GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 1,416
0 members and 1,416 guests
No Members online

Old 09-01-2004, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

WOW! GreekGirl - what an impressive list! Like others have said, I hate to quibble in light of how hard you worked to produce the
list but....it should be Jacksonville University in Florida, not Jacksonville State University which is in Alabama... Thanks for your great research!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Northern Colorado
Quota = 16

Alpha Phi: 16
Alpha Omicron Pi: 4
Alpha Sigma Alpha: 16
Delta Zeta: 14
Sigma Kappa: 16
Old 09-01-2004, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

More Oklahoma State results:
KD-53
AXO- 46
ZTA- 49
Old 09-01-2004, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gphib_95

San Diego State University
September 7th-16th
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Phi
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Kappa
Alpha Epsilon (local)
Why did I think AEPhi had a colony establish at SDSU which I had presumed formed from Alpha Epsilon?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

fyi, the local sorority iota gamma upsilon also participates in formal rush at UMass-Amherst.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AEPhiSierra
Why did I think AEPhi had a colony establish at SDSU which I had presumed formed from Alpha Epsilon?
Because people keep on posting that it is an AEPhi colony but the last time everyone heard from the Panhellenic on campus the vote had not actually taken place.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:17 AM

UCF

Ok, here's the deal with UCF.

They used the new Panhellenic release figures. For some reason, I don't think it fit our campus well. A lot of this could be due to the hurricane causing recruitment to be set back about a week and a half.

Quota at UCF is usually in the high 60's/low 70's. This year, quota was 56 (although there's some confusion over the actual number...adpiucf heard a different number than I did). Now, I'm not sure if my information is 100% correct (it might not be) but I found out through my sisters who are still collegiate members that there were only a few houses that made quota: ZTA, TriDelta, AZD, ADPi and Pi Phi. I know for sure that these five houses made quota but as for the others, I think they were all pretty close to quota or maybe some made it and I just didn't hear about it. It's surprising because usually most our houses do make quota and the houses that don't are only a few PNMs short of quota. I heard a rumor that one sorority is in danger of losing their charter. And we're still supposed to be getting another sorority this fall and possibly one is spring!

Maybe a UCF collegiate member can fill us in on the details and what happened?

Last edited by ZTAngel; 09-05-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I just wondered if Muskingum College in Ohio had recruitment? I know they have a few local sororities, but I thought they had Alpha Sigma Alpha and Theta Phi Alpha there?
Old 09-03-2004, 05:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Correction...

DG at Texas State San Marcos took 25.

aj
Old 09-03-2004, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Quote:
I heard a rumor that one sorority is in danger of losing their charter.
Not to be mean, but if you don't know if the rumor is true or not, you shouldn't spread it. I know that you didn't name the chapter or anything, and I certainly don't know which chapter it is...but there are some people that will go find out and it just generally isn't a good idea unless you know for sure.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiShannan
I just wondered if Muskingum College in Ohio had recruitment? I know they have a few local sororities, but I thought they had Alpha Sigma Alpha and Theta Phi Alpha there?
Do you mean do they have it at all, or did they have it already? It's deferred till January. They do have rush, but it's not under NPC rules.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDaisy128
Not to be mean, but if you don't know if the rumor is true or not, you shouldn't spread it. I know that you didn't name the chapter or anything, and I certainly don't know which chapter it is...but there are some people that will go find out and it just generally isn't a good idea unless you know for sure.
Errr...which is why I didn't name the chapter or spread it? Spreading it would be like me saying, "XYZ is definitely losing their charter because of abc reasons."

It's actually not a rumor since I heard it from someone on pan exec and there's other reasons why that I won't get into. Maybe I shouldn't have started the sentance with "I heard a rumor".....

I'm sorry to have said anything. I didn't make the comment to be malicious as you may have thought. I made it to emphasis the flaws in our Greek system over the past few months. Only a few houses made quota, quota was much lower than it's been in years (although relatively the same number of girls went through recruitment this year), a house is in danger, and Panhellenic still wants to add on 2 more sororities in the next year.

Last edited by ZTAngel; 09-03-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
ZTAngel,
Does that mean that more houses will COB? Do you know any confirmations on houses with quota (i know you werent sure earlier but any updates?)

Kim
Old 09-03-2004, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BellaBerlee
ZTAngel,
Does that mean that more houses will COB? Do you know any confirmations on houses with quota (i know you werent sure earlier but any updates?)

Kim
Well, now that all my friends in Orlanado have fleed from the area (lol), I don't know if I'll get confirmation on all the numbers until sometime next week.

I'm guessing this will be that more houses will COB although I'm not entirely sure. I know there's a few collegiate UCF girls on GC that may have a better answer than me.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Phi Mu at Shorter--24 women!