GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,566
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, maximujnra3388
» Online Users: 2,084
1 members and 2,083 guests
oncegreek

Old 03-13-2005, 08:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LCA1891
University of Arkansas Update

I am one of the founding fathers from the recolonization back in fall of 2002. I am proud to say that as of last fall the Gamma Chi Zeta was rechartered We are occupying the fraternity house on 120 North Stadium Drive in Fayetteville. With some generous alumni support, there was great renovations done and the house is very classy. Last fall's rush class was around 35 men. This boosts our membership to around 80-90 active members. I would predict that in another year or two LCA will be the most powerful fraternity on our campus and a model chapter for everyone. I would encourage any alumni who haven't been to Fayetteville recently to come by the house and look at the progress. Any brothers who happen to come through fayetteville, there is always a place to for you to stay and have a good time.

ZAX
Taylor Howard
Gamma Chi 1891
"Lambda Chi 'til I die"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2005, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryan400z
Arkansas is doing great.

Yea I heard Gamma Chi Zeta is doing really well from some of my friends at Arkansas. Your house is incredible and the quality of the brothers is top notch, your initiation numbers are the highest so far with 38, and you look like your chapter has really reorganized itself.
I am actually trying to get in touch with your high delta, I e-mailed him a few days ago so we could talk about rush and fraternity life in general, I will probaly be in touch with the high alpha too. My name is Ryan Daley, I am a Lambda Chi Alpha at UT-Knoxville, Epsilon Omicron Zeta. Anyway I hope your brothers keep up the good the work and stay in touch on greekchat.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Bro. it is good news to hear of the Great Rebuilding of a Fine Zeta.

If none of you have been to the Gamma Chi Zeta Chapter House, it is awesome.

Taylor, congratualtions to You and All of the Brothers there. Keep up the Great Work.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-13-2005, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
if possible can anyone post a picture of their house?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

HOUSE PIC

http://comp.uark.edu/~lambdach/

That is there website, not a great picture of the house, its huge.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Ryan, bigger than Huge. It is very nice.

For those that dont remember, try Brother Jon Sagaras Web Site at the RTop of the Thread. You have to search Web Sites.

There are many Houses that keep LXA Zetas, but, it is still The BrothherHood that Makes a House work!!

We are building a new house and can check it on lambdachi@pittstate.org. Check Phi Tau House from site. It is great!

It is still a building,!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-13-2005, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea huge, beautiful, nice, I meant all of that and I also mentioned that I have heard the brothers were quality and good. I could give a flying crap what a house looks like. When I tell my friends at Arkansas I am a Lambda Chi Alpha they tell me how great the chapter is there, that is the only reason why I really found out what they were like and what their house looks like. Houses mean a lot for people who judge things by their covers, its the members inside that count. The fraternity at UT with the biggest house is horrible, but they get a lot of rushees that look at them because of their house. As soon as all the other chapters get new houses next year that chapter will have the status it used to have before their new house was built.
Anyway, Arkansas is a very good chapter on the rebound, we have a lot of very good chapters that also need to be recognized and its nice to hear updates about them.

Last edited by Ryan400z; 03-13-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Update Yor Email is the is the first step!

IHQ is coming out with an email update, Try it, sign up for it!

Aint in, then dont win! See the most current informatin.

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 03-14-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on the fine work the chapter is doing. The undergrads at Lambda Chi's newest chapter (Incarnate Word) used your chartering application as a template for their application.

Its especially interesting to see how the campus didnt react well to you all coming back, by doing stuff by the book and all.

Also, Kudos to Bro. Drew Ledbetter for his hard work as High Pi during the colonization and chartering. While I have never met him, I can appreciate what all he has done, having been the High Pi for a colony as well and seen the group through to chartering.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by lifesaver; 03-14-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Taylor,

I had the priviledge of meeting some of your guys during the recent Regional Conference in Oklahoma City. I got to know Ben Kirksey and if he's any indication of the quality of men your chapter is developing then you guys are doing a great job.

You guys should be proud of the way you came back after what shut you down in the early 2000's.