GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,619
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, LonnieWind
» Online Users: 1,334
2 members and 1,332 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2002, 12:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shark_in_Skirt Send a message via Yahoo to Shark_in_Skirt
West Coast Rush VS. Southern Rush

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry if this is a really, really ignorant question... I'm new to this whole Greek experince. If one of the moderators finds this topic too ludicriously obvious, please delete my post.

I've been reading practically all of the posts that've been on here because I'm so nervous about rush!

I'm especially concerned about the attire for rush... I'm not very familiar with the members of this board, yet, so I can't quite tell who's from where. It seems, however, that the girls on this board are reccomending attire that seems extremely demure and formal.

Okay, getting to the point: Does rushing in California require the same undertoned, formal attire that seems to be required for rush in Southern states?

I've read dozens of posts suggesting pearls... Hoping that I won't offend anybody... I frankly cannot imagine wearing pearls as an 18 year old college freshman in California. Are the pearls that prevalent, practically mandatory?

I assume it's absolutely not okay to wear shorts to one of the sorority's casual events, even in CA?

Anyway, I'm sorry this post is so long and rambling! Thanks so much for your time!

XOXO,
Annie.