GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,633
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, ajaksonttsoz851
» Online Users: 2,247
3 members and 2,244 guests
Mooch279, oncegreek

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Woohoo! for Emma. AuburnDad, it's quite enjoyable to read your perspective. From what you've written, Emma sounds like she's got a great attitude and it shows in her invites. Impressive. Keep us updated when you can. Best of luck to Emma (and to every other Auburn PNM, of course).

(just saw Cassie's news, woohoo! for her too!!!)

I know I should root for the Diamondbacks, but I'm a diehard Giants fan
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I am really thrilled for both young ladies going through recruitment right now. They are not even my daughters and I felt a deep relief that they both are feeling great up to this point. Whoo Hoo!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck to both ladies during recruitment! Parents, please keep the updates coming!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

My rec girl at AU is having a good time too! I don't want to say too much but she is excited about all of her parties today!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats Emma and Cassie! I'm waiting to hear from "Suzie", but since I'm in a different time zone I usually speak to her at the end of the day.....

GPhiB
Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so excited for both of them, and can't wait to hear how their recruitment turns out!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

Here at the 12 groups that Emma will be visiting today and tomorrow for the Philanthropy round. Other than the Diamondbacks, these are in no particular order of preference.

Diamondbacks
Blue Jays
Angels
Reds
Cubs
Giants
Pirates
Rays
Astros
Dodgers
Orioles
Cardinals

She will have lunch break, so I may hear from her then. She had some interesting insight on the impact of having or not having a rec letter which I will probably share later on tonight.

Carnation, with the next round of cuts, are the PNM's selections "true cuts", or like the first round, do you list all of the groups and then if you don't get your top 7, one or more of the others move up to replace those spots?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

If there are any girls reading this who are discouraged about not having a full slate like Emma and Cassie, do not despair - you can only receive 1 bid. You will be more rested and more able to focus on the parties you are invited to. Sometimes it is just a numbers game - and the girls that talked with you may have loved you, but you did not get to meet as many of the members as you needed (something completely out of your control). Do not give up. There will be a place for you where they will love and appreciate you and you will love them. Some of my daughter's favorite sisters are girls she did not meet until after bid day, as well. Hang in there!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnDad View Post

Carnation, with the next round of cuts, are the PNM's selections "true cuts", or like the first round, do you list all of the groups and then if you don't get your top 7, one or more of the others move up to replace those spots?
Lawgal tells me that these days, the PNMs only prioritize, not cut like back in the day. Therefore, if one of her top 12 cut her, number 13 would move into its place.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I am to ditto what Lawgirl said.

I know a young woman who went through rush at a competitive SEC school. After the first round, she received only one invitation to the second round. To best honest, she had neither positive or negative feelings about the chapter that invited her back.

She said she could withdraw from rush and take her chances with COB or go through rushing again in the second semester or the next year. She realized that the odds working in favor were slight if she decided to follow those paths.

She decided that she learn more about ABC sorority and decide if she would want to join that sorority if offered a bid. She attended the second round party at ABC, showing interest and asking questions; she said that she tried not to sound too enthusiastic or too eager so she would been seen as desparate.

She was invited back to the third round and preference night events. Needless to say she was offered a bid, which she accepted.

My friend said she had to weigh there options as well as her feelings. For her, the ABC house was pretty nice place, she felt she could live with the members (realizing that she couldn't expect to like everyone and that every member couldn't expected to like her) and that if she wanted a part of Greek life, ABC was the best option.

She added that her decisions might not be right for every young woman or man wanting to participate in Greek life
Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

For skit day (7 invites), all her invites would come from the 12 she attended for philanthropy - they will not go back to include the 5 she did not attend for philanthropy, so in that sense, there was a cut.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 3 Update

Emma sent a text message about today's parties.

The said that this round was more relaxed and more natural than the first round and the conversations were less awkward. However, she said that it was harder in some ways because now she sees some new things about some of the groups that cause her to like them more than she did yesterday.

Hopefully will have more later tonight.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

i am so happy for emma and cassie and hope they had(are having) a great time today.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Let's see, they go until about 6:30 tonight and then finish those parties at 11:30 AM tomorrow. Then they wait until the next morning to get their results, I guess, and leave right for the parties from there like they did today.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Boo for no White Sox. Rooting for the Cardinals just in spite of the Cubs.