GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 1,709
0 members and 1,709 guests
No Members online

Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
I would like to think that my photo ended up, in a least one case, like the scene in Animal House where they flash up Kent Dorfman's photo and people throw stuff at it.
LOL...I love that scene! My daughter's Bid Day was today and my Zeta sister and her PIKA husband decided to watch Animal House while we were waiting to hear from her. We were talking on the phone during this scene.

This scene is probably why they feel the need to say they're for the "scrapbook" instead of membership selection. If that's the real purpose, that is.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
UGA Rush - 1993: We had to submit 18 physical copies of our photo with our application - which was a hassle. But with so many of us going through, they had to have them for each house.

Nowadays, I hear they take a digital photo of the girl when she signs in at registration - which generally is right after the girl has spent the day moving into her dorm room in the August heat. On the upside, it's a recent photo and the hair color/length are grounded in reality.

I would like to think that my photo ended up, in a least one case, like the scene in Animal House where they flash up Kent Dorfman's photo and people throw stuff at it.

I may have gone Greek thinking it would be more like Animal House than it was.

You have so made my day! That is one of my favorite scenes from Animal House.

That and...

Hoover: I… state your name
Pledges: I... state your name
Hoover: do hereby pledge allegiance to the frat.
Pledges: do hereby pledge allegiance to the frat.
Hoover: With liberty and fraternity for all
Pledges: Amen!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

At my college, the first night of recruitment we had meetings with our Rho Gammas. Before we left, we were handed a dry erase board. We had to write our first and last name on the board and get a picture. The pictures were given to the groups on campus to help remember who we were. I think it would have been weird to just take pictures of the PNM's as they were at the party.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
At my college, the first night of recruitment we had meetings with our Rho Gammas. Before we left, we were handed a dry erase board. We had to write our first and last name on the board and get a picture. The pictures were given to the groups on campus to help remember who we were.
My school did this as well.

One chapter at my school walked around and took pictures during day 1 parties. As a PNM, it really creeped me out, but that may have been due to the fact that I knew my rusher prior to recruitment and it was a woman that did not like me, so I was already uncomfortable being in the room to begin with.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Perhaps the girls on Panhellenic council can suggest that in the future, PNMs must submit a photo* with their recruitment application (*or how every many chapters there on your campus). Then the chapter that takes photos at the parties wouldn't need to take their own photos.
That might not work at her campus because

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1991 View Post
My school is a fairly large commuter school and we do not have a terribly large Greek system. We also don't normally get recommendation letters/pictures of PNMs for recruitment.
Asking for pictures and all that ahead of time may put women off from rushing (I'm guessing lots of girls decide to go through at the last minute).