GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,633
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, ajaksonttsoz851
» Online Users: 2,412
2 members and 2,410 guests
No Members online

Old 08-23-2006, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Article on rush in Ala. Crimson White paper

http://www.cw.ua.edu/vnews/display.v.../44ec15724f312

Entitled: New pledge's diary sketches the pageantry, pain of sorority Recruitment
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Love the 'spoiled brats buying their friends comment'.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
jessicaelaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax
and where did the whole Iraq thing come from? I'm so sure the person that left that comment never complains because there are soldiers fighting over seas. i bet not once did they say anything along the lines of "gee, today was a rough day at work." can soldiers fighting in Iraq not complain because there have been other wars in which soldiers have had it worse? what an idiot.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax
I'm right there with ya. In a way, I understand what that woman was talking about with the "y'all are complaining about tired feet when there are soldiers dying in Iraq and people still dealing with Katrina-related loss" bit. But, what, people are supposed to stop living because of those things? We're supposed to call off sorority recruitment (and college admissions, and football try-outs, and job applications, and other "events" where people compete for positions) in order to focus on soldiers in Iraq and disaster victims?

I thought the article itself, however, was cute.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK
I'm right there with ya. In a way, I understand what that woman was talking about with the "y'all are complaining about tired feet when there are soldiers dying in Iraq and people still dealing with Katrina-related loss" bit. But, what, people are supposed to stop living because of those things? We're supposed to call off sorority recruitment (and college admissions, and football try-outs, and job applications, and other "events" where people compete for positions) in order to focus on soldiers in Iraq and disaster victims?
One day right after 9/11, one of my neighbors and I were standing on the bus bitching about it being late and this and that. This woman turns to us and starts giving us a lecture along the lines of how we shouldn't ever complain about anything ever again that's so trivial because people lost their lives and family members and yada yada yada. It was all I could do not to tell her to F off. You have to go on with your life, and bitching about the bus is part of that. If we all thought about the horrible things on earth every minute of every day, no one would ever get out of bed.

/hijack
Old 08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

So which house is it?

Anybody know?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So which house is it?
Pretty sure it's DZ.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I wonder why they couldn't give the name of the girl or the sorority. One of the people who commented was right, it does make the article kind of generic, but whatever. My campus has written articles about specific NMs after they've received a bid. Must be a campus Panhel thing at Alabama.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with person who commented that the picture was blah. Really, was that the best that they could come up with?