GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,613
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Flukenhb
» Online Users: 2,456
1 members and 2,455 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 12-19-2001, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
My black purse is from Target.
I like it a lot.
If it gets dirty, toss it.

That is my little cheap purse haiku! Like it? I only get cheap purses because I have a bad track record of spilling stuff, losing the purse, throwing it around, putting it down into something gross...etc. For instance: I got a brand new purse at the beginning of the semester and less than a week after I got it I went to New Orleans (I'm in band, and we had a football game nearby) and when we were riding the drunkie bus home from the French Quarter, this big tuba player chunked all over my freaking purse...Good thing it was less than 30 bucks...Anyway, I search high and low for cute purses that are dirt cheap.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-19-2001, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Oh yeah, I forgot...AND all over my black leather going-out-boots...you know the ones I am talking about. Those by the way were not cheap, and necessitated a recovery mission!
Old 12-19-2001, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

ok what happened to Liz Claiborne??? In my closet I have about 5 Liz Claiborne and I currently use the one I bought 4 years ago. Am I that outta date?? I guess I like them b/c you can buy them without any leather. BTW I am very intrested in buying a LV draw string -does anyone know about how much I need to save??? Does KS have draw strings and do they have leatherless ones?

THX

Karen
Old 12-19-2001, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

the Louis Vitton page seems to not be working!
I remember my step dad giving me a LV purse when I was in 8th grade, I had no idea then and thought it was too old for me! Anyhow someone stole that purse from me at school!
I LOVE KATE SPADE, but she was more in last year at my school(although still very much a favorite) LV is really in style now, you CANNOT see a sorority girl out without one!
Old 12-19-2001, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Karen, there's a LV drawstring for $535, but it has leather on it. Check out eluxury.com --

http://eluxury.com/browse/product_de...SectionID=6000

I haven't seen a Kate Spade drawstring, but I know that the nylon handbags have no leather.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
I love my brown Guess purse and a new little black Kenneth Cole one. I just can't imagine spending $500 on a purse...no matter how cute it is! People here are proud of their Target purses and don't have any shame carrying a fake Kate Spade. I guess because while we were in college no one was really examining our stuff all that closely. But hey, if you have the means to carry the best of the best, then why not?
Old 12-19-2001, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
WOW! My big bag investment in college was a $65 Liz on sale of course. I must confess I really don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars on a bag. A few of my sorority sisters were sporting Gucci bags, but I didn't know it was a big trendy thing. My sister (biological) loves accessories, and her boyfriend indulges her by giving her Coach bags and Tiffany jewelry and accessories. Lucky Girl! The funny thing is the other day she went to a sample sale and bought a very cute leather bag for $10. She gets more compliments on that bag than any other. It's different and unique which is a good thing in New York City!
Old 12-19-2001, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

i am not much of a handbag girl yet! actually i have never owned anything too expensive, through college it was just my good ole trusty backpack and a cute knitted purse I picked up at claires ... I owned one db in grade school as well as the esprit and liz purses that defined cool in my high school

but all thats about to change as i enter the "real world," a new handbag is on my list of things to buy with christmas money. I have seen some cute DKNY handbags, black and simple, as well as some cute purses at the limited, i am not so much sold on any brand yet, but wanting something cute, basic and grown up now that I cant haul my trusty jansport to work anymore
Old 12-19-2001, 06:40 PM

Kate Spade

OK, I've seen these bags online and in person, and I have to say, I just don't get it. Other than a little label what is so special about them? The "Sam" isn't a new or exotic style, that type bag has been around for years.
Old 12-19-2001, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

535$-yikes!!! I think I will stick to my70$ Liz Claiborne. I do have target purses-all of my black purses (oh except one which is a Gap) are from Target.
Old 12-19-2001, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Re: Kate Spade

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
OK, I've seen these bags online and in person, and I have to say, I just don't get it. Other than a little label what is so special about them? The "Sam" isn't a new or exotic style, that type bag has been around for years.
I see your point, 33. What I think happened is that the bags got into the hands of people who are attuned to fashion.

Kate Spade is a former accessories editor for Mademoiselle. I remember an article that appeared on her in a 1996 Vogue. At that time, her bags were running well under $200.

These days, I am partial to the style of Hermes Kelly and Birkin. I can't afford such bags, but quality replicas, not fakes, are available for a fraction of the cost. I just got one.

Kate Spade shoes, however, are cool. I've got four pairs, including the strange Aladdin slippers that often pop up on eBay.

Last edited by Steeltrap; 07-27-2002 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb I'm a Coach addict.

I got my first Coach for my 8th grade graduation and have been hooked ever since. Everytime they come out with a new style, I have to have it. I didn't realize that I had an obsession until a friend pointed out that I was carrying the Coach messenger bag, organizer and wallet. I ventured out to broaden my horizons and got an LV, Fendi, Gucci and Prada purse, but it just wasn't the same. I had to go back. It's just something about Coach.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Kate Spade

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
That's exactly what I like about it! This is from the person whose entire wardrobe can be summed up in three phrases: black pants, gray sweaters, small silver jewelry. I paid a little more, but I got a great bag that isn't going to go out of style anytime soon and will probably take a stick of dynamite to destroy.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I cannot put my finger on the KS attraction, but I walked into a KS store and went wild. I cannot wait to buy more. But I agree with kappastargirl, I have 2 and they match everything I own and I will not need another bag for a while...I mean until I can afford another!
Old 12-19-2001, 11:51 PM

Arrow

I tortured myself today at Nordstroms looking at the Kate Spades. I want the Sam but if I'm spending over $100 I better have a zipper! So that leaves Claire or Sydney. Sydney is over $200 so it'd probably be Claire.

The most expensive bag I have is a Mossimo mini backpack. I got it at Ross for $35 and it took me forever to decide that it was worth it. Most of my purses are under $20 and come from Ross. I'm always drawn to Nine West, Espirit, Guess, and DKNY City. Does nobody else buy those?

My big problem is everything I want is more expensive than I want to spend. Which becomes torture when you know you can afford it. I can't imagine ever ever ever buying a LV or Coach for myself. Let alone for a high school student or younger.

p.s. I was at Ross and Marshalls today and there was a couple women with LV bags. I was cracking up because if I was buying LV bags I sure as hell wouldn't be shopping at Ross and Marshalls!