GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576
» Online Users: 1,211
1 members and 1,210 guests
No Members online

Old 10-07-2013, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOleMiss View Post
I just keep thinking of that DISTURBING article that recently came out in WSJ (I think) about parents now accompanying their "children" on JOB INTERVIEWS and answering questions for them... Perhaps she thought she would just handle daughters rush conversations for her...

Seriously WTF.... (too both)

YES PLEASE try and find out MP... I need more laughter in my life :-)
Here ya go! Maybe not the article you're referring to, but there are plenty of helicopter parents hard at work!

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=136087

@~/~~~~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-07-2013, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

The first day of rush for us was open houses at all the sororities. At Alpha Xi Delta, one of their sisters, Pam Paugh, was Miss West Virginia 1980 and was away at the Miss America pageant during rush that year. Her sister was Miss West Virginia 1977 Patsy Paugh, an AXD at another school ... now better known as the late Patsy Ramsey, mother of the late JonBenet Ramsey.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I would bet money that the Wannabe PNM Mom DID try to crash her daughter's group! Gotta love the idea of a mom who thought she could pass as an 18 yr old college girl
If she could pass for an 18 year old pnm, lots of women might be begging her for the name and number of her plastic surgeon and/or dermatologist
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks ASTalumna06 meant to look for the link to the story and post last night and forgot. I once had a very angry mother call me to "discuss" her daughter's (my PA) "unfair" annual review where I noted the girl's inability to think and perform independently. I was then accused of "ruining this girls life" and "ruining her chances at getting into a decent grad school".... I politely informed the mother that she had managed to do those things all by herself....
Old 10-08-2013, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOleMiss View Post
I once had a very angry mother call me to "discuss" her daughter's (my PA) "unfair" annual review where I noted the girl's inability to think and perform independently.
Oh, the irony.

@~/~~~~
Old 10-19-2013, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so glad I was able to find this thread again! I love these stories.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

A young woman tried introducing herself during pre-recruitment events as Lucifer and included "stealing souls" in her list of hobbies.
"To bind its members with a tie of true and lasting friendship..."

Last edited by AXEling; 10-19-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEling View Post
A young woman tried introducing herself during pre-recruitment events as Lucifer and included "stealing souls" in her list of hobbies.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hey, maybe some GLO is looking for a little Wiccan diversity in their sisterhood
Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet she was totally forced into registering for rush by her mom.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She's a shoo-in for chairing the new Haunted House philanthropy event!

With my sense of humor, I probably would have told her as much right after the introduced herself.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

We had one rush at the last college where I taught. She wore purple robes and liked to widen her eyes when she was talking so that you frequently saw the whites around her irises. Eeee. That was the last year that they had all locals and the administration forced the locals to take everyone. The group that "won" her was way upset.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

This happened nearly a decade ago but at MSU there is one chapter that is known for praying with or over girls at pref parties about the decision they have to make. I truly liked this sorority and had lots of friends in it during college, but prayer was just WAY too much for me with a girl I barley knew! Anyway, at the pref party I attended there one girl offered to pray with another PNM and the PNM replied that she was Catholic and would prefer to pray the rosary instead. The active had no idea what to do, but I though it was HILARIOUS. The PNM told me later that she was turned off by the religion talk and went to another sorority. Good point though: especially nowadays when more diverse girls are going through rush you can't assume they are religious!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUpink&blue View Post
This happened nearly a decade ago but at MSU there is one chapter that is known for praying with or over girls at pref parties about the decision they have to make. I truly liked this sorority and had lots of friends in it during college, but prayer was just WAY too much for me with a girl I barley knew! Anyway, at the pref party I attended there one girl offered to pray with another PNM and the PNM replied that she was Catholic and would prefer to pray the rosary instead. The active had no idea what to do, but I though it was HILARIOUS. The PNM told me later that she was turned off by the religion talk and went to another sorority. Good point though: especially nowadays when more diverse girls are going through rush you can't assume they are religious!
They still do that. They do that at one chapter here too.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Hey, maybe some GLO is looking for a little Wiccan diversity in their sisterhood
Wiccan =/= Lucifer or anything Satanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
They still do that. They do that at one chapter here too.

Then again, I guess if that's how they roll, I'd rather know before I signed my bid card.