GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,664
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aisabelamaarley
» Online Users: 1,405
0 members and 1,405 guests
No Members online

Old 04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Would a collegian even get an N'Sync reference? I mean... I was in high school when they started to break up. They would have been in elementary school?
I distinctly remember singing "Phi, Phi, Phi" during rush my sophomore year.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I don't think she's a collegian, she's an advisor (albeit probably a young one).

Quite frankly it sounds like they effed up when they raised total by 20 percent and didn't give the smaller chapters time to get up to it before formal. I also think a uc quota that's almost half of normal quota is just bizarre. I also think that any advisor (I'm referring to the woman the OP referenced who said they underinvited - in what context it doesn't really matter) who is daft enough to say ANYTHING about membership selection in a public forum should probably not be advising.

In other words this system is a hot ass mess.
If she's an advisor, she's ridiculously immature to be whining about any of it on a message board. I think a lot of us who post here and hold volunteer or paid positions within our organizations like to be a little more discrete about the goings ons of any specific chapter.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
I also think that any advisor (I'm referring to the woman the OP referenced who said they underinvited - in what context it doesn't really matter) who is daft enough to say ANYTHING about membership selection in a public forum should probably not be advising.

Based on the OP's level of outrage, though, that advisor could have said just about anything. I could see "our return rates were lower than we expected for upperclassmen" or "we have to rethink how we split invitations between freshmen and upperclassmen" or something like that. At a post-rush forum, talking about why you didn't make upperclassmen quota, it could just be that the advisor was admitting it was her chapter's problem, instead of blaming the new system.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think she's a collegian, she's an advisor (albeit probably a young one).

Quite frankly it sounds like they effed up when they raised total by 20 percent and didn't give the smaller chapters time to get up to it before formal. I also think a uc quota that's almost half of normal quota is just bizarre. I also think that any advisor (I'm referring to the woman the OP referenced who said they underinvited - in what context it doesn't really matter) who is daft enough to say ANYTHING about membership selection in a public forum should probably not be advising.

My guess is that she's a collegian - recruitment chair - or a very young advisor. And my guess is that the other advisor was not speaking in 'public' but among the other advisors/recruitment chairs or possibly even in personal conversation with the OP. Seeing that you're not going to meet UC quota would result in that conclusion, and in those meetings a lot of the pretense drops down. Regardless, I 'blame' the OP for repeating it more than the person for saying it. Were she privy to such conversations they're not supposed to be shared.

I don't think the system's likely all that bad. If quota increases next year most chapters should be at total after quota (and although the high UC quota is unusual, it seems like a high number of transfers/UC PNMs warrants it. If without it a few chapters were primarily receiving UC and with it, the spread is more even, well all the better.) Whether an active or an advisor, OP needs to grow up, and her eventual absence from the process - in lieu of her learning better - will solve more problems than not.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You know BSB and NKOTB are on tour together, right?
Yeah. Wanna meet up somewhere?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

At the corner of the "Right Stuff" and "Quit Playing Games with My Heart?"
Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

"Step By Step", somehow, we'll meet up because "I Want It That Way."
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

Dorks. The twos a ya.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ you're invited, you know. Always.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

Dorks. The threes a us.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I always thought in my heart of hearts you would be a BSB or NKOTB fan, DrPhil.

I'm going to try to give this effort "All I have to give."
Old 04-17-2011, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Idk, agzg...thinking about DrPhil's music knowledge (from past convos), I'm suspecting she's likin' BoyzIIMen but just too shy to say so, publicly. So I'm encouraging you, DrPhil...come on out, it's okay, you're among friends here.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh I already know she loves BoyzIIMen.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
At the corner of the "Right Stuff" and "Quit Playing Games with My Heart?"
Oh the memories

My sister was a huge NKOTB fan so their music is the first I heard growing up (she is 8 years older), and the BSB are the heroes of my teens. NSYNC not so much.

BSB is still the music of choice for tipsy-middle-of-the-night-dance-on-the-bar-karaoke
Old 04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned

1. BSB
2. BoyzIIMen
3. NKOTB