GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,665
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aanneaeswifta59
» Online Users: 1,703
0 members and 1,703 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, TSteven, we were the 2nd party on their schedule on the very first day of recruitment.

Now that I think about it, what are the odds that they were both placed in the same Rho Chi rotation group? This was a large ACC university with hundreds of women going through rush. Maybe they had a student worker on the inside assisting with the prank...these were both well-known guys in the Greek Community and not members of the same frat, BTW.

The sisters in the chapter I currently advise say that the recruitment registration form our Panhel uses does not ask for gender, and it only asks PNMs to sign that they have never initiated into an NPC group. I guess it should ask about IFC membership, too....
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Sciencewoman, that's probably my new favorite story in this thread. That is HILAROUS!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

That story is hilarious. The Crazy 80s.

I wonder if that story would be different if done today. LOL.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Sciencewoman, tell me you are a Terp!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I am, Violetpretty...and your house was right next door!

Do you remember this story???!!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I love that story, Sciencewoman! Been seeing boys cross dress for fun since I was in 5th grade. But when my mom saw the boys dressed as girls for the fifth grade talent show, she immediately, without missing a beat, asked them whether their implants were silicone or saline. And I could see her doing that in this situation as well, given the opportunity! From these stories, I'm starting to think she gained her weird conversation coping skills through her sorority.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
I think Sciencewoman meant the third party of the day.
Ha, sorry.. This is what I meant, but clearly I worded it wrong!

If I thought they had made it to the third round of recruitment, I would have said they deserve a prize or something! Lol

@~/~~~~
Old 08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, no one would have invited them back for further rounds.

Because they didn't have recs.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

How has this wonderful thread been allowed to wither?!

I don't have any incredibly weird stories I ran recall right now, just one slightly confusing girl. This was during the first round, and this girl was very sweet, though her outfit definitely didn't go with the typical UGA rush style of sundress and cute sandals. Her outfit was very craftsy-looking, and she also had a very large crossbody bag that was all sorts of patchwork. Her hair and makeup weren't particularly done either, kind of messy, plain I suppose. Of course there are always some girls who come through that don't want to dress up and be super-primped even though most other girls take that route. The strange thing about the girl was that she was talking about how much she loved fashion! How she wanted to major in fashion merchandising and design clothing and just how into fashion she was. Trying to find common ground, I said how I loved looking at all the runway shows on Style.com and she had no idea what I was talking about. I turned the conversation to all the great boutiques and vintage stores in Athens and she seemed totally uninterested.
So, a not-very-fashionably dressed girl who says she loves fashion but doesn't want to talk about runway fashion or clothes shopping. Ooooookay, let me just tell you about Greek life then... Maybe she just thought mentioning fashion would make her more appealing to sororities, or maybe she's just kind of clueless, no idea. She seemed nice though. She didn't end up in my sorority, but I hope she found her home somewhere.

Edited to remove rush year; Don't want the girl to be identified if someone else happens to remember her
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps my stories are not as entertaining as the other but here they are.

We had a girl rush. Whenever asked a question about liking something she replied with "No". After trying to find out something to talk about a sister asked her what she liked to do for fun she replied "Pretty much anything, I enjoy everything"......right

Another rush was wearing clothing that was clearly from goodwill. It was so bad she smelled like a used clothing store. You would think she would have a friend to borrow a dress from or at least find a way to minimize the smell.

Last edited by Roselove; 02-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselove View Post
We had a girl rush with wearing glasses! I know some people cant wear contacts but you would think she would at least have taken them off for rush.
Hmmm...

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
We had a girl rush with wearing glasses! I know some people cant wear contacts but you would think she would at least have taken them off for rush.
They were not flattering to her face as well.

Wait, what? What part of the country (or maybe what planet) are you from where glasses are a fashion faux pas?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Perhaps my stories are not as entertaining as the other but here they are.

Another rush was wearing clothing that was clearly from goodwill. It was so bad she smelled like a used clothing store. You would think she would have a friend to borrow a dress from or at least find a way to minimize the smell. Whenever asked a question about liking something she replied with "No". After trying to find out something to talk about a sister asked her what she liked to do for fun she replied "Pretty much anything, I enjoy everything"......right
QFP

interesting first post on GC.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Maybe she actually wanted to see? One of my good friends specifically chose to wear her glasses to pref night. She told me afterwards that she did it because she didn't want to join a sorority that wouldn't give a bid to a girl who wore glasses. I always thought that was sort of crazy-who would think twice about a girl wearing glasses during recruitment? Apparently not.

Last edited by KD4Me; 02-04-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Okay, for real, is this a regional thing? In my neck of the woods, people wear glasses as a fashion accessory. Personally, I see better with contacts, but sometimes wear my glasses for a different look, and I have friends who wear glasses with non-corrective lenses. The idea of them being something to avoid is really strange to me.