GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,177
1 members and 2,176 guests
zannapetrov2388

Old 09-19-2009, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Info on Phi Sigma Pi

Just looking for any information on the Phi Sigma Pi "Fraternity/Honor Society."

How does Phi Sigma Pi fit in on different campuses and also with the other fraternitites?

Do others view this more as a Fraternity or maybe even a Sorority considering it is for both males and females?

Overall, just please give me your thoughts on this organization. Is it legit, or a waste of time?

All opinions greatly appreciated!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Google works wonders.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha. Sorry, I just clicked the title because I'm also looking at it for my school, but I found that link you just posted funny.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
So, I see that Knight_shadow kindly referred you to google, but I shall add my thoughts.

Joining Phi Sigma Pi was the best decision I ever made. I made the best friends in my pledge class and was able to take on responsibility within the chapter after initiation. We had socials, scholarship events, fund raisers, service projects, big/lils--just about anything your typical sorority/fraternity would have including secret rituals, grips, & entry words.

I loved it--and still do. Join if you get an offer, join. But, my chapter was very selective, so don't think you're automatically going to be asked to pledge.

Best of luck! Any questions--ask me!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

We're not really on the Greek Life radar as it were (so to 'them' we're more a Society than Fraternity). We don't take part in any Greek Life activities (like Greek Life, etc).

Internally, we defiantly consider ourselves a Fraternity. As AlwaysSAI mentioned, we do basically everything a "real" Fraternity does. We have Big/Littles, fund-raising, philanthropic, brother bonding, scholarship (hey we're an honors fraternity), etc events. But we also party like socials. Usually its with ourselves, but occasionally we would 'mix' with other groups that were in similar situation like us (for example Alpha Phi Omega - service Fraternity)

I pledged PSP the second semester at school. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone considering it. It helped get me involved on campus. I got to meet a lot of unique people I wouldn't have hung out with other wise. A lot of good times.

When I started I was a shy little kid who went to class, then basically come home & study/hang out with a few guys on the floor. When I graduated, I was anything but - often had days starting at 8am, and wouldn't get a chance to step into my room until midnight, when it would be time to get homework done, socialize with my residents, and get some sleep so I could do it all over again. I had the honor of serving as President, and helping to revitalize two different organizations, I was an active member in several others, worked as a Resident Assistant, known and well respected by all of my professors, and administration from various departments, etc. I would like to credit PSP with helping me get out of my shell, and get involved on campus in various little ways that eventually helped to get me where I ended up.

I also had the amazing opportunity to help re-colonize a social Fraternity on campus. So when I said "they" don't consider us a real 'fraternity', I have first hand knowledge. Though my Fraternity (Kappa Sigma) was 'forced' to acknowledge our presence a little more than the average as I was rather active in the chapter's founding and we had 2 others who were also involved with Phi Sigma Pi, and a few others who were involved with other organizations.

Last edited by gruber_KS; 10-27-2009 at 11:25 PM.