GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,654
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Artisancne
» Online Users: 1,473
1 members and 1,472 guests
Artisancne

Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the reason it is said has to do with the quota system. How some chapters would prefer to bid people who can actually stick around a bit to contribute to the chapter. I have a feeling that if the quota system wasn't a factor the advice would be different.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
I think the reason it is said has to do with the quota system. How some chapters would prefer to bid people who can actually stick around a bit to contribute to the chapter. I have a feeling that if the quota system wasn't a factor the advice would be different.
I think most chapters would prefer people who will stick around longer than those who won't, regardless of the quota system.

But whether I am Becky the PNM at 19 years old or Scott the Alumni Aspirant for an NPHC org at 40, why would I share information which would harm my chances if I could help it? I wouldn't.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I think most chapters would prefer people who will stick around longer than those who won't, regardless of the quota system.

But whether I am Becky the PNM at 19 years old or Scott the Alumni Aspirant for an NPHC org at 40, why would I share information which would harm my chances if I could help it? I wouldn't.
True, but this girl was not talking about transferring but going into a professional school at another campus. She just didn't know if she'd get into Pharmacy School. If she knew what was smart for her, she wouldn't tell them that it was a possibility, but at many schools, it wouldn't matter anyway...she's a senior.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

court4short, if you are not in a sorority, why do you have this in your signature: AΦ "If you find the girls that love the you, you love..well then that's just fAbulΦus."
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusySorostitute View Post
Court4Short, if you are not in a sorority, why do you have Alpha Phi in your signature?
She posted last July when she was a PNM and has since gone through recruitment I believe.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
She posted last July when she was a PNM and has since gone through recruitment I believe.
ah, i see. i didn't notice this was a bumped thread.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
True, but this girl was not talking about transferring but going into a professional school at another campus. She just didn't know if she'd get into Pharmacy School. If she knew what was smart for her, she wouldn't tell them that it was a possibility, but at many schools, it wouldn't matter anyway...she's a senior.
Yeah, I understand. And I really wasn't as interested in the girl's situation as much as I was observing the pattern of responses in this thread and in others.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Yeah, I understand. And I really wasn't as interested in the girl's situation as much as I was observing the pattern of responses in this thread and in others.
Yeah...many times, the advice is geared to benefit chapters more so than individual PNMs. I guess because all of us have had the irritation of having members join then transfer the next semester. If a PNM knows that they are going to do this before they even go through, a lot of people feel like that PNM is just taking the spot that someone else would have enjoyed for 4 years. Of course, with quota systems every woman should have a place...every place just may not be equal.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!