GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,645
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Pinkiepolice
» Online Users: 1,647
0 members and 1,647 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2003, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
Quote:
Originally posted by greeklawgirl
The only thing better than yelling "Match!" is yelling (in a ladylike manner of course) is "Match...Quota!"

I preffed Alpha Gam and Alpha Phi.
Hey Maria! I'm an advisor for A Phi at SFSU and will be attending bid matching, so hopefully I'll get to say that too!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2003, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
I'm a rush addict who's in denial.

I hate hearing when people are sad, but I love to hear someone had a great party and really 'clicked'.

I started a thread, just so I could keep up with it. I altered it slightly in the DG forum, so all of the DG's would know when PNM's would be rushing those schools.

Last night, I slept in a 'U Of H Rush' shirts with all of our groups (AXO, XO, DG, DZ, ZTA, and Phi Mu) on it...it's on of the few that will fit around my stomach....just for good luck.

I'm not getting enough sleep refreshing my screen (it seems like updates don't come quickly enough), and I have weird dreams about bid days. Damn hormones.

I could go on, but I'll stop...

Good luck to everyone and keep us posted!

aj
Old 08-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Am I the only pathetic addict who has printed out a list, marking which schools have a chapter of their sorority? Is that a bad thing?
Old 08-18-2003, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

No Im pathetic, I teared up when I found out the LSU told moxie to get dress and go to rush! That was so beautiful of them.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Quote:
Originally posted by PreppyGirl
Hi! I'm PreppyGirl and I'm a rush thread addict...

* While I'm at work, I refresh my GC screen at least every 1-2 minutes to see if there have been any developments...

* When I get home, the first thing that I do is check my email and GC to see if anything happened during my commute (which is about 5 minutes-- maybe less)

* I stay up WAY past my bedtime checking updates

* First thing I do in the am-- check my email... second thing-- check GC

I just discovered GC this summer... all I can say is that it will lead to some serious procrastination this school year. Forget Snood! Forget Instant Messenger! I've got GC to help me avoid doing work now!
HAHA thats sooo me too! Except for the fact that my computer is still not back to me and fixed so I am hardly ever online!!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:43 PM

I count 31 people perusing the rush forum right now... not counting all those who are hidden...

fess up

(BTW in answer to "where did you pref" - I COB'd into a local sorority. We later went AEPhi.)
Old 08-18-2003, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowbrightCS
No Im pathetic, I teared up when I found out the LSU told moxie to get dress and go to rush! That was so beautiful of them.
I'm so bad, that when I read this comment and let it sink in (trust me, it took a sec for my brain to realize it meant "Moxie is back in rush") I raced to find her thread to see what was there!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
I count 31 people perusing the rush forum right now... not counting all those who are hidden...

fess up

(BTW in answer to "where did you pref" - I COB'd into a local sorority. We later went AEPhi.)

Ok, I confess. Every night since rush started, I rush home from work to caught up on all the days activites. I don't know how I'm going to survive while I'm at convention. I know it's only for 3 days but still.........
Old 08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

We're taking PreppyGirlJr. to college tomorrow (recruitment thread this January!) and I'll be away from GC until this weekend!!! However, the main reason that my parents are bringing me along (I'm not living at home this summer, so they have to pick me up on the way) is to get her computer set up... so I might be able to take a few peeks between lugging boxes up several flights of stairs!!

I almost ended this post by saying, "I will break this addiction." But, do you know what... I DON'T WANT TO!!! I love recruitment and recruitment threads and I'm proud to admit it! I'll be 110 and still keeping track of my house!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i almost changed my wisdom teeth removal to christmas vacation becuae there are no rush thread in December.

not only do i now practically live on the rush forum but i continuously read the people who are in hte forum besides me to check and see if there are any PNMs who could possible be posting something in their threads. i am an addict
Old 08-18-2003, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm Kaydee_cutie and I am definitely a rush addict. I keep quiet for the most part, but I am still here cheering everyone on!!

To answer the "Where did you pref?" question, I preffed Kappa, Theta Phi Alpha *I think I'm the only one on here so far that has preffed Theta Phi, correct me if I'm wrong*, and of course Kappa Delta . All the ceremonies were beautiful, but KD definitely won me over .
Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

well, since i am visiting my family, i have had less time to check gc.

i did however, make a list of each rushee who currently has an active thread and listed out which groups are at her school. even if she isn't telling names, i can still have some clue about what is happening. i am sad, i know.

oh, i also don't even look in the other threads these days. lol. the rush forum keeps me so busy!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PreppyGirl

* When I get home, the first thing that I do is check my email and GC to see if anything happened during my commute (which is about 5 minutes-- maybe less)

* First thing I do in the am-- check my email... second thing-- check GC
I must be really hopelessly addicted to recruitment threads - I must confess I am checking GC first before my email. Is there any hope?
Old 08-22-2003, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I'm Leslie, and I'm a total rush thread addict!

I'm also leaving for school tomorrow morning and won't have internet access in my apartment for a few weeks -- aaaahhhh!!! I don't want to know how many times a day I'll end up walking to campus to use the library computers because the suspense will be killing me!

I COBed ADPi... We only have 2 sororities at my school, but I knew I wanted to be ADPi from the start. I knew some of the girls from the other group, and I just couldn't see myself ever fitting in there as well as I fit in ADPi.

Good luck to all of you with rush!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in denial, but I have to admit that I am now an addict.

I started reading the threads as research. I'm on the team to colonize Kappa's new chapter at Harvard in October, and thought that since I haven't participated in recruitment since 1987 I should refresh my memory about the process.

When I woke up this morning the first thing I thought was that Moxie and Ames44 might have posted their bids. I then realized that I had better 'fess up and post to this thread.
My name is Claire, and I am a rush thread addict...

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership