GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,574
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, ajacksonjunioro

Old 10-05-2002, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck girl and keep us posted!!

Kappa Delta Sorority

Sigma Alpha Iota Music Fraternity
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-05-2002, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2002, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Best of Luck, Steph!
Old 10-06-2002, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
Good luck!!!! I'm from Cincinnati so I know women in KD, Kappa, and Chi-O. They are all wonderful organizations! Keep us posted!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hopefulgreekgrl Send a message via Yahoo to hopefulgreekgrl
Ok ladies, here goes. I just got back from visiting all 6 houses and I am soooo tired. If I make mistakes typing this up, i'm so sorry. Anyway, I had a ton of fun today, but i'm so worried that the fact that i'm a sophomore and i got sick spring quarter is going to affect me a ton. A little less than 200 girls are going through recruitment and The six sororities at UC are Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Delta, Chi Omega, Theta Phi Alpha, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Delta Delta Delta and we visited them all today *but not in that order*. Here goes:

House #1- I Not many girls from my recriutment group liked this house, but all the girls were super sweet to me and I just felt like I totally clicked with all the girls I talked to. Today was philanthropy day, so we made bookmarks and cards to send to the children's hospital *every chapter had to do the same philantrophy, so yes I made 6 identical bookmarks, lol* I never had a dull moment in the conversation either, but again I'm just worried about grades.

House #2- This will probably be the house that I drop. One girl rushed me the entire time, and honestly I feel like I was rushing her more than she was me. She seemed very disinterested and was looking off into space. I asked her if we could get up and walk around since we were outside and it was kinda chilly and she said that we had to sit there and wait for the next girl to get me, but she never did!! I just didn't feel like I would really fit in there.

House #3- I really liked this house too. A few girls that I went to high school with are in this house. And the girls that I talked to were so awesome. I felt very comfortable just being myself. I was being double rushed *which I hated* for a few minutes, but then a girl came to take me away*thank god* and things just went uphill from there.

House #4- This is my favorite house. I talked to a ton of different girls and they all seemed so sweet and nice and I totally enjoyed talking to all of them. I had e-mailed this houses recruitment chair about 2 or 3 months ago with questions because of this whole mono thing and she remembered me, hunted me down to say hi and meet me, and even told her girls how enthusiastic Iwas about rush. That's just definitely somewhere I feel totally comfortable.

House #5- I felt kind of out of place walking into this sorority. But the first girl I talked to was a total sweetheart and we had a lot in common, but then they switched and the girl I got was like literally falling asleep, which of course I took as a bad sign because she was bored, but it turns out that she didn't sleep at all last night and has been fighting to stay awake all day. I guess I would have to go back another night to see if I feel comfortable or not there.

and finally House #6- I felt so welcome walking into this house, it seems like half of the house is composed of people that went to my high school and even girls I had never seen before in my life knew who I was. I talked to seriously about 20 sisters, which was awesome. But I had the same problem as the previous house, my last girl was so tired. Apparently these girls hadn't eaten all day and we're so worn out because it was their last party, but oh well, all in all I feel good about this house.

So there you have it, Day 1 of my recruitment experience. I had an awesome time, and hopefully I can continue on. Wish me luck!! And thank you ladies so much for all the support!!

Last edited by hopefulgreekgrl; 10-12-2002 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
Sounds like your first day went off well. I am glad you are enjoying yourself and meeting new people. As for the grades issue, if you really like a house, make sure you tell them about being sick last year and mention what you are doing this year to pull up your GPA ( extra studying, tutors, retaking classes) This way, the sisters know not only what happened, but see what you are doing to fix the problem.

Good luck with the rest of the parties, Have fun, and keep us posted.

Greek love,
melissa
Old 10-06-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

It's great that you're keeping an open mind despite what others in your group think (re: house #1). Thinking back to my rush days I am glad that I went into it as a freshman before school started so that I didn't have the campus "reputations" to sway me. I also didn't know very many girls in my rush group to sway me either. Go with your gut feelings!!! I also remember vividly going through one house where I thought the girl was bored stiff. That is so uncomfortable and boring for you!

Good luck and rest up, the best is yet to come!

Rachel
Old 10-07-2002, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with RUSH. Sounds like your first day went well and that you know the order of the houses you liked. Being a sophomore won't hurt you - I am a sophomore who just pledged and like 4 other girls in my pledge class alone are too. So don't worry about that! Keep us updated as we love these rush stories. Sounds like you a wonderful girl for any sorority!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hopefulgreekgrl Send a message via Yahoo to hopefulgreekgrl
Ok well I'm about to walk out the door now, but just a quick update, I met with my rho gamma this morning and it turns out that I got dropped from 3 houses. I'm pretty upset, but honestly it's what I expected being a sophomore and the whole mono/grades thing. But what surprised me were the houses that kept me. House 4 *which i'm soooo happy about*, house 2 *which confused the hell out of me*, and house 5. Tonight is house tour night, so wish me luck!! Love ya,

Steph
Old 10-07-2002, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Steph!
So are you not going to give us any house names until the end?
If you don't want to, that's more than okay, just curious!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Steph! As someone wisely said in another thread, try not to focus at all on the disappointment and instead focus on the houses you're going to tonight and have fun!!!

It's all going to turn out great for you!!! Hang in there!

Rachel
Old 10-07-2002, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
Steph,

Goof luck tonight. Enjoy yourself and continue to keep a good perspective on things. I hope you end up where you are supposed to be.

Greek love,
Melissa
Old 10-07-2002, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Good Luck, Steph!
Old 10-07-2002, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!

Good Luck! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
Old 10-08-2002, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!