GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,640
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, DelorasGer
» Online Users: 913
1 members and 912 guests
No Members online

Old 07-09-2003, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

There's a decent amount of women in DC who carry Vera so you won't look crazy but you won't look just like everyone else either. There's TONS of shopping in DC, especially in Georgetown. Lots of high-end stores down there.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad I'm not alone.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went to the South East Panhellenic Conference earlier this year, a bunch of girls were carrying them around. I even heard one girl say "We should get those for our new girls on bid day!" Ditto to those who think they are "soccer mom" bags! I really don't think I've seen anyone carrying those around in Tampa, designer purses are much more common.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
There's a decent amount of women in DC who carry Vera so you won't look crazy but you won't look just like everyone else either. There's TONS of shopping in DC, especially in Georgetown. Lots of high-end stores down there.
I'm going with my dad and meeting up with my brother...not exactly shopping companions! I got them already (go UPS!) and I LOVE the pattern, maybe I'm just meant to be a soccer mom! I think the petal power pattern is geared more towards college aged women though...it's retro and fun! Of course I'm drooling over the (now discontinued ) Blue Toile and Seaport Navy patterns. I just gotta remind myself not to do too much damage on the credit card!

Jess
Old 08-04-2003, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, while shopping at the IKEA in Chicago I saw about 90 of these...and they are so much cuter in person! I looked on the website and found a store here that sells them and I get 20% off if I mention the website...so looks like tomorrow I might be getting a Vera! I want one that I can carry a book or two in - I need a new tote bag - I have a microfiber KS-knockoff Gamma Phi one that I use in winter and my current summer one is a striped A&F bag from 6 years ago that I love but am kind of sick of!
Old 09-15-2003, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Vera Bradley Craze

Okay, I have to laugh when I saw this thread. I just moved to North Carolina from AZ and they are everywhere here. The funny part is, when I first flew in here, I was in the RDU airport and saw this mother and daughter combo carrying VB bags (big, not purses) and my first thought was "What is up with the nerdy Grandma bags?" Obviously, they are not real popular where I was in AZ.

Then I entered grad school at NC State, and low and behold...they are ALL over the freakin' campus! What the heck happened to carrying a backpack? I am still undecided on how I feel about them. The small purses are cute as are makeup bags, but the big totes that the girls carry here are still coming off as h.s. home ec projects to me. Now, some people thought $40-$60 was a reasonable price to pay for a purse, which I agree, but not when it is quilted calico material!!

Then again, I feel sometimes like I have definitely walked into a whole different world here...I just don't get the whole 80s revival thing going on.... Please tell me that it is only happening here at NC State--b/c I just don't think I can ever bring myself to wear my polo shirts with the collars flipped up again! And don't EVEN get me started on the koozie mat'l sunglass straps! And BOAT SHOES??? I kid you not, I sometimes feel like I am walking amongst extras from some bad 80s movie....

Sorry, for the $.02 that turned into a semi-rant!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:25 PM

Re: Vera Bradley Craze

Quote:
Originally posted by tri-d
Then again, I feel sometimes like I have definitely walked into a whole different world here...I just don't get the whole 80s revival thing going on.... Please tell me that it is only happening here at NC State--b/c I just don't think I can ever bring myself to wear my polo shirts with the collars flipped up again! And don't EVEN get me started on the koozie mat'l sunglass straps! And BOAT SHOES??? I kid you not, I sometimes feel like I am walking amongst extras from some bad 80s movie....

I think I would like NC State!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Vera Bradley Craze

Quote:
Originally posted by tri-d
[Then again, I feel sometimes like I have definitely walked into a whole different world here...I just don't get the whole 80s revival thing going on.... Please tell me that it is only happening here at NC State--b/c I just don't think I can ever bring myself to wear my polo shirts with the collars flipped up again! And don't EVEN get me started on the koozie mat'l sunglass straps! And BOAT SHOES??? I kid you not, I sometimes feel like I am walking amongst extras from some bad 80s movie....

Sorry, for the $.02 that turned into a semi-rant! [/B]
Haha, my best guy friend went to University of South Carolina and I remember going to visit him and thinking the same thing about the fraternity men down there. They get Croakies as formal favors! He was in a "northern" fraternity there, so he was as amazed as I was. Guess it's those Carolinas...
Old 09-15-2003, 10:56 PM

Geez, I didn't get the Croakies when they first came out, and I sure don't get them now. Oh, and is the vest-with-blouse-hanging-out-underneath coming back?? It seems like it just left.

If Jams come back, look out.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Vera Bradley Craze

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedGirl

Edited to add that Vera, as I've mentioned before, is really big around here. I have a few pieces myself and they aren't all "grandma". Tri Delta at USC gave each of its 70+ new member class a Vera Bradley tote embroidered with (what else?) three Deltas. Very cute.
Delta Zeta did the same thing here on Bid Day. Very cute!
Old 09-20-2003, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
Those bags are absolutely hideous.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I am really interested that most people seem not to like the Vera bags. A LOT of people on my campus have them. They are just really handy. Barely anyone carries backpacks anymore and they are a great substitute. I think I could probably find almost every pattern on campus.

Anyway, I just got my first Vera bag. I'm hoping to get most of the collection in the pattern Chocolat:

My tote:
Old 10-30-2003, 11:05 PM

Breathesgelatin, you're going to like your tote a lot! I love mine but I wish it had more than one pocket in it. Anyway, it holds a ton of stuff is really sturdy. This is mine (if I can get a picture to appear!):

Last edited by KillarneyRose; 10-30-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the tote in Bees and I use it to carry my stuff with me to class. I love it!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
I have the tote in Bees and I use it to carry my stuff with me to class. I love it!
Me Too!

I used to lug my huge bookbag but I find it easier to stuff everything in it and go. I still use my bookbag but I love my Vera Bradley! (Especially since not that many people have it in the Bees pattern! )