GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 1,186
0 members and 1,186 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2002, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Ahhhhh I have so much to tell y'all! Last night was Pref Night. I got invited back to all three parties... but I cut Group 3. I just didn't want to go to Pref and fall completely in love with them, knowing that I can't live on their hall.

I went to Group 2's party first, and I was paired up with the girl I talked to on the very first night. While she was a really nice girl, and we got along great, I still feel like I haven't gotten to meet many of the sisters from this chapter. The party was of course very quiet and reverent, and they sang "The Rose" which is like one of my favorite songs! But some of it was a little hokey. All the girls that I have met there have been very nice, and I COULD see myself there... but I didn't feel that special "spark" where you just know you are in the right place.

I went to Group 1's party second. And unlike in the first party, where I was bummed to be with the first girl I met, I was so incredibly excited to be paired with the girl that I absolutely LOVE in this sorority. The whole party was so beautiful, with tons of real and fake Christmas candles (lol you guys know the ones you put in your windows?). As we listened to the girls speak about their experiences, she kept her hand on my shoulder and it didn't seem weird at all... it was comfortable and that's a good thing. I felt completely entranced and fascinated by the whole entire ceremony... and I definitely knew that this is where I want to be.

So then we got to wait to sign our Pref cards.... NOT so fun. Every girl has to go in one by one, as you know. Apparently some people were really torn between their choices, because I finally got to fill out mine at 11:30, and my last name begins with a C! I felt SOO sorry for the girls with W last names, because everyone is tired and we have to be back there to sign our bid cards at 8:45... which is in about 15 minutes!

I go to get pictures taken at 12:15, and then Bid Day starts at 2... wish me luck you guys!

Oh I forgot to tell you how I signed my Pref card.... Group 1, Group 2, Group 3.... but that's pretty obvious
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2002, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I am wishing you the very best! I have admired your logic about your experience and your thoughtful deliberation. Lot to be said for "rushing" as an older PNM. I have a feeling whatever happens, you have thought things through to the point that you will be pleased with whatever the outcome may be. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RosmaPomia
Cool

CC,
I am so hoping that you get your first choice but if you don't give the other two a shot. Good luck today
Old 09-15-2002, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I GOT MY FIRST CHOICE! Ohhhh I'm so excited! But I guess technically I can't tell you guys what sorority it actually is until after the Bid Day ceremony...

I'll be sure to post it tonight when I get back. Thanks so much to everyone for listening. I think just writing my experience down helped me so much in making my choices. I finally know what people mean when they say, "You just KNOW where you're supposed to be... I can't explain it!" I am glad I didn't get too upset about getting cut from my first night "first choice" because now I see that I would not have been happy there at all.

I love Greek Chat
Old 09-15-2002, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
I can't believe you know what house you are in and you won't tell us. Don't you know how crazy that will make us???

Anyway, Congratulations on getting your first choice (Whatever it may be). Have loads of fun today and then run back home to post on GC.

Greek love,
Melissa
Old 09-15-2002, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
ok, you have to come back and tell us where you went!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooh, I hope you had a wonderful time at bid night and hurry back to fill us in!!

Honey
Old 09-15-2002, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Im so happy you got your first choice and I can't wait to hear which sorority it was. I hope you are very happy with them beacuse it seems like you were a perfect fit with thsoe girls. Let us know whenever bid day is over which sorority it is!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, OK, girls... sorry to keep you waiting
I went.....

PHI MU

I'll write more about Bid Day later but I have to get ready for the Phi-esta!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

*~Yay~*

Congrats!

I love reading these rush threads!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Now we can add another GREAT Phi Mu "Pledge" to GC, JUST WAIT TILL THEY FIND OUT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

YEAH!!!!!! YOU WENT PHI MU! WELCOME TO A GREAT SISTERHOOD!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah! We have a GC Phi! Welcome to Phi Mu!

P-P-P to the H!
H-H-H to the I
I to the M, M to the U - GO PHI MU!

Last edited by lionlove; 09-15-2002 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited to have a new sister!!!! Welcome to a wonderful sisterhood!

Les Soeurs Fideles
The Faithful Sisters

Last edited by pinkyphimu; 09-19-2002 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy you are a Phi Mu. I have heard so many great things about them and it seems like from all the parties you will be extremely happy there. I hope you love it as muhc as I love DG. CONGRATS again!