GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,221
0 members and 1,221 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Clearly, you missed the original Alabama-recruitment thread in which hartofsec was catty as all get out about DG. Read some more.

Ah yes, by all means. The thread where some of you were attacking and ridiculing a mother.

Exemplary representation of your respective chapters.

Last edited by Hartofsec; 08-31-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
I really don't think you want to go there -- you know, that whole pot and kettle problem.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Actually, AOII Angel brought it up:

I just responded to her insinuation:

What might be questionable (or at least amazingly clairvoyant ), IMO, is an alum claiming to know why a PNM was released from recruitment, based on her own experience, 50 years ago, on a different campus.

[I]

I’m actually delighted that Delta Gamma recolonized at Bama – a much needed addition to the Greek system, and done very well.

The fact that girls who were released from recruitment were pledged as part of the new membership is not a negative, but rather a win/win. We shouldn’t make an assumption that something is inherently “wrong” with a girl who has been released from recruitment.

That’s the point (that I have made repeatedly).
This is rich. I didn't bring up Alabama; you did. No one has tried to say there is anything wrong with SECglitter, including Titchou. There was no reason to bring a colonizing chapter from another university into the discussion EXCEPT to through it in Titchou's face. There are no colonizing chapters at UGA so it is completely irrelevant otherwise. Don't blame me for your classless lack of judgement. When I disagree with Titchou, I just say so, I don't attack her organization. Leave her sorority out of it.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ah yes, by all means. The thread where some of you were attacking and ridiculing a mother.

I didn't have anything to do with that, and you can leave me and my chapter out of it.

I don't think anyone was attacking or ridiculing that mother. They were trying to point out to her that she had essentially shut the barn door after the horse got out. Could their tones have been different? Absolutely.

You still need to shut your trap and read more.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Isn't it nice that she's never identified her organization? She sits back and slams the underdog from her position of anonymity. So Panhellenic. I'm sure your sisters would be so proud. I just hope you are not an AOII!

AOII

Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
This is rich. I didn't bring up Alabama; you did. No one has tried to say there is anything wrong with SECglitter, including Titchou. There was no reason to bring a colonizing chapter from another university into the discussion EXCEPT to through it in Titchou's face. There are no colonizing chapters at UGA so it is completely irrelevant otherwise. Don't blame me for your classless lack of judgement. When I disagree with Titchou, I just say so, I don't attack her organization. Leave her sorority out of it.
Actually Titchou brought up Alabama.

Please point out where her organization has been attacked. Stating that a recolonizing organization pledges girls who have been released from recruitment is not an attack.

Rather, it is some of you who are imposing a negative view on pledging these girls with your characterization of this as an "attack."
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Please point out where her organization has been attacked. Stating that a recolonizing organization pledges girls who have been released from recruitment is not an attack.

Rather, it is some of you who are imposing a negative view on pledging these girls with your characterization of this as an "attack."
It has nothing to do with pledging women who may have been released from recruitment. It is about a pattern of bringing up DG specifically to slam Titchou. She never said that SECglitter or women who were released are not worthy of membership. You read that into her posts then threw her chapter's new colonization in her face and said, "betcha took a lot of women that got released from recruitment." What about this sequence of events was not a catty use of an innocent colony to get back at a GC member that you don't like? Seriously? You didn't post that with good intentions bc it was irrelevant to the situation at UGA. Quit pretending. We aren't dumb. We remember your prior ugly remarks about her chapter. There is a such thing as reading between the lines.

AOII

Old 08-31-2012, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Titchou brought up Alabama as a means of telling the OP that she is familiar with large, competitive recruitments.

You just don't like her and feel the need to bring up her chapter.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
It has nothing to do with pledging women who may have been released from recruitment. It is about a pattern of bringing up DG specifically to slam Titchou. She never said that SECglitter or women who were released are not worthy of membership. You read that into her posts then threw her chapter's new colonization in her face and said, "betcha took a lot of women that got released from recruitment." What about this sequence of events was not a catty use of an innocent colony to get back at a GC member that you don't like? Seriously? You didn't post that with good intentions bc it was irrelevant to the situation at UGA. Quit pretending. We aren't dumb. We remember your prior ugly remarks about her chapter. There is a such thing as reading between the lines.
Would be much appreciated if you quoted what I actually said instead.

If there is a vulnerable party on this thread, it is a young lady who is disappointed following her release from recruitment.

Not an organization. Not an alum.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, y'all. Ground rules: from now on, nobody mention any chapter in any disparaging way. Nobody make any digs, sly or open or whatever, at other posters either. I bet that SECglitter is hiding in terror somewhere.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If there is a vulnerable party on this thread, it is a young lady who is disappointed following her release from recruitment.

Not an organization. Not an alum.
Well, you're 100% right about that.

So why is it that you felt the need to bring up DG?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^

and read your posts before hitting send so that your tone (?) comes across....

GreekChat Member

GreekChat Member

Hartofsec: you can backpedal and try to put whatever spin you want on what you've posted. It's not working. The bottom line up front is that you've been called out on your isht by numerous GC posters of both genders and from multiple GLOs. You burned your butt, now you get to sit on the blister.

By the way, count me in that group, above. You need to stop. Your condescension is palpable.

to the OP: go get some popcorn and a soda and go sit up in the bleachers for a while. Perhaps the moderator(s) will edit out the offending posts in this thread (since they have a penchant for doing so), and you can come back, and we'll resume.

IBTL.

eta: HQ, xoxoxo to you for that great Panhell reminder.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Okay, y'all. Ground rules: from now on, nobody mention any chapter in any disparaging way. Nobody make any digs, sly or open or whatever, at other posters either. I bet that SECglitter is hiding in terror somewhere.
Please heed what carnation said and just let it lie or the thread will have to be closed.