GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,584
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bpittyjunor9856
» Online Users: 1,669
0 members and 1,669 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

"My baby girl is rushing!" -FSUMummy

Hello all!

My little girl has left the nest and will begin rush this upcoming weekend! I am not a greek and have joined this site in hopes of being able to provide my daughter with any guidance she may need during this process.

I know a very little about the Greek System as I went to college abroad but wholeheartedly support the idea of her rushing. The main source of my information is from my longtime friend who was/is Greek but went to a very small school. Her rush experiences (she was a Rho Chi as well) varies greatly from what I have read on these boards.

Fortunately, she secured two rec letters, one from my friend and another from a relative. Unfortunately (I guess), they were for the same organization. She a little stressed out about this because she says it's a very competitive process, and girls are often left without an invitation. I have no idea. The literature I received from the school states otherwise. Any truth to this?

The only bit of advice I've given her so far (besides be yourself) is to visit the sororities' websites. I think that should at least familiarize her with each organization's goals, etc.

I plan to report back after she calls me each night. Hopefully, no "crisis" will occur, but if it does, I'd appreciate any feedback y'all could give.

Looking forward to it!

FSUMummy