GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,586
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, AIHAnderso
» Online Users: 1,704
1 members and 1,703 guests
fmanning

Old 11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
The 2004-05 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball Season Thread

Okay, basketball season is getting closer and closer. So let's post about the season.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-09-2004, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

My boys (UConn) ranked #8 coming off their second championship. Rudy Gay is going to be out of control this year - I could see him going one-and-done to the NBA, but hopefully he'll have a big season while the Huskies still have him. They're already talking about him in as the next in line of great UConn swingmen (Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, etc.).

Villanueva should show much improvement over last year; he's really a nightmare matchup, with his size and shooting ability. Everyone around UConn is saying he could average around 20 a game this year; I'm not ready to say that, but I think he'll be an All-Big East pick when all is said and done.

If Rashard Anderson and Dedham Brown shoot well and the Josh Boone/Hilton Armstrong combo can help control the inside, UConn could go far in the NCAA's.

On a somewhat different note, this should be the year Calhoun gets into the Hall of Fame. He built two programs (Northeastern with Reggie Lewis and UConn), has won two national titles, and consistently gets UConn into the Sweet 16 in the tourney. He turned a mediocre state school into a national power. He revived a program that had been dormant since the 1960's. With the number of wins and quality of team he's put out on the court for so long, no way they can deny him entrance to the Hall this year.

With the way the Yankees' season ended, and now with Michael Strahan out for the season for the Giants, I could use some good sports news.

(And yes, I know I went to Boston University, but I grew up in CT, thus my being a UConn fan)
Old 11-11-2004, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
We should have a good season. Our toughest game would be at Texas. I have to admit, the Longhorns are a pretty good team. Keeep your eye on Rodney Carney, Sean Banks, and Arthur Barclay. Those are the big three that will carry the Tigers this season.

As far as the women are concerned, we have a new coach, Blair Savage. She replaced Joye Lee McNelis, who is now coaching at one of our rival schools, Southern Mississippi. It should be interesting season for both the men and women.