GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,061
3 members and 2,058 guests
jehnzcahvsy3778, Xidelt

Old 08-06-2002, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
ghost stories

all right..
i know there is a thread about this allready, but i want new, updated ghost stories... either about your sorority/fraternity house, your family home, the dorms, or whatever.
i just saw "signs" and need another good scare
my personal story:
my ex boyfriend lived in his fraternity house. This house was purchased from a wealthy old family in the 1950's. A few years prior to this, the lady of the house hung herself in the attic (documented in the Lowell Sun newspaper-not myth). Since then there have been weird shadows and crazy noises in both the attic AND the fireplace room, which used to be hers. My Ex LIVED in the fireplace room. One night i was laying on the couch and saw something go across the room, and told him.. and then he told me the story. i was SO FREAKED OUT! A few weeks later there was a bunch of us sitting in the room watching movies when the closet door swung open. Kenny went and shut it and put a box with shoes in it in front of the door.. and it opened again. They all started joking around about how the "ghost loved the closet".. i was thorougly freaked out for the night and wouldn't go anywhere alone.. The next night someone thought they saw someone in bed with the ex of mine... a female, she was "staring at him"... EEEEEEK i was so scared to ever stay there cuz i think she might have had a crush on him?
One of the brothers who i trust was in the shower one night with the door shut and locked and felt something grab his arm. he started thrashing around and the lights went out... he ran out of that bathroom like a bat out of hell, and there was no one in there, and no one ever owned up to it.. with a practicle joke like that i think one of the guys would definitely own up to it..
i've gone and freaked myself out.. EEEK...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2002, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

haunted houses

I'm not gonna fill up space here with all of my stories( I have a lot) but if you like I can email you a few. I have had some ghostly encounters before I started school and now that I live in the haunted ass hell house( Pike House) I have enuff shit to write a 500 pg book.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow kappatarzan!! Those stories gave me the chills! That is really freaky!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter house at Ball State had a ghost (at least one) in it. It was a big, Victorian house built in the 1870's, and had once been home to some locally prominent families before finally being acquired by my chapter in 1958. When I was a pledge, the brothers always joked about "Leonard" the ghost, named after the main founder of our local chapter. When I was in school, there always seemed to be some sort of "activity" going on in the house that defied explanation. One of the brothers always stayed in the house over winter break because his family lived locally. He told me that one time he was watching tv, and decided to run down to the corner convenience store for a snack. He left the tv and all of the lights on, but locked the front door when he left.
He returned no more than ten minutes later to find that the front door was still locked but that all of the lights and tv were off. He thought that the a circuit had blown, checked the box, and nothing happened. So he went back upstairs, and found that actually the tv and lights had all been switched off! Another brother came down the stairs one time and saw this swivel rocker in the living room turning very slowly by itself! We had a black lab mascot that used to just sit at the top of the basement stairs and stare down them for long periods of time. That door also always seemed to open by itself. Another brother was lying on a couch downstairs watching tv. He looked up and saw this fairly clear, but still kind of hazy-fuzzy male figure walking through the dance floor. It passed into the living room, stopped in the opening between the living room and the room he was in, and it looked like it turned to look at him! He said the figure then moved through the wall at the place where the front door used to be (it had been relocated during a 1970's remodeling)!

I moved in the house my senior year, and experienced a lot of very wierd things first-hand.
We had very high ceilings in our house, so every room had a sleeping loft to maximize floor space. One night, I had been in my loft just a short while when I looked out into the room and saw a glowing yellow-white orb about the size of a tennis ball hovering in mid-air. Suddenly it just dropped to the floor, and it sounded like it landed on newspapers on the floor. I switched on the light, but there was nothing... no orb, no newspapers. Another time I was sound asleep in my loft, when I was awakened by the sound of my door slamming into the radiator behind it like it had been kicked in! Well I assumed that it was one of my brothers coming home drunk from the bar who thought it would be funny to wake me up. I stuck my head over the side of the loft and looked down.
I saw the silhouette of a man in the doorway, and the hall light was on behind him. Assuming it was one of my brothers, I let forth with a string of obscenities and told him to get the hell out of my room because I was trying to sleep! With that the door just slammed shut, and I went back to bed, not thinking anything more of it. The next morning I expected that I was going to have to replace the deadbolt, door, door jam, etc., since it had been kicked in the night before. But when I went to check it, the door was still deadbolted shut. It had never been opened! That freaked me out! The last thing that happened to me was that my Grandfather's ring, that I wore every day, disappeared. I laid it on the shelf in my room one night like I always did along with my watch, wallet, keys, etc. The next morning it was gone. Initially I thought it fell on the floor or that I misplaced it and I searched, but nothing turned up. I tore my room apart searching for it but never found it. I asked everyone in the house if they had seen it, and no luck. Three weeks went by and I was devistated. One night before I went to bed I just said out loud. That ring means a lot to me. I really want it back. The next morning, it was sitting on the shelf where I had left it, but this time it was sitting on top of my wallet!!! That was the last thing that happened to me, but anytime you were alone in that house you always felt like you were being watched, and you would always hear the sounds of someone moving around. It certainly kept things interesting!

Last edited by BSUPhiSig'92; 08-06-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
Thumbs up

ohhhh god i love ghost stories... i've officially freaked myself out reading those, BSUPhiSig. EEEEEEEEKK!

everyone post more stories, i love them
Old 08-06-2002, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG these stories are crazy. I am totally freaked out but I love them. Interesting to know these facts. I don't think anything like that ever happened at our house. Not that any sisters now would know. Keep the stories coming!