GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,157
1 members and 1,156 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

we just booked our honeymoon this week. we will be taking a 7 day cruise to greece and turkey and then spending 7 days in italy. i am pretty excited because i have never left the country. i just applied for my passport this week, too!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
We leave in a week for St. Thomas. SO excited!!! A week of sun & fun...just 4 months after the wedding.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Cancun

Actually, Playa Del Carmen. We went to the Adventura Spa Palace Resort. Weather was gorgeous - it was this past october. It was adults only and all inclusive. It was AMAZING. We went on a lobster dinner cruise, snorkeling, shopping, etc. The only thing I didnt like about that resort was that there was no BEACH to walk on (it was real rocky where we were). Cancun Palace was another adults only resort that we heard was good and had a beach. The company is Palace Resorts, and they have family resorts as well. I cant wait to go to another one =)
Old 06-02-2008, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Has anyone been to Cancun for their honeymoon? Specifically the LeBlanc Spa and Resort? Trip Advisor reviews are awesome and the traveler pics are as nice as the brochure pics. And how far out would you book? A year? Thanks for the advice about waiting to do name change stuff until you get back - smart thinking, and waiting a few days to leave. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-02-2008, 05:25 AM
GreekChat Member

We went to St. Lucia and did the all-inclusive thing, which I do recommend. After spending all that money on a wedding, it was nice to not have to worry about how much drinks or a dinner would cost. We could order whatever the heck we wanted, and it was always "free."

For me, I was very particular that I wanted to stay within 1-2 hours of our time zone, as I did not want to deal with jet lag while on vacation.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
We took a week-long cruise to Nassau, St. Maarten and St. Thomas
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Currently Oxford, MS. After graduate school, its up in the air.
Send a message via AIM to CBU Jeff
I'm getting married this coming Saturday, June 7. My finance and I are headed to one of those all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica. We are going two days after the wedding (in order to rest from the wedding festivities but still take advantage of approved time off from work)
Old 06-02-2008, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBU Jeff View Post
I'm getting married this coming Saturday, June 7. My finance and I are headed to one of those all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica. We are going two days after the wedding (in order to rest from the wedding festivities but still take advantage of approved time off from work)

My lil sis leaves today with her new hubby (a Delt Sig) to go to Jamaica's Sandals resort. I believe they're going to be in the Montego Bay location.

KLTC
Old 06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Since my wedding and honeymoon are over I will comment again! We had the best time at our honeymoon in the Bahamas this past May 2008! We stayed at an all-inclusive resort and it was wonderful We never had to pay for anything. The weather was great, the water was perfect, and we had butlers who thought of everything for us! We also went snorkeling and kayaking which was amazing! We even rode the bus into Nassau one day and walked around in their shopping area. I had a great time! Now if only I still had my tan!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Currently Oxford, MS. After graduate school, its up in the air.
Send a message via AIM to CBU Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
My lil sis leaves today with her new hubby (a Delt Sig) to go to Jamaica's Sandals resort. I believe they're going to be in the Montego Bay location.

We are headed to a "Couples" resort. I believe it is called Negril. We are flying into Montego bay however. Either way, it should be a blast.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

We went to Martha's Vineyard for a week; we stayed in Menemsha. We had gone for scattered weekends previously, but the honeymoon gave us an excuse to rent a cottage and stay the whole week. It was awesome.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoSigma2003 View Post
If you are married, where did you go?
We spent a week in the Pacific Northwest. Flew into Seattle, rented a car and stayed at a B&B for a few days and then drove down the coast and into Oregon. We stayed in Portland for a few days and then drove back up to Seattle to fly back out. Nothing overly fancy and certainly not the most perfect honeymoon, but it was nice. We were married in early September, so that limited some of the things we had contemplated (hurricane season).

Quote:
Would you wait to go on your honeymoon?
We didn't, but I can see why some couples do, especially if they want to do a grand honeymoon but may not have the resources right away.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 PM

I second the point about putting a few days between your wedding day and leaving for your honeymoon. If you don't think you'll be up to leaving the very next morning, don't try to.

My friend booked a 6:00 am flight the morning after her wedding, and they didn't get to their hotel until 12:30 am. So they didn't get any sleep and were in airports all day, she says it was miserable and if she could have a do-over, she would have either left MUCH later in the day on Sunday or waited until Monday.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I second the point about putting a few days between your wedding day and leaving for your honeymoon. If you don't think you'll be up to leaving the very next morning, don't try to.

My friend booked a 6:00 am flight the morning after her wedding, and they didn't get to their hotel until 12:30 am. So they didn't get any sleep and were in airports all day, she says it was miserable and if she could have a do-over, she would have either left MUCH later in the day on Sunday or waited until Monday.
Good point. We left on Sunday after our wedding but we left at 12:30 PM. So we had time to get some sleep and then get to the New Orleans airport on time. My cousin left for his wedding at 5am the Sunday after his wedding. They planned on just staying up all night and partying, which really isn't my idea of fun, but each to their own!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

My husband and I found out about 2 months before our wedding that our original flight was cancelled and that we were placed on a flight that was leaving at 6:00am the morning after the wedding (i believe the original flight was for 4 or 5 in the afternoon).
I was planning on not sleeping a wink because neither of us had any time to pack (I was about 1/3 packed) and we didn't get home until 11:30 that evening. Thankfully we checked our answering machine and they called to tell us that our flight now was pushed back to 12:30pm. THANK GOD!!! We got some rest, packed, and even had a chance to go through all of our cards from the wedding.

I felt more prepared to go on our honeymoon with just a difference of a few hours than I would've if we left at 6am that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post