GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,573
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bryanjnior459

Old 09-27-2002, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at UC Davis- THETA!!!

This is my first time being an Advisor for the UC Davis Chapter of Theta, and I must say things are going awesome for the chapter!! We have to deal with all those Sorority Lifers and dispelling the myths, but otherwise things are going great.

I will be attending the Pref Night tonight, and will be able to see all the great new faces.

I am so excited for not only the Zeta Nu Chapter, but for all my Theta sisters!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2002, 07:59 PM

If you have time and can share how things are going in general at Davis, I'd love to read about it. I've been curious how many PNMs there were and how many have remained in as the week went on.

Good luck to all of you tonight at Prefs! Isn't it exciting to be an adviser during recruitment?

Christin
Old 09-28-2002, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Glad to hear that ... so MTV didn't hurt us in general.
That's good.
Good luck for the rest of the year, GO GREEK!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I too will want to follow this thread! Hope all goes GREAT!

If you respond, I would like to know if the PNMs are "different" this year from years past. Are your numbers up over all?
I guess a type of profile on rush 2002 vs previous recruitments.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the Tri Delta membership advisor at UC Davis. We should chat...

Overall, recruitment seemed to go very well. Four houses made quota (including DDD and Theta)... We're excited and happy... and tired!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

The four houses (out of eight) that made quota were:

Alpha Phi
Pi Beta Phi
Delta Delta Delta
Kappa Alpha Theta

I didn't hear much about MTV or Sorority Life concerns, although Panhellenic did do an info session about it prior to recruitment...
Old 09-30-2002, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to UC Davis on a wonderful recruitment. And especially to our Kappa Alpha Theta and Delta Delta Delta advisors and GC Posters! Great work! It must be a great feeling to welcome all those new women to the Panhellenic experience! And I know as an advisor there's a whole new level of satisfaction. Congrats again.

Did Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi participate in formal rush as well? That certainly must have been strange as a pnm to walk into an event and talk to Becca and Pauli, or even Candace and Amanda. At least it would have thrown me off. Then again I was one of your more nervous rushees...I was worried I have to learn the rush chants by the end of the first parties...I know, I'm an odd duck. (I just really, really wanted it )

Go UC Davis!
violets
Old 09-30-2002, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

As an affiliate of Panhellenic, SAEPi does not participate in formal recruitment. I'm sort of glad, 'cause that would've been really weird. It will be interesting to see how they recruit this fall... I'm assuming it will happen shortly, as they're in the second week of school already.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to our Epsilon Rho Chapter for making quota!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Pray tell....

...what are all the chapters at UCDavis?
Old 09-30-2002, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

DDDbean,
Thanks for the info.
I wonder how Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi does during informal?
Well, I hope. They should just try and move past last spring and move forward as best they can.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their recruitment though, I wonder what kind of women they will attract? Either serious, like the actives during the show, or girls who'll be hoping MTV forgot and left a camera running to tape their every star worthy moment.
violets
Old 09-30-2002, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

The chapters at UCD are:

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi

I, too, would love to be a fly on the wall at SAEPi's recruitment. If I hear anything, I'll post...
Old 10-01-2002, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

We are very concerned that only half of the chapters made quota (last year it was only 3), so we are attempting to address that w/ Panhellenic right now. The house that is struggling on campus is currently Chi Omega... we hope to strategize to help them out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try to keep in the loop as to what's going on w/ SAEPi.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Theta Love!

HI there All!
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I had to schedule a red eye flight to Atlanta after Pref night in Davis, didn't get in until 6am on Saturday!

Anyhow, it was AMAZING seeing all the PnM's at Pref night. We had two full parties and all the women were fabulous. The house truly pulled together and did a wonderful job. I was truly impressed with the calibur of rushees and how well our girls did. It was so awesome singing the Theta songs with the Chapter during the cermonies and hearing all the wonderful stories of what Theta has meant to our members, it brought tears to my eyes. I just graduated from my chapter in December and being such a new advisor really gave me a great perspective of what it meant to be in Theta.

The parties went super well, quota was 29, and we were able to give bids to 33, and ALL 33 accepted! I am so proud of the Zeta Nu's and for all their hard work. They had almost 40 seniors graduate last year, almost half their house, so we didn't know how they would fair with the loss of membership and the MTV coverage, but the girls pulled together and came out on top.

I am so happy to be an Advisor for such an awesome group of girls. I can't wait to hear the news from my own Chapter Zeta Theta.

Theta love to my sisters and new members!!!