GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,635
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, BCNAmbrose
» Online Users: 2,448
0 members and 2,448 guests
No Members online

Old 05-19-2014, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
The episode when Carrie met Big is on now. She dropped her purse and he found her condoms. Chris Noth handsome as always (I watch him in L&O, SATC, and the occasional Lifetime movie).

These are the early SATC episodes where Carrie talked to the camera. I'm glad they stopped that and just let her do the voice overs or whatever they are called. I'm also glad they stopped doing the mini-interviews with people on the streets.

I watch these episodes as though I haven't seen then hundreds of times. I'm about to purchase the episode DVDs instead of watching SATC marathons on E! I'm surprised I don't already have the episode DVDs.
Chris Noth is gorgeous!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Just found out NBC has canceled Revolution and Wednesday is the series finale. I'm so bummed out. It's the only show I've watched on NBC in years. *sigh*
Uh-oh. My husband is going to be disappointed, too.

We both like Grimm on NBC...that's renewed.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post
Chris Noth is gorgeous!
Indeed!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 PM

My husband decided today that it would be a good idea to trim the cat's fur. With scissors.

He looks awful. And DH snipped off all the whiskers on the right side of his face.

So what did he do to get back at us? He waited until I got home from work, and then he scratched ME - deep enough that I bled. Bad kitty!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

What could have been a slow day today, turned into a rough day at work, and on a Monday. I am "foreign body" exhausted. It's just that there seems to be no limit to what our pets will try to cram into their mouths --size, shape, texture, and taste often playing little or no part in an oral obsession that for many owners can become expensive.

It's really bad on a regular visit day to do emergency surgery, not just one, but two, especially when I was starting to get way behind schedule because of it. My client asked me today "Why do animals put things that are non-food items in their mouths?" My response to her was that young animals of two years of age or less are more commonly afflicted, and so, like inquisitive toddlers intent on putting everything into their mouths, simple curiosity plays a part.

My boss and I were talking about this, and he told me that in dogs it reflects the need to hunt, that it's instinctive and a throwback to a time when their prey was eaten in its entirety. He also believes that some animals appear to enjoy the act of chewing, experimenting with the feel of an object in their mouths. My favorite theory, and one I believe I can safely share with the majority of Labrador owners, is that "It was there, so I ate it."

I've seen mostly undergarments --it's the socks, stockings, pantyhose, panties, that often prove to be popular offending items, in my experience. Sooooo, long story short, one of my clients brought her cat in today (crying with worry). It's just that she took this problem one step further by making her cat a homemade toy from fresh catnip stuffed inside an old nylon stocking, a dangerous toy that not only was fun for the cat in the beginning, but also today, a not so fun visit to the operating room. And then the ferret that swallowed a pencil eraser.... they both took up most of my day, and caused a major back-up. Talk about stressed.

I was so glad when 7:00 rolled around so I could go home.....

Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Banned

Christian Keyes is yummy. I've seen him in two movies: "Dysfunctional Friends" and "Black Coffee"
Old 05-20-2014, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
The episode when Carrie met Big is on now. She dropped her purse and he found her condoms. Chris Noth handsome as always (I watch him in L&O, SATC, and the occasional Lifetime movie).

These are the early SATC episodes where Carrie talked to the camera. I'm glad they stopped that and just let her do the voice overs or whatever they are called. I'm also glad they stopped doing the mini-interviews with people on the streets.

I watch these episodes as though I haven't seen then hundreds of times. I'm about to purchase the episode DVDs instead of watching SATC marathons on E! I'm surprised I don't already have the episode DVDs.
I have a love/hate relationship with Season 1. I like the rough/low-budgetness of the way the season is shot. The talking to the camera? Meh. It worked for some eps, others it was awkward. My fave is Big: "Oh, I get it... You've never been in love."

