GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,685
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, zaluscahvso8407
» Online Users: 1,243
1 members and 1,242 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 03-10-2007, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum View Post
The title of the thread is "Any NASCAR fans on here" therefore, if it doesn't apply to you, please feel free to stay out of it.

PinkRose, I agree with you about Winston cup racing versus Nextel cup. I absolutely HATE the way they say "5 time Nextel Cup Winner" or whatever - NO, he is a 4 time WINSTON cup winner & a 1 time NEXTEL cup winner. Just say a "5 time CUP CHAMPION" and let it be - its so disrespectful to Winston cup racing & what they did to make this the sport it is today.
No, I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I can post wherever and whenever I want.....thank you very much.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone watch the race at TMS? What about Martinsville with JG and JJ going at it?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I watched Mville but not Texas, I had to study. I hate Texas though, so its alright.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeaaaahhh!!! Jeff won at Phoenix for the 1st time in a cup car! Go Jeff Go!!! He's now tied with Big E with 76 wins, and he's only 35 yrs old. That young with that many wins. That's incredible!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, that was pretty cool - especially after that flip-flop with Tony Stewart on laps 299/300. Good for him!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 04-28-2007, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

So, apparently Tony Stewart got a big spanking this morning for making some negative comments about NASCAR earlier in the week and for blowing off the media at Phoenix. In talking to the media this morning, he seems suitably humble and embarassed and admitted he was wrong.

Given that he's normally a feisty guy, how do you think he'll approach tomorrow's race at dega? Think he might be a little cautious/lose focus or do you think he'll still go all out? I was thinking of running him, but now I might go with Kenseth. Kenseth is probably a little more consistant at this point (and more level-headed too! )

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 04-28-2007, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Just to make it clear..his fine was not for the negative comments toward Nascar on his radio show; they were solely for missing the post-race media conference last week. Anyone who has seen Tony progress in Nascar knows he is often hot tempered and shoots his mouth off. It is what Tony does. I would be upset too if I were him. He seems to be having a frustrating season with luck not being really on his side. I think he will approach the race in a positive manner and go all out.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:51 PM
cutiepatootie

JEFF GORDON I LOVE YOU!!!!! call me i am available for marriage anytime your ready!

ok jr is second!
Old 04-28-2007, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone watching Dega tomorrow? If Jr. wins this will be his 6th win there. If Gordon wins (I hope) this will be his 5th. I'll be glued in front of the 47" HDTV and surround sound.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I turned down suite tickets for Dega because I have exams starting Tuesday. This is the first Talladega spring race I've missed in like 7 years. It sucks.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
I turned down suite tickets for Dega because I have exams starting Tuesday. This is the first Talladega spring race I've missed in like 7 years. It sucks.
I was going to ask you if you were on something for turning that down , but I know, your studies come 1st. I would have made the same decision, but I would still be pissed.

Who do you think will win it? I haven't even checked to see who got the pole. Anyone know..anyone...anyone?
Old 04-29-2007, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I haven't even checked to see who got the pole. Anyone know..anyone...anyone?

Jeff Gordon! Gilliland matched his speed, I think, but Gordon got the pole based on overall points.

.....Kelly

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 04-29-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Jeff Gordon! Gilliland matched his time, i think, but Gordon got the pole based on overall points.

.....Kelly
navane thanks for the info. Go Jeff GO!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I was going to ask you if you were on something for turning that down , but I know, your studies come 1st. I would have made the same decision, but I would still be pissed.

Who do you think will win it? I haven't even checked to see who got the pole. Anyone know..anyone...anyone?
Yeah, I thought long and hard about it. To be honest I prefer sitting at start/finish, but my family always sits in the suite. While I enjoy watching from the box (open bar, good food,etc...), it wasn't enough pull to get me out of the library. Maybe I can make it to the fall race.

No idea who is going to win. I imagine JJ, Gordon, Stewart and Junior will all be in the thick of it barring wrecks/car problems. Its always impossible to predict restrictor plate races, because you can identify people who will likely make a run at it, but there's no telling who will be around for the checkers.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
Yeah, I thought long and hard about it. To be honest I prefer sitting at start/finish, but my family always sits in the suite. While I enjoy watching from the box (open bar, good food,etc...), it wasn't enough pull to get me out of the library. Maybe I can make it to the fall race.

No idea who is going to win. I imagine JJ, Gordon, Stewart and Junior will all be in the thick of it barring wrecks/car problems. Its always impossible to predict restrictor plate races, because you can identify people who will likely make a run at it, but there's no telling who will be around for the checkers.
You may have missed this race, but at least you've been to Dega, I haven't. Dega is the best track in the sport, that and Bristol and I haven't been to neither track.

Gordon got win 77. I was really happy, but I still think it's unfair to compare his 77 wins to Big E's 76. Big E never got a chance to retire, so if he kept racing after 2001 he would have still been winning. I thought that was pretty jacked for Jr. fans to throw toilet paper at Gordon today for winning. They not only disrepected Jeff and that whole Hendrick team, they disrespected the whole sport.

Jr. still got 5th and he started in the back too. Good run for him.