GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,639
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, JohnnieMah
» Online Users: 1,008
0 members and 1,008 guests
No Members online

Old 07-22-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
We didn't do pledge names, but one of the older sisters just yelled out "Smurfette!" one night during a flag football game. It stuck.

I don't know half of the fraternity guys on campus by their real names. I do know a Dirty Sanchez, Juicy, Balls, Diddy Kong, Country, Sunshine, and Leroy. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-22-2003, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

We didn't have pledge names.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to rocketaxid
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SigkapAlumWSU
You know, that remids me, there are about 5 Scuba Steve's on my campus, all in different houses. And apparenly, almost all for different reasons!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Falls on floor laughing* Scuba Steve in the greater Toledo area is the guy who owns Car Stereo 1 and does really annoying commercials that always end with him dressed in a scuba oufit saying "Turtle" (picture a fortyish man in a tight scuba outfit wearing glasses, there's a pic on www.carstereoone.com) hehehe

So on to pledge names, we don't have them but we have interesting nicknames, mine's *blushing* Shady *coughs* for several reasons and I guarentee none are as bad as your thinking!

A fraturnity on our campus (they shall remain nameless b/c I would want to get them in trouble) whom our chapter is very "close" to (literally) all of their pledges have nicknames and buttons. Buttons are the funnest thing I've ever seen. An Acive "pushes" the pledges button (either by keyword or by pushing on whatever activates it) and the pledge has to do "their button" some are things they say, others are things they actaully do. Thses range from breaking out into n'scyc dances to proclaiming their love for "not so small girls" They don't have to do it, that would be hazing but they all do it in good fun.

~Shady
Old 07-22-2003, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
Quote:
Originally posted by rocketaxid

A fraturnity on our campus (they shall remain nameless b/c I would want to get them in trouble) whom our chapter is very "close" to (literally) all of their pledges have nicknames and buttons. Buttons are the funnest thing I've ever seen. An Acive "pushes" the pledges button (either by keyword or by pushing on whatever activates it) and the pledge has to do "their button" some are things they say, others are things they actaully do. Thses range from breaking out into n'scyc dances to proclaiming their love for "not so small girls" They don't have to do it, that would be hazing but they all do it in good fun.

~Shady [/B]
The fraternities here have their pledge pins 'activated' too. It's hilarious. I got kissed by the same Phi Sig at least 20 times and one guy serenaded me with the brady bunch theme.

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

EVERYBODY in my chapter has a nickname of somesort. In my pledge class there were 3 of us named John. I became Chip (cause I was such a prep) which metamorphasized into Chipster (the most common), Chipper, Chip Ahoy, Chip Aroo, (and any other brand of chocolate chip cookie),Chip-Chop, etc. My other nickname was "Mr. Sunshine".
Old 07-22-2003, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I was Pledge Nun/ None back in the day, because I was the good lil innocent Catholic girl. I wounld drink none, do none nor take none.

My how things change! Now my nickname is Tiger because I can purr...>^"^<

We too have a scuba steve!
Old 07-22-2003, 04:15 PM

Awwwee

I'm so excited everyone else has Scuba Steves!!!
I really hated my name to begin with, I mean come on- its a guys name. But now I'm learning to love it.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
There's a scuba steve on my campus too. While my sorority doesn't officially do nicknames or pledge names, a few of us have some. My Purple Pal's last name is really hard to say, so when she went through recruitment, we took to calling her Chex Mix, and it kind of stuck. Her big even got her a bag of Chex Mix for big/lil night. And, there are guys on campus who I don't know by their real name, but only by nicknames. My nickname is Amazon, b/c one of my good friends is really short and I call her Short Stuff, so she started calling me Amazon and it just stuck.

Courtney
Old 07-22-2003, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We didn't have pledge names, but some of the sisters in the chapter call me Grace because I have the inability to stand on 2 feet or walk without falling. I am extremely klutsy. The name really stuck when a bunch of us were spraypainting the SAE lion and we heard the boys coming and while running away, I knocked over a trashcan, tripped over it, did a few midair somersaults and face planted into the mud. That was after I sprayed myself in the face with gold spraypaint (I swear the can was defective, why doesn't anyone believe me??? ) So Grace has kind of stuck.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Mine was CLASH Because of my clothes I was wearing once on a Friday when my pledge class had to wear a Shirt and Tie. I had on a navy blue shirt with various designs on it and a Rainbow tie( I had most of my clothes in the washer during that day). that's how my pledge name came to be.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to enlightenment06
We have a Scuba Steve also at GW
Old 07-24-2003, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

My pledge name was Tinkie Winkie
Old 07-24-2003, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Flounder. Its not really just a pledge name though. People called me that before I pledged (not my brothers) then my brothers started calling me that, and now everyone calls me that almost.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My pledge name ranged from Master "P" to Notorious (which I hated), now my chapter name is Diddy or just "P"
Old 07-24-2003, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mylife
[B]My pledge name was Tinkie Winkie
I don't suppose you had pledges Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po as well.