GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,533
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, agregoradarky21
» Online Users: 1,610
1 members and 1,609 guests
fmanning

Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Questions PNMs should be prepared to answer during rush?

I searched to see if there was a thread specifically dedicated to this topic, but I didn't find anything.

So... what are some questions that potential new members should definitely be prepared to answer while talking to sorority members during rush?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl519 View Post
I searched to see if there was a thread specifically dedicated to this topic, but I didn't find anything.

So... what are some questions that potential new members should definitely be prepared to answer while talking to sorority members during rush?
From a different site: http://sororityeverafter.com/6-quest...y-recruitment/

And a great thread from GC on the importance of conversation: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...t=conversation

Other than basic, get to know you questions, we really can't anticipate what they'll ask you- but that's okay because the most important part of answering these questions is doing so in a way that leads to broader conversation! For example, when someone asks you what dorm you're in, you could respond "oh I'm in (whatever) dorm and it's been so fun getting ready for recruitment with everyone. My roommate and I get along so well, last week we went to (some campus event) and had a blast!" and then the girl rushing you will have way more things to go off of than if you had just said the name of the dorm. Both you and the actives will get a better feel for each other if you manage to have a more meaningful conversation than just the basics.

ETA: I honestly think the most important part of prepping for recruitment is just doing stuff, getting involved. If a PNM comes through who was spent whatever amount of time before recruitment sitting on her butt being boring (be it high school, a few weeks into the fall semester, or the fall semester depending on when the school does recruitment) and she has nothing to talk about, the actives are going to think wow, this girl is really not the involved type, what would she bring to the chapter? In contrast, if a PNM comes through that has spent her time doing fun, interesting things that showcase her personal qualities and give her things to talk about, then it's a lot easier to picture her in the group.

Last edited by justgo_withit; 06-18-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added Stuff
Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl519 View Post

I don't know about specific questions that you might be asked. The one piece of advise I would give you is if you're given a yes/no question just don't answer yes/no elaborate on it. The girls I work with think it is like pulling teeth when they get a PNM to only answer with one word answers. They are then constantly trying to think of things to pull you out of your shell. If it is to hard and a lot of work to hold a conversation with you that usually doesn't bode well for a PNM getting an invite back.

Good luck!

Last edited by AXOrushadvisor; 06-18-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^We were always taught not to ask PNMs yes/no questions, for just this reason. It's a dead-end conversation stopper. The previous posters have offered very good advice.