GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,635
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, BCNAmbrose
» Online Users: 2,147
2 members and 2,145 guests
g41965, Phrozen Sands

Old 08-23-2011, 05:30 PM
NUKaydee

GC has started a cookie table obsession in me. I already told my boyfriend that we are having an ice cream cake and a cookie table at our wedding instead of a traditional wedding cake.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

So far, this is going over like a lead balloon. I had to remind my DF of his promise. I start making rum balls this weekend, and my bridesmaids and all Burgh people have been primed to either bring cookies, or sweetly ask, "Where's the Cookie Table? You can't have a wedding without a Cookie table!" One very dear friend has promised to come early, make her remark about the lack of the Cookie Table, and then go out and get some (they'll be in her car)!

I should have told y'all this one earlier: the last wedding I went to was a Scots wedding, with all of the men wearing their respective kilts, and the ladies wearing their sashes. The groom's kilt was predominately black and purple, so the bridesmaid dresses were black, with purple trim for those not Scots.

Do you know what I mean by lady locks, cream horn or clothespin cookies? They're hollow pastry tubes filled with some sort of whipped cream or icing. Well, at this wedding, the ladies filled them with black or purple icing! All night long, people were licking their teeth so they didn't look black! I just found a place that sells the empty shells, and we can fill them there!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 PM

I'm kind of using this thread as the default non-cake table/other dessrt thread.

I found these desserts on a blog. Non-traditional wedding desserts for people who really don't like cake (or whose guests aren't really into cake) :

From top left to bottom right: Guiness chocolate pudding, blueberry trifle with mascarpone whip, cheesecake in a jar, mini peanut butter pies.

and back to cookies--hot air balloon cookie favors:

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I want them all. Now. Sigh.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:40 PM

Fun pink candy/cupcake/cookie table:

Letter candy:

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

There was a Dessert Table at the shower DF's church threw for me on Sunday! I told him, "take out the cakes, and that's a Cookie Table." He was very excited about it, saying that it was nothing like he had imagined! What did he expect, a table made out of cookies?? Anyhow, he passed the news around, and the Cookie Table may debut in Chicagoland after all!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'm kind of using this thread as the default non-cake table/other dessrt thread.

I found these desserts on a blog. Non-traditional wedding desserts for people who really don't like cake (or whose guests aren't really into cake) :

Those look tasty!

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Honeychile, I know I'm late for this, and for some reason think that you already got married, but I'd be happy to make cookies for your cookie table if you need volunteers.

Also, I've seen them at a couple of weddings here.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Honeychile, I know I'm late for this, and for some reason think that you already got married, but I'd be happy to make cookies for your cookie table if you need volunteers.

I have some I'd love to make and I can mail them to you with extras and hand made pressies for your cats, right?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
I have some I'd love to make and I can mail them to you with extras and hand made pressies for your cats, right?
Oh they would looooooove that.

Honeychile, just let me know! I'd love to take a day off of work to bake dozens of cookies!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

In 10 days, but who's counting? It's looking quite well for a Cookie Table, now that the why has been spread (and I'm to write a paragraph or two on it for this Sunday's bulletin), but if you feel like contributing, that's simply lovely of you - and so panhellenic!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh they would looooooove that.

Honeychile, just let me know! I'd love to take a day off of work to bake dozens of cookies!
Send me the location of your nut house and I'll get it in the mail by Saturday. USPS actually can get stuff out of Spokane and back east pretty quick, especially since you're in a big city. I just have to make sure the homegrown catnip smell in hand knit toys doesn't seep over to cookies.

Aside from cookies and kitties, I need your advice on something your graduate degree would be quite useful for, so we gotta jabber anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
In 10 days, but who's counting? It's looking quite well for a Cookie Table, now that the why has been spread (and I'm to write a paragraph or two on it for this Sunday's bulletin), but if you feel like contributing, that's simply lovely of you - and so panhellenic!
If my package makes it in time to agzg you'll have something Scandinavian from me that fits in your wedding theme. I always get tracking so we'll know where it is.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Send me the location of your nut house and I'll get it in the mail by Saturday. USPS actually can get stuff out of Spokane and back east pretty quick, especially since you're in a big city. I just have to make sure the homegrown catnip smell in hand knit toys doesn't seep over to cookies.

Aside from cookies and kitties, I need your advice on something your graduate degree would be quite useful for, so we gotta jabber anyway.

If my package makes it in time to agzg you'll have something Scandinavian from me that fits in your wedding theme. I always get tracking so we'll know where it is.
A good friend has already warned me that she's bringing genuine Eat-N-Park Black & Gold Smiley Cookies! Eat-N-Park is the local family restaurant chain. I hope it doesn't elicit a war cry!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
A good friend has already warned me that she's bringing genuine Eat-N-Park Black & Gold Smiley Cookies! Eat-N-Park is the local family restaurant chain. I hope it doesn't elicit a war cry!
Just saw this. LOVE it. I would seriously laugh but family at least would get it, even if the friends didn't.