GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,585
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, ztaylorgoglet22
» Online Users: 1,934
0 members and 1,934 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2002, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

People you don't want as sisters

What should one do if someone expresses an interest in your organization, but you know you would not be proud to call them your sister?

I don't mean, "Oh, she isn't pretty enough," or, "I think she fits in better at Mu Mu." I mean, she doesn't even come close to representing what your organization stands for and she very well might cause problems within the chapter/alum group.

I suppose you can ignore her interest, if it's not expressed directly to you, but what if she does- if she asks you to take her to a rush event, or asks how alumnae initiation works?

Please note that this is NOT directed at anyone on this board. I realize we have quite a few gals on here rushing, or looking into alum initiation, and I don't want them to think I'm referring to them. I'm actually thinking of stuff that happened offline, although it could be applicable here as well - seeing as we do get PNMs on here frequently. What if Rhonda Rushee asks you about your org, and you've seen from her actions on here that she is a complete pyscho? Do you discourage her? Try to pawn her off on another organization? Ignore her?