[SATC word vomit]

Seasons 2 and 5 are my favorite (though all the Petrofsky/Paris episodes make me gag - what's that, end of Season 5 through Season 6?). Miranda/Steve are my favorite couple (Charlotte/Harry are a close second with Samantha/Smith) and I HATE that he cheats in the movie. I couldn't stand Aiden OR Berger... and it took both movies for me to really just not care for Big. Not hate, just meh on him. Am I the only person who felt like Carrie had no chemistry with any of the men she dated? Not even Big? They just went on and on for years and their getting married (then not, then again) was inevitable.

Other randomness: Didn't Steve just seem like a slightly made-over, more character-developed Skipper? SATC 2? HAAAATED IT.
[/vomit]
Old 05-20-2014, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Just found out NBC has canceled Revolution and Wednesday is the series finale. I'm so bummed out. It's the only show I've watched on NBC in years. *sigh*
Uh-oh. My husband is going to be disappointed, too.
Like the way I felt when I realized "The Glades" has been cancelled. Really? Jim's been shot in his house, he's lying on the floor bleeding, we don't know who did it, and we'll never find out? Thanks for that.

Quote:
We both like Grimm on NBC...that's renewed.
I like "Grimm" too, but I haven't watched this season at all yet. It, "White Collar" and "Vikings" are waiting for summer.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

MysticCat is really only in this thread because Sex and the City was mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Seasons 2 and 5 are my favorite (though all the Petrofsky/Paris episodes make me gag - what's that, end of Season 5 through Season 6?). Miranda/Steve are my favorite couple (Charlotte/Harry are a close second with Samantha/Smith) and I HATE that he cheats in the movie. I couldn't stand Aiden OR Berger... and it took both movies for me to really just not care for Big. Not hate, just meh on him. Am I the only person who felt like Carrie had no chemistry with any of the men she dated? Not even Big? They just went on and on for years and their getting married (then not, then again) was inevitable.
Miranda and Steve are my favorite. Charlotte and Harry are adorable. Smith was cool but Samantha doesn't need to be in a relationship. Carrie and Big work because their chemistry is intentionally awkward throughout the series. Their SATC movie chemistry was much better. I think the point is that things don't have to fit a certain script or mold for it to be what works for YOU and YOURS.

The Carrie Diaries was cancelled. I wasn't a regular watcher but I liked it once they introduced Samantha (great actress who reminds me of Kim Cattrall) and were about to introduce Miranda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Other randomness: Didn't Steve just seem like a slightly made-over, more character-developed Skipper? SATC 2? HAAAATED IT.
[/vomit]
No no no no no NOOOOOOO!

I found Steve handsome, nice body, and cool with a nice NY accent. He wasn't frumpy and dorky like Skipper. Not in the least. LOL.

SATC2 was an abomination. We have a GC thread about SATC and some of us pretend SATC2 never happened. I will stick with the series, the first movie, and pretend there was nothing else. They have the nerve to want a SATC3 and they better not!!!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Almost time to go home. I just have to finish my clinical case log, and to Biggby coffee I go.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Banned

The SATC "fart" episode is on. LOL. This is one of my favorite and funniest episodes.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Guess I didn't have to change my siggy today, the old one's still applicable.

Also, didn't realize until today that Survivor: Cagayan will only have a Final Two in this Wednesday's Finale. Shucks.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from the mall. I decided to do some shopping after work and on my way home. I love living in Novi, because the mall is like, right here.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Like the way I felt when I realized "The Glades" has been cancelled. Really? Jim's been shot in his house, he's lying on the floor bleeding, we don't know who did it, and we'll never find out? Thanks for that.

I like "Grimm" too, but I haven't watched this season at all yet. It, "White Collar" and "Vikings" are waiting for summer.
I think that Grimm was even better this year. The finale was a definite cliffhanger...I'd wait to watch until later, so you don't have to wait as long for the new season.

I've caught about 3 episodes of Vikings, but I need to go back and watch from the beginning to really know what's going on.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post
Chris Noth is gorgeous!
Ab-So-[bleep]ing-Lute-Ly - Mr. Big