GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,504
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, ellaussd8014
» Online Users: 2,535
0 members and 2,535 guests
No Members online

Old 01-18-2003, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I myself have never really met anyone famous, but seem to know a lot of people who have. The closest I have ever come to meeting one was when Norv Turner (formerly a Redskins coach, now somewhere else but I forget where) nearly ran me over in a mall parking lot

My boyfriend's sister has interviewed Joan Jett and Dave Grohl. Also one of his other sisters was good friends with a pro football player's daughter (but I forget his name, you can see I know zero about football... he was pretty famous though... he's the one that drunkenly said something stupid to Sandra Day O'Connor) so they all knew him. My dad met Christian Slater on a plane, and the band Korn in an airport. And I don't know if this counts, but my grandfather knew the guy that Mel Gibson played in "We Were Soldiers" because... well, that was his unit in Vietnam. Oh, and one of my roommates in college's fiance is a cousin of Michael Tucker, a lesser-known pro baseball player. Also a good friend of mine is Greg Maddux's (sp?) cousin.

Maybe one day I'LL actually meet someone famous
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-18-2003, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Quote:
Originally posted by KappaStargirl

KappaStarboy is mildly famous...he was on an episode of "The Golden Girls" when he was a kid. There was an episode where Rose takes Dorothy and Blanche to a kiddie hot-dog restaurant for Dorothy's birthday, and he played one of the kids that was celebrating his birthday that same day (the character's name was Bobby Spina, he had red curly hair...still does ). There was an annoying clown in the scene, and Dorothy wanted to smash her cake in his face, but she didn't...that honor went to KSB.

I never believed that he had really done an episode of "The Golden Girls" until I visited his parents house and saw the picture of him with Bea Arthur and Betty White. He told me Betty White is very sweet, and that Estelle Getty thought he was really cute because KSB told her that his grandfather had a crush on her.
I KNOW THE EXACT EPISODE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!
HE HIT MR. HAHA IN THE FACE WITH THE PIE?!??!?! I always thought that was Ben Savage!! HOW COOL!

Sorry, but that's one of my GG scenes ever!! "I'll rip your heart out, HaHa!" LMAO!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

George W. Bush during his Presidential campaign.

I played blackjack with Lance Bass one night four about an hour and didn't know who he was until he left. (My sister was pretty pissed I didnt' get an autograph for her.)

Country singers:
Alabama
Dixie Chicks
Lonestar
Kenny Chesney
Darryl Singletary
Vince Gill
Steve Wariner
Toby Keith
Phil Vassar
Kenny Rogers
Dixie Chicks
Rodney Carrington
Clint Black
Collin Raye
Brad Paisley
Mark Wills
Terri Clark
Darryl Worley
Cletus T Judd
Trace Adkins
Mindy McCready
Montgomery Gentry
Little Jimmy Dickens
Tracy Byrd
SHeDaisy
Tracy Lawrence
Sherrie Austin
Brother Phelps
Naomi Judd
Brad Paisley
Chely Wright
Sara Evans
Lee Ann Womack
Lonestar
Alan Jackson
Phil Vassar
Bill Anderson
John Conlee
Jack Greene
George Hamilton IV
Jimmy C. Newman
Jeanne Pruett
Johnny Russell
Jeannie Seely
Pam Tillis
Porter Wagoner

Judge Mills Lane

Russel Crowe

Mark McGuire, Ozzie Smith, Fernando Tatis, Whitey Herzog, Tony Larussa and a ton of other Cardinals.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
i've met... muhammad ali... .dan marino...minnie driver....

a bunch of notre dame players....

and i met everybody who played for the hurricanes and butch davis (coach)in 1993, so... i know some of them went pro, i dont remember which ones...

my dad met uma thurman and didnt know who she was...lol.. he's also met sly stallone and madonna...
Old 01-18-2003, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
one of my sigkap sisters worked on the x-files tv show and got to know david duchoveny pretty well. now she's working on some movie that renee zellweger is in. she says renee is awesome.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 01-18-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I have Met Kelly Gruber, former 3rd basman for the Toronto Blue Jays (now that was back in the day) and I met Curtis Joseph and Edge from WWE.

