GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,639
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, JohnnieMah
» Online Users: 1,007
0 members and 1,007 guests
No Members online

Old 12-13-2014, 05:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to bed way early last night, and woke up about an hour ago. I'm watching National Geographic and they're talking about how lions raise their young. Earlier they were talking about dolphins. I think we're the only mammals where it takes 18-years and then some for our kids to become adults. I'm posting this over here because every date I've gone on and every relationship I've been in, they all want kids. I don't want kids. If our kids became adults in 2-years, I'd be all for it Lol. Just the first 5-years seems like it would be a headache.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I think we're the only mammals where it takes 18-years and then some for our kids to become adults.
I know it's not the point of your post, but baby elephants stay with their moms for 16 years on average. So, you could be stuck with this instead:

Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRose1912 View Post
I know it's not the point of your post, but baby elephants stay with their moms for 16 years on average. So, you could be stuck with this instead:

Human babies and toddlers are more annoying. The mother elephant doesn't have to wake up at 2am to crying and a pair of shitty Huggies. Lol
Old 12-13-2014, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I went to bed way early last night, and woke up about an hour ago. I'm watching National Geographic and they're talking about how lions raise their young. Earlier they were talking about dolphins. I think we're the only mammals where it takes 18-years and then some for our kids to become adults. I'm posting this over here because every date I've gone on and every relationship I've been in, they all want kids. I don't want kids. If our kids became adults in 2-years, I'd be all for it Lol. Just the first 5-years seems like it would be a headache.
Yep. I don't want kids, either. At least not right now. That's why when I was dating, I would make it perfectly clear that I may or may not want kids. And I would say that I was leaning more towards not having any. That could change in the future, but I'm 31 years old, and I'm not getting any younger, so I doubt I'll change my mind. I dunno, I just like traveling and going places where it's just my husband and I. Kids would be too much of a change.
Quote:
Human babies and toddlers are more annoying. The mother elephant doesn't have to wake up at 2am to crying and a pair of shitty Huggies. Lol
lol
Hilarious! I hear ya. However, in the wild, the mother is awake most of the day and night in order to protect her young from predators. But the dirty diapers are part of the reason I don't want any kids, lol.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I dunno, I just like traveling and going places where it's just my husband and I. Kids would be too much of a change.
This! If I was married, I wouldn't want to have any kids to worry about either. They cost too much money, too. Hell, for the price of a 6-month supply of Similac, I could go on a cruise and back Lol. I couldn't deal with those hormone changes either. That would drive me up a wall.
Quote:
But the dirty diapers are part of the reason I don't want any kids, lol.
CG, you and I are >here<. I think part of the problem is people are preprogrammed to believe that after marriage, they're supposed to have kids. Kids aren't even cute to me like most people think. I'll see a kid in the carriage grinning at me and instead of saying "Hey there little guy"... I just kind of blow the kid off and continue doing what I'm doing. I think most people think they're supposed to say "Awww, hey there little guy." And make funny "Snook, snook, snook, stch, stch." Noises.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Phrozen, a good example of why I'm glad I don't have any kids is tonight. If Mr. and I had kids, we would not be at the football game right now watching my Vikings kick butt and take names.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Phrozen, a good example of why I'm glad I don't have any kids is tonight. If Mr. and I had kids, we would not be at the football game right now watching my Vikings kick butt and take names.
Who took names???
Old 12-14-2014, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh wait... The Vikings lost Lol.

Does your husband want kids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Who took names???
Lol
Old 12-15-2014, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This! If I was married, I wouldn't want to have any kids to worry about either. They cost too much money, too. Hell, for the price of a 6-month supply of Similac, I could go on a cruise and back Lol. I couldn't deal with those hormone changes either. That would drive me up a wall.

CG, you and I are >here<. I think part of the problem is people are preprogrammed to believe that after marriage, they're supposed to have kids. Kids aren't even cute to me like most people think. I'll see a kid in the carriage grinning at me and instead of saying "Hey there little guy"... I just kind of blow the kid off and continue doing what I'm doing. I think most people think they're supposed to say "Awww, hey there little guy." And make funny "Snook, snook, snook, stch, stch." Noises.
So when you kicked it with that previous date you were with, you faked the funk about her kids but in reality you didn't give two shits about those kids lol. You played Madden with one kid to make it look like you liked kids. Typical Alpha. While I'm joking, I hear y'all on those bad ass kids. Talk about a headache.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

If I marry again I'd like him to have adult children. The next guy on deck has 2 adult children and 1 young one. It's ok but makes scheduling a hassle.

In other news I woke up this morning to Voodoo Child. What else can I ask?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally can't wait to have children someday. If I wasn't married by my late 30s I would definitely adopt. I guess part of it is that I don't have a huge family and I have always wanted one, so I want to provide my children with the opportunity to have that.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Who took names???

Quote:
Oh wait... The Vikings lost Lol.

Quote:
Does your husband want kids?
Yes
Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
So when you kicked it with that previous date you were with, you faked the funk about her kids but in reality you didn't give two shits about those kids lol. You played Madden with one kid to make it look like you liked kids. Typical Alpha. While I'm joking, I hear y'all on those bad ass kids. Talk about a headache.
I wouldn't say all that. The older kid was cool. I don't mind them when they're around 8 and older. It's the babies and "terrible twos" I run from.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

If people didn't have kids because 2 year olds suck, the population would die off.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wouldn't say all that. The older kid was cool. I don't mind them when they're around 8 and older. It's the babies and "terrible twos" I run from.
Bruh, you're seeing it through the prism of "somebody else's kid." I guarantee if it was your kid you'd have a whole different perspective. lol

I've found that parenting has taught me as much about myself as what I'm trying to give them.
~ Luke 19:10