GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,504
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, ellaussd8014
» Online Users: 2,378
1 members and 2,377 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 06-06-2005, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I met the fugees when they were still a trio...I hope they squash their drama and come back(and not just for a surprise concert like the dave chappelle show)

-I also met Malik Yoba

-The comedian "Red"(seen on Bet's Comicview)

-Deion Sanders

-Frank Ski(former 92Q(WERQ FM) DJ in Baltimore, who is now heard in Atlanta)

-some Real World cast members when they visited my college(Their names escape me but I know they were from the Seattle and New Orleans cast

-That's it
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2005, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha mc lyte *club regular*
queen latifah *club regular*
Ooooooooh you puttin bidness out there!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha rashid darden *lol*
Awwwww.

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha heather hunter *she's actually a homie*
Oh WOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha morris day *most memorable*
PLEASE tell us more!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to krystle
So I dont think that people from "Real World/Road Rules" really constitute as famous people, but we can pretend. And if we're counting them then I met Mike & Coral ( Back to NY ), Chris ( Chicago - he's an amazing artist and from the Boston area ) & Landon ( Philly - yeah, me and my sorority sisters practically stalked him in Jamaica. oops ).

And then I've met Rudy. Yes, the Rudy of the movie fame. The real one, not the actor.

And then all the boys from Ingram Hill, Hanson & Ben Jelen.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

So far I've only met Ralph Macchiao (the Karate Kid and I spelled the last name wrong). Although I do have autographs for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.

I'm hoping to meet some of my famous alums this month at convention, so we shall see.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
I live 12 miles south of the Des Moines airport, so during Iowa Caucuses we are crawling with politicians, supporting celebrities and the reporting press crews wanting photo ops in "rural farmlands" of Iowa.

You name the presidential candidate since 1992, and I have probably shaken hands with them AND their celebrities talking crews. seriously...it is WAY cool fun during caucuses . Last big caucus event I got to chat environment with Carol King. (my kids were like "who?" sigh)

I also went to HS with Harry Blackstone III and hung out with him cause he was a theater geek too at Redlands HS, Redlands CA in the mid 1970s. I met his late father (who was a very cool guy...and really tall!)

I was a guest on Oprah Winfrey .

My daughter went to HS with Joel West (the tv personality/former model) and Casey Blake (3rd baseman for the Cleveland Indians). Met both of them around our home town.

I guess I am not really star struck...cause I I know there are bunches more of encounters but none really stand out (or maybe I am just too tired tonight to think).
Old 06-07-2005, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha

a picture taking at my birthday party in February!

Heather and Babs

about morris day. my LS and i went to a concert in jacksonville where he was performing with jerome benton and the Time.

somehow my LS caught his drummers attention and next thing you know we are in VIP drinking campagne and doing the Bird. Morris Day up close wears more make up then my girlfriend. but he has freckles that are cute and mr jerome benton is a fool. he had us laughing all nite cracking jokes. needless to say, we had a good time.

i have other scandelous stories to tell involving mr montell jordan, a hot tub and 2 females.

Last edited by MaMaBuddha; 06-07-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ian Rosenberger, before he was famous.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama

I just ran into VAL AND DAVE tonight at Dinner. They are on a show called Junkin on TurnerSouth.

I don't live in a city where you run into "TV Stars" ever. My father and my husband and I were eating dinner.

I looked at the table next to us and there they were. I was star struck. My husband asked me if I wanted to get their autograph. I didn't want to bother them. But, he said that it couldn't hurt to ask.

So, I got him to ask them if they would mind giving me their autograph and they happily said no. ( I guess they aren't so HUGE that they would be rude) Anyway, after they were getting ready to go they came over to my table and gave me their autograph.

I was impressed but I called a few people I know and they didn't know the show, so, I thought I would tell yall at greekchat.

Cool Huh?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedMusiq4U Send a message via Yahoo to RedMusiq4U
I met Stevie Wonder, Whoopi Goldberg, Kirk Franklin, Shirley Caesaer (sp!), Billy Crystal and The ex-lead singer from Sugar Ray when they came for the Special Olympics back in 2000 (I was a flag handler during the opening ceremonies). I saw Tony Danza this past April in Manhattan @ the Reebok Gym near Juliard 66th and Broadway I believe.......
Old 07-20-2021, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

[Since this very old Famous People You Have Met GC thread is stickied to the bottom of a much more recent GC thread, it's being continued instead of becoming a brand new thread.]

One greek-lettered woman I intentionally met was Susan Diane Akin, Miss America 1986. She was signing autographs, upon individual polaroids taken same-day of her with each visitor, at a local Sears.

My selfish reason for meeting her: I was curious as to her University of Mississippi Greek-letter affiliation, but in the days before the internet that type of information was sometimes impossible to discern.

Susan was amicably chatting briefly with each visitor as their pics were being taken, dried, and autographed. She was absolutely polished, professional and oh, so very pretty! Her answer to my polite inquiry of her Greek-letter affiliation was, of course, Pi Beta Phi.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.