She is't famous famous, but I'm pretty sure Canadians will know who I'm talking about. I met Laura Bertram from the Canadian tv show Ready or Not. She played Amanda Zimm. She was a student at Guelph and I believe graduated a year or 2 ago. She's now on the tv show Andromeda.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fewdfreak
I met two guys from O-Town this summer. My friends and I were sitting at the tables on the sidewalk of this coffee shop and it's across the street from this big hotel. O-Town was doing a concert that night, and bunches of tour buses kept driving by, but we didn't think anything of it. We were looking over across the street near the Bennigins and there was this fine looking guy that was talking to some girls. My friend was like "That would be hella funny if that was O-Town or something." and we're like "Yeah, but it's not." So a little bit later we are walking around and we see this really fine guy with dreds and we go up and talk to him, we were all like "Yeah, I think we saw one of the guys from O-Town, he was kinda hot." and the guy was like "Yeah, he has a girlfriend." and then my friend is talking with him and he was like "Do you guys like O-Town?" and we are like "No, they are so fake, blah, blah, blah, Making the Band is stupid..." and he is like "I'm Jacob from O-Town" we didn't believe him, and what I guess what some roadie comes up and corroberates and then Dan, who was the guy that we saw earlier that we didn't think could be him, comes up and talks to us. We tell him our names and my friend gets him and Jacob to sign her dollar, and I get us all in a picture with them. Then they leave. I guess I wouldn't really consider them 'celebrities' but that is the most famous, if you will, people I've met.

One girl I went to high school with went up to 112's room when they came in to town, and supposedly got drunk with them. She's got pictures of her in their room so, hmm...
Old 01-19-2003, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chioangel83

George Harrison...he had a house in a town near mine.

What was he like? I'm a HUGE beatles fan.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I got hit on by "Chunk" from the Goonies movie. When we went to LA a year ago, he is now a lawyer in LA and not so chunkier anymore. He seemed nice, but not quite my type. We met him, after my friend met another lawyer in the same firm. They were ll out at Skybar celebrating their law firm's anniversary. They were leaving in a limo to go to the House of Blues and invited us with, but we declined. But I always wonder what would've happened if we had gone with. We also met someone with a minor role on ER.

I interviewed the country band Montgomery Gentry for my college newspaper and got to see Lone Star a few feet away. They were very nice and very Kentuckyish ( which is an awesome thing since they remind me of family) and I went into their tour bus.

Met Counting Crows at a meet and greet, and met various people from the Real World series'

And I have meet brass in Illinois and Missourri Govt if you consider them celebs.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I've met:
El and James DeBarg back in the 80s. I was about 16 and they tried to convince me and my cousin to go upstairs to their hotel room after a concert! Child molestors! LOL
Cicily Tyson
Magic Johnson--gave him a tour of my college when he was a spokesperson for UNCF
Adriene Johnson--the mother on Baby Boy--pre famous days--we went to college together
Bill Cosby--when they were filming the Hillman College episodes of the Cosby Show
George Raveling (former head basketball coach of --I think--USC-- may it was UCLA??)--introduced him at a banquet that he was doing for my father's hs basketball team
Chris Tucker

Other random sports stars as well....
Old 01-20-2003, 04:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TaraHopeful
i met Kid from Kid n play at a comedy club in little rock...he was totally funny and we talked for like a half hour after te show..super nice guy. A.J. from the backstreet boys went to my elementary school so i met him but before he was famous...um, i think thats it...haha I'm related to Alan Jackson but i havent ever met him. . My family says he's a real dick so i really dont want to meet him anyways...
Old 01-25-2003, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

if we are talking about people we are related to but have never met, well i have one for that. i'm related to george bush. my grandfather's sister (so my great aunt) is george w. bush's aunt. she married into the bush family, george sr.'s brother.
hope my explaination is semi clear.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 01-28-2003, 06:46 PM
cutiepatootie

Who i met and knew

I went to high School with Cuba Gooding Jr ...... In Apple valley , California. I can say i knew him when...

I met John Wayne. My grand dad was and is a Master mason and a Shriner here in So California and he and John Wayne were shriners together ( the shrine autotorium where the award shows are at)

My uncle use to be a Country DJ way back in the 80s and early 90s. I have met Alabama, George Strait, Reba, and Garth Brooks.

I was on a plane once from OKC, Ok to California and the guy who made titantic( James Cameron) was 3 rows ahead of me and i got his autograph...

Laura
Old 01-28-2003, 07:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
I meet Walter from the O'jays when I used to work at a record shop.

Bones, Thugs-n-Harmony at a Big Boy Restaurant.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

two girls i'm going to meet probably are mary-kate and ashley olsen. they are going to be attending miami u of ohio in the fall. random

shelley j
sigma k