GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,635
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, BCNAmbrose
» Online Users: 2,158
3 members and 2,155 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, Phrozen Sands

Old 08-16-2010, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerylle View Post
Lip gloss can be just as bad as it may spread Meningitis or Mono (if I remember correctly from my many hours of watching Discovery Health).
It can spread anything that kissing can. If you're *that* type of girl, sharing a little lipgloss is probably not a big deal.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
It can spread anything that kissing can. If you're *that* type of girl, sharing a little lipgloss is probably not a big deal.
Having Mono or Meningitis doesn't mean you are 'that type of girl'. Many people are actually carriers of these type of infections. Meaning, you can 'have' Mono and give it to your friends/boyfriend/family members without showing symptoms or having the infection harm you in any way. My friend is a carrier, as her boyfriend got it shortly after they got together. He only shares drinks with her, and she is his second girlfriend and she doesn't have it however.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Having Mono or Meningitis doesn't mean you are 'that type of girl'. Many people are actually carriers of these type of infections. Meaning, you can 'have' Mono and give it to your friends/boyfriend/family members without showing symptoms or having the infection harm you in any way. My friend is a carrier, as her boyfriend got it shortly after they got together. He only shares drinks with her, and she is his second girlfriend and she doesn't have it however.
Basically Mono is so easily spread that avoiding sharing lipgloss probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know how likely meningitis is to spread that way.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM

Are we talking stick gloss, wand gloss or pot gloss?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel like I just switched to the Discovery Channel instead of the Entertainment Channel!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

lolz!^
Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Are we talking stick gloss, wand gloss or pot gloss?
Both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
I feel like I just switched to the Discovery Channel instead of the Entertainment Channel!
But the Discovery Channel is the Entertainment Channel! Or is that just me? Ha ha.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Having Mono or Meningitis doesn't mean you are 'that type of girl'.
Yes, I realize that. I wasn't being serious.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Yes, I realize that. I wasn't being serious.
Well I actually know people who are serious about that type of thing. No offense to you, though. :] I'm just a discovery channel nerd.

Either way, back to your regularly scheduled recruitment story!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I promised Dora that I would not give any specifics about her parties until recruitment was over. That being said I wanted to tell everyone about the CUTEST shirts they wore the first day. The shirts were Garnet and they had a charm bracelet design. Each charm represented a different chapter. A lyre for Alpha Chi, an owl for Chi-O,a lion for ADPi, a quatrefoil for Phi Mu, a dolphin for Tri- Delt, a turtle for DZ, a cresent moon for Gamma Phi, a key for Kappa, a crown for Zeta and what appears to be a leaf or a flower for KD. I would attach a picture, but my daughter's nametag would be in it and I want her identity to remain secret. Also in the story Artie and Mr Schuester are phantom chapters, they only existed to throw everyone off her school. I have typed up her impressions for the first two rounds and will post them when recruitment ends. Today is the first day of classes, so no recruitment. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrianglepi View Post
I promised Dora that I would not give any specifics about her parties until recruitment was over. That being said I wanted to tell everyone about the CUTEST shirts they wore the first day. The shirts were Garnet and they had a charm bracelet design. Each charm represented a different chapter. A lyre for Alpha Chi, an owl for Chi-O,a lion for ADPi, a quatrefoil for Phi Mu, a dolphin for Tri- Delt, a turtle for DZ, a cresent moon for Gamma Phi, a key for Kappa, a crown for Zeta and what appears to be a leaf or a flower for KD. I would attach a picture, but my daughter's nametag would be in it and I want her identity to remain secret. Also in the story Artie and Mr Schuester are phantom chapters, they only existed to throw everyone off her school. I have typed up her impressions for the first two rounds and will post them when recruitment ends. Today is the first day of classes, so no recruitment. Hope everyone has a great day!
I would love to see a picture of the shirts, at the end of your story, we are always looking for great panhellenic shirt designs!!

GPhiB
Old 08-19-2010, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrianglepi View Post
Sounds really cute! Excited to read more about Dora's recruitment
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Looking forward to here more of Dora's story.

Go ADPi!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Today is Prefs, thank goodness. I am not sure I can handle any more stress and I am just the parent. Go Dora! Have fun at your parties!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Since today is bid day it is safe to now post Dora's story. Going into rush she had no opinions about any of the chapters. She went in with an open mind. That being said she hoped to get a bid from a house that put an emphasis on academics. Dora went to college for an education and not to party.
First Impressions

KURT- Dora loved Kurt. She was introduced to the President. She felt the conversations went really well here. She really wants to be invited back to Kurt.

BRITTANY- The conversations were awkward here. The Brittany girls found out she was in a certain campus activity and tried to tell her exactly what she should do with this activity and she was turned off by this. She felt they were trying too hard to Rush her.

MIKE- She loved Mike, they paired her with a girl who had her same major and identical summer job. They had a lot in common and the conversation flowed.

MERCEDES-She was already in love with Mercedes prior to Rush. She had seen the inside of their house during Scholar's weekend and they mentioned how they got together every week
to watch Glee. They had her at Hello!

QUINN- She loved Quinn. She said she felt a sensation that she really belonged here.

SANTANA- This was her first house of the day and it was very awkward. The girl kept talking about all their social activities. She kept asking Dora if she had questions. Dora asked about their campus GPA and the girl said they had one of the highest GPA's( Dora later found out this was not true, they infact had one of the lowest)

RACHEL- Dora really like Rachel. She was double rushed here, but she was able to meet several girls who she had things in common with.

PUCK- She said Puck was just average. She did not have an opinion one way or the other.

FINN-She was also lukewarm about them. She would welcome an invite to get to know them better.

TINA- She did not feel a connection to Tina.

They could go back to 8 on the second day, so she ranked Brittany and Tina at the bottom.

Last edited by atrianglepi; 08-22-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling counts!