main difference.

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 09-03-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2004, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the age factor is relevant at some events and not at others...in my chapter there's definitely a divide because the alums who come back for events are a few years out, like myself, or 20+ years out. At Homecoming some of us want to go on a pub crawl and others want to talk about the best public school in Madison to send their kids to. Sure, we're all sisters, but I'd rather be dancing with my sisters who are still single and in graduate school or just starting a job than drinking wine and discussing daycare.

I think age differences matter less at Convention. We had a lot of GC Gamma Phis at Convention (myself, kk_gphib_01, GammaPhiBabe, GPhiBLtColonel, navane), but that was very Gamma Phi specific programming, as opposed to a Homecoming event.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

G P, granted, there is an age and relevancy difference but maybe not for some, me being one.

Granted, all of the Alums are of legal pub crawling age, but say a structured weekend would be different.

I always go down for events for a two fold purpose, work and see the Active Chapter and see some of the older Alums from years back.

Oh yes, sometimes it is good to get away from the kids and just be with the oldersters to be calm and talk about the good old days.

I have talked about many with a lot of the Brothers!

LX Z # 1
Alumni