GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,264
3 members and 2,261 guests
FSUZeta, PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^
lol--honestly, I scanned it using the tabs across the top.
I was trying to ask my question in an unbiased way instead of the way I was really thinking it.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

HI

IM JASON YOOOO ZZZZ I BECAME A KNIGHT O5 AT TUSKEGGEE UNIVERSITY LINENAME DOOMSDAY
Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMami0286 View Post
I'm curious about the same thing. Is this mainly social? Are you (re)forming to assist Zetas in their thrusts and programs? What sort of programs have you assisted with? What do you do?

I don't understand the point behind (re)forming this organization. I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, but none of the information presented describes any of this! Everything's incredibly vague. (Yes, I noted the "Coming Soon" blurb), but what is the organization's mission and goal?
To answer yours and IlovemyAKA's questions Zeta Knights used to be an auxiliary of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated. After the NPHC disbanded these organizations alot of them picked up the pieces and moved on. Thus why you see them today. Zeta Knights are men organized together to obtain the objectives of Scholarship, Service, Loyalty, and Finer Brotherhood. No we are not only a social organization and we sponsor service events as well such as the K.N.I.G.H.T. W.A.T.C.H. (Kids needing intelligent, gentlemen to help them wash away this crime and hate.) program which we participate in spreading the word on Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness. We also have different community service events throughout the year from makin easter gifts for children in the hostpital, donating gifts at Christmas, park and highway cleanups etc. The purpose for reconstruction is because after the incorporation we are trying to bring everyone under the same roof and spread the word, cause there are many Knights out there. Even though our organization might not make sense or mean much to others to us we take pride in it thus why we won't let it die! YOO-Z!!
Zophisticated Beta Chapter

http://zpk1940.com
Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Knowledge1913 View Post
LMAO! I hope that others don't decide to incorporate (those that already haven't).
Well, you should probably in your spare time google or utilize the yahoo search engine. To search for Delta Beaux and see that they too are incoporated and were one of the first auxiliary orgs to apply for an incorporation after being disbanded in the 1990's. In fact I will post it on here in your Honor!
"Ezzence of Blue"
Blue Exctasy -Ace-
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Knowledge1913 View Post
LMAO! I hope that others don't decide to incorporate (those that already haven't).
The Fraternal Order of Beaux, Incorporated has come a long way since 1959. Founded on the principle of Academics Awareness, Ethical Standards, Unity, Fellowship and Leadership, Beaux Inc. has broken new grounds by becoming the first traditional Non-Greek organization to completely sever ties with its parent group and become and incorporated entity under a unified region.
Formally known as Delta Beaux, the order was founded in the Spring of 1959, at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Led by the Most Honorable Samuel Carter Watson, Delta Beaux was started as an assisting group to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated. With the assistance of the Most Honorable: Moses Boyd, Oliver Lynn Jones, William Christopher Miller and Kenneth Bernard Washington, Watson created the dynamic organization of Delta Beaux.
The organization and the principles quickly spread. By 1974, the organization had branched out into the South, chartering on such campuses as Albany State University in Albany, Georgia, Savannah State University, Georgia, Morris Brown University in Atlanta, Georgia, and Fort Valley State University in Fort Valley, Georgia. By the mid 1980's the organization had spread to such states as Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and Ohio.
In 1989, the Nation Pan-Hellenic Council passed a ruling that prohibited Greek fraternities and sororities from having auxiliary organizations. Capitalizing on the ruling, Delta Beaux quickly change their name to Beaux and applied for incorporation in the eastern US region of the United States. In 1990, the organization officially severed ties with their parent organization, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., and became a self-sufficient entity. On April 20, 1993, Beaux became and incorporated entity, falling under it's regional headquarters of Valdosta State University in Valdosta, Georgia. Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated seem to welcome this charge, and although separated, the two organizations share remains today
"Ezzence of Blue"
Blue Exctasy -Ace-
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zki40 View Post
Well, you should probably in your spare time google or utilize the yahoo search engine. To search for Delta Beaux and see that they too are incoporated and were one of the first auxiliary orgs to apply for an incorporation after being disbanded in the 1990's. In fact I will post it on here in your Honor!
Why is this kid trying to raise up on people? LOL You clearly missed the "those that already haven't" part of her response...

I guess every member of ZKI is going to join GC so that they can all join in this conversation.

Unfortunately, TenaciousKnight is the only one with any kind of sense...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

But the gotcha gotcha?

Delta Beaux doesn't exist anymore.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Zoinks!

I was gonna bring up GBX, but...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Zoinks!

I was gonna bring up GBX, but...
Don't do it. You know they're like Beetlejuice.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Don't do it. You know they're like Beetlejuice.
True.

I still chuckle at that damn thread. Which reminds me, I need to go do the Lambada with my Goya Phi Goya brethren.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope more ZKI members do join but only because we are trying to spread the word and let others know we are here. No disrespect to anyone we just want our place in society as well. Thanks everyone for your input its good to be able to answer your questions maybe that speed to movement.
Zophisticated Beta Chapter

http://zpk1940.com
Old 04-02-2009, 05:40 AM
GreekChat Member

ZETA KNIGHTS INC.

Hello all my bruhs of ZETA KNIGHT INC. I'm so proud of the incorporation it's a honor to go down as one of the six incorporators. We are going and climbing. We have to stand tall as a newly incorporated org. Of course people are going to have there different opinions about us. Both negative and positive. Once people see we are here stay and we actually uphold all are principals then the respect will come around and recognition. Spread the word so more people can join.

"Commited To Quality In Every Detail"

YOOOOOOOOO Z!

Alpha Chapter
2nd Vice President
Fall 2k8
DraZtic MeaZures
UndereZtimated -Ace-

Last edited by zetaknightinc.; 04-02-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
But the gotcha gotcha?

Delta Beaux doesn't exist anymore.
I am aware that Delta Beaux doesnt exist anymore, and you should be too if you could read. It states very clearly at the top of the passage "The Fraternal Order of Beaux, Incorporated has come a long way since 1959."
"Ezzence of Blue"
Blue Exctasy -Ace-
Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

No.

The Fraternal Order of Beaux, Incorporated doesn't exist any more either.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

BTW, I accept your apology.
Closed Thread