GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 606
3 members and 603 guests
flamboyanttree, naraht

Old 12-25-2005, 04:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
Angry Retro Rushees from Hell

OMG...I hate to admit that I spent a few good hours reading this entire thread from start to finish. Some things NEVER change.
Thanks for the laughs (and gasps)...

I will spare you the bitchy rushee stories that basically say "your house sucks and I only want to go to BBB"...but yes, been there done that.

The best fraternity rivalry story I can remember is always bracing as to what the Pikes were going to do to us during Preference Night. This was still in the days of "bursting" outside of the chapter house with candles in long "power" gowns to sing while picking up our rushee in the front of the house. Usually they would blast totally obnoxious music right before we were set to burst as kind of a tease. They would also dump stuff on the sidewalk in hopes that the girls' long dresses would drag through the goop on the sidewalk in front of their house or write rude things on the sidewalk in chalk. Our advisers would patrol and go over and beg them to be good during rush. The best one they pulled was MOWING THEIR LAWN in the dark as we were having a preference night ceremony.

We also had OPEN HOUSES prior to rush parties each day. Our chapter house had a pretty cool patio with a fire pit that was a great rush tool. We would have the landscapers come prior to rush and plant all these really cool blooming plants. One year our house corp adviser that was in charge of the landscaping said the grounds needed some fertilizer. Ok...no problem. WRONG!! Well...surrouding each one of the pretty plants were FULL HORSE TURDS...not mulch or bark, but the full deal. We did everything we could to keep the flies away and smell down--we were in August in 100+ degree temps. Ugh!! We were given stern directives to not take rushees near the plants and to always keep a "wall" between the horse poop flower gardens and them... Fast forward to Open House. I still remember our dress for that day...white cotton camp shirts, blue walking shorts and blue leather flats. Well the flats were slick on the grass and the cement patio and I started to slip as I was floating around and visiting with the rushees. Before I knew it my foot was headed for the corner of the flower bed and as a last ditch effort I tried to kind of jump to regain my failing balance. Well, I didn't fall but I managed to fling horse s*** in the middle of a group of people talking--both members and rushees. Thank God the fast acting members got the rushees the hell out of there before they figured out what was going on. I was mortified and slinked away in fear that our special rush advisers would find out about this and punish me with some form of torture. Thank God they didn't "get wind" of my "horsing" around.

And...a bonus...many threads back someone commented about a rushee stating to a member she sometimes used panty liners in her underarms as a guard to prevent pitting out clothes. Well, don't freak on me here girls, but be VERY VERY GLAD you never had to rush in RAYON blouses because that trick has been used on the member side of rush... I refuse to go any further.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-16-2006, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

thought maybe there would be some good new ones!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to achio_kerryann
fun rusher

so i asked a girl at a cob what she likes do for fun and she replied "go out" and i asked her what else she likes to do for fun and she then proceeded to tell me how she was kicked out of two bars with in the last week for starting fights. (she threw a beer mug at some girl's head...)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: fun rusher

Quote:
Originally posted by achio_kerryann
so i asked a girl at a cob what she likes do for fun and she replied "go out" and i asked her what else she likes to do for fun and she then proceeded to tell me how she was kicked out of two bars with in the last week for starting fights. (she threw a beer mug at some girl's head...)

Sounds like a winner!

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 01-24-2006, 12:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Re: fun rusher

OMG...

At least she was honest...she gets an A for honesty, right???

Quote:
Originally posted by achio_kerryann

Old 01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

So a guy came in with a black metallica shirt on and jean shorts.

Needless to say, he got cut.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lilsunshine214
Wow... Then according to your standards a good friend of mine would've gotten cut from your fraternity.

Maybe I should go tell HIS fraternity brothers that they made a mistake!
Why are you questioning his standards? Just because they aren't yours doesn't make them wrong. The Metallica T-shirt may have been excusable but JEAN SHORTS? Ugh. Who in the hell wears jean shorts?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Banned

Its Ohio, what does it matter?
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
Why are you questioning his standards? Just because they aren't yours doesn't make them wrong. The Metallica T-shirt may have been excusable but JEAN SHORTS? Ugh. Who in the hell wears jean shorts?
This is pretty offensive.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by preciousjeni
This is pretty offensive.
No it isn't. I think most chapters where I'm from would cut for a Metallica shirt and jean shorts.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I'll clarify:

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
JEAN SHORTS? Ugh. Who in the hell wears jean shorts?
That is offensive. The general tone of the post was offensive. The post after it is obviously said in jest. This was wasn't though.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'll clarify:

That is offensive. The general tone of the post was offensive. The post after it is obviously said in jest. This was wasn't though.
What is offensive about that? I don't think I know anyone who wears jean shorts.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 PM

Please tell me when jean shorts became the embodiment of all that is evil. Was it after Ted Bundy got fried and they needed an icon to take his place?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Jean shorts are never in jest.

Those have a comfort waist, which is very sexy. Our chapters always invite back the girls who have the sense to plan for weight gain during the early years of college and procure the jean shorts that can make that journey with them.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'll clarify:

Yup, you're right, I wasn't joking. I wouldn't date a man who wears jean shorts and I wouldn't fault a fraternity guy for refusing to bid a man who wears jean shorts. It's seriously the equivalent of someone who wears socks and sandals.

Not to mention that the original poster who was all, "You would have cut someone great blah blah"... that's a little lame.