GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,503
0 members and 1,503 guests
No Members online

Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
Clearly not enough sense to become royalty themselves, correct?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Clearly not enough sense to become royalty themselves, correct?
Hmmm . . . to my way of thinking, Greek royalty are those who've got their letters, not those who merely aspire to them.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Hmmm . . . to my way of thinking, Greek royalty are those who've got their letters, not those who merely aspire to them.
And a foreign Royal is still of a higher station than a native commoner.

Now, someone fetch me my tea and biscuits.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Who said 'Greek royalty'? Perfect example of what I was talking about. When peasants attempt to interfere with royalty, they simply become... 'misguided'. Shame. But thank you for completely changing the meaning of my analogy in an attempt to make a snide remark. Just what I needed.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Who said 'Greek royalty'? Perfect example of what I was talking about. When peasants attempt to interfere with royalty, they simply become... 'misguided'. Shame. But thank you for completely changing the meaning of my analogy in an attempt to make a snide remark. Just what I needed.
Royals do not need to remind anyone that they are royals. They have people that do that for them.

In other words, methinks thou dost try too hard to be important instead of just being.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
When peasants attempt to interfere with royalty, they simply become... 'misguided'.
I suggest you read "The Emperor's New Clothes," and perhaps you'll see that no one is attempting to interfere with royalty. They're just calling it like they see it.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

A few general questions for everyone who has replied to on this post:

Why so uptight/protective/sensitive about your organizations? I completely understand something holding importance to you, but the only thing I'd get as defensive as some of you are over is my family and my God. Even as proud woman of the United States Air Force, I could never imagine putting in as much cyber effort as some of you to degrade others when speaking about the USAF... None of you will be able to take those letters to heaven just as I won't be able to take my rank.

Does speaking down to others via the internet bring you happiness? I'm legitimacy curious and would love honest answers on this one.

Do you think the way you speak to others is a good representation of your organization? Some of you have your orgs in your signature, right below belittling statements.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
A few general questions for everyone who has replied to on this post:

Why so uptight/protective/sensitive about your organizations? I completely understand something holding importance to you, but the only thing I'd get as defensive as some of you are over is my family and my God. Even as proud woman of the United States Air Force, I could never imagine putting in as much cyber effort as some of you to degrade others when speaking about the USAF... None of you will be able to take those letters to heaven just as I won't be able to take my rank.

Does speaking down to others via the internet bring you happiness? I'm legitimacy curious and would love honest answers on this one.

Do you think the way you speak to others is a good representation of your organization? Some of you have your orgs in your signature, right below belittling statements.
You realize you're engaging right along with them, right?

You said you got your answer from HQ/Nationals. Take that and keep it moving.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
You realize you're engaging right along with them, right?

You said you got your answer from HQ/Nationals. Take that and keep it moving.
You're right.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure that fine attitude and sparkling personality will take you as far with attaining alumnae chapter membership as it did with collegiate membership.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh no, wanna-be royalty, when you come on GREEK Chat and talk about wanting to BECOME a Greek, it is entirely understandable that any reference would be seen in terms of GREEK organizations. The only thing misguided here is your belief that any GLO would want you as a member. Well, that and the idea that you can proclaim yourself "royalty" and then act upset when your peasant status is pointed out to you.

I rate that flounce a 4.3. Points were deducted for the tired old "representing your org" line.

What say you, GCers?

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 12-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh no, wanna-be royalty, when you come on GREEK Chat and talk about wanting to BECOME a Greek, it is entirely understandable that any reference would be seen in terms of GREEK organizations. The only thing misguided here is your belief that any GLO would want you as a member. Well, that and the idea that you can proclaim yourself "royalty" and then act upset when your peasant status is pointed out to you.

I rate that flounce a 4.3. Points were deducted for the tired old "representing your org" line.

What say you, GCers?
I think she sounds like a person who probably refers to herself in the third person.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I think the best part is that the people she's talking to AREN'T the ones who are in orgs that don't discuss how to become a member on GC. Most of the people who have posted in this thread are from orgs where posting recruitment advice and info is fairly standard.

And I'm still waiting on my tea. It's so hard to find good help these days.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
One word: WELP (for her